Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256241 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 8 - TT S4, W7
« Reply #1890 on: March 23, 2015, 02:59:30 pm »

He didn't have grab. I was actually just going to surf the guy to get him away so I could try to stall and hopefully limit you to a TTM OTTD.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 24, 2015, 01:30:18 pm »

The Training League has been advanced!

Week Eight Match-ups are:
Kansa - The Black Guards vs Remuthra - Stumpy Surgeons
Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds vs monk12 - Monk's Mutineers
Aslandus - landing party vs i2amroy - Fightin Fairies
Criptfeind - Cripts Clobbers vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS
Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls vs Raddish - Slow March of Death

I'll be advancing the week along with the main league on Monday. Let me know if there are any issues.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 24, 2015, 02:55:36 pm »

Slashing Slayers 2-0 Scaly and Lazy

In an absolutely brutal game the Slayers just took me apart. It started with me receiving, getting the ball on a skink, and pushing forward a bit, but the chaos counterattack made a big mess of the line of skirmish and threatened my fragile skink cage. I moved my skinks forward and towards the middle anyway, but couldn't properly protect the ball carrier, the ball got lost into the big fight in the middle, where it bounced around a lot, we punched it out for a few turns trying to get it, but in the end my skinks failed to recover. A beastman grabbed the ball and ran away as chaos heavily mauled my lines. My lizards got a bad job of it and were really roughed up as Slaya waited until halftime to walk the ball in.

The second half wasn't really a game, none of my players from the first got up, and I was outnumbered 2 to 1 on the pitch. Slaya leisurely walked forward, knocked out the remaining skinks, and then spent the rest of the half brutalizing lizards. There wasn't really anything I could do but wait for eight turns of destruction to pass and the game to end, Slaya getting a score on his final turn.

Unquestionably the most I've ever lost a game by.

Although, there were miraculously no permanent injuries. A skink is going to sit out the next game to get his ribs checked out, but that's it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:57:14 pm by Criptfeind »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 24, 2015, 03:26:51 pm »

Looks like it's my turn to face the infamous wood elves...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 26, 2015, 03:45:12 pm »

Cripts Clobbers 2-0  SLAYA'S SVENS

In revenge for him ending my zero loss streak I have ended Slaya's 100% win rate. I got another disconnection, but luckily it was before the game had even started. Although they do worry me.

The game started with Slaya receiving. He punched into my line with his Svens, and I punched right back. In the back field though his star Sven was having issues picking up the ball in the torrential downpour, failing twice before finally managing to pick it up on the third turn. From there silly Sven moved to the left flank, and the svens concentrated their efforts there, punching though the beastman line I had set up, they opened a hole that the scampering Sven ran though. However, my wizard threw a lightning bolt down from the crowd at the springily Sven, knocking poor old sad Sven down to the ground (and sending him into the casualty box badly hurt, though the apothecary managed to patch him up enough for the next drive). A beastman grabbed the ball and huddled up next to a chaos warrior, and with the line of skirmish in shatters and most of the players concentrating on their own battles none of the svens managed to get free, the beastman managed to make his way to get a goal on the very last turn of the half.

The second half saw me receiving, and unlike old sorry Sven my beastmen managed to grab the ball on the first try and move up. At this point a couple of svens were ko'd and a few more badly hurt, so the player number advantage lay with me. I caged up on the right side and punched my way though the waves of svens relatively uneventfully, scoring a goal on the fifth turn of the second half, practically guaranteeing the win. Although it did not have a large impact on the game, it was sorta funny to note that a werewolf (I think his name was sven) pushed with frenzy on one beastman every single turn for the whole drive. He managed to move him from the middle of the svens fields to halfway down the left side of my field. (I think the beastman only got knocked over like, once or twice.)

The last drive of the game saw me kick the ball out to the svens, but with the game practically over they decided to instead turn the last three turns of the game unto a brawl in the center field (and a smaller brawl between a few warriors, a beastman, a sven, and the big sven on the left field). Being chaos, I of course obliged this fight. The punches were many, although the only permanent injury was a smashed kneecap on a beastman, the apothecary suggested amputation, so the beastman has decided to forgo treatment.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 8 - TT S4, W8
« Reply #1895 on: March 27, 2015, 04:12:54 pm »

Raddish wins the battle of people who are tired of their teams 2-1. I've really hit on a good tactic with the necros though. If all my players are loner zombies, then it doesn't matter so much when they fail to regenerate from their deadness. That's two zombies in the last two games I haven't had to replace!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 27, 2015, 09:22:40 pm »

I think the game was landing party 0-3 Fighting fairies

Not going to bother with a play by play because it's been a few hours since we played the game and I don't remember exactly how it went, but one of my werewolves and a lineman died, and the wood elves suffered little more than a single KO, Nuffle was clearly not happy with my performance (or just loved how punchy the wood elves were being). I think I forgot to buy an extra reroll before the game, but at least I had enough afterwards to buy a new ulfwerner and lineman to replace the guys that died.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 28, 2015, 02:53:12 pm »

Yeah, the wood elves were extremely bashy that game, and the fact that both werewolves got hurt out of the game (one extra-permanently) in the first couple of turns really helped.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 29, 2015, 10:24:40 pm »

The main league has advanced! With only two weeks left the race for the play-offs is still tight, with every team still having a shot at making them. The Lizards and Chaos have punched their ticket already but the remaining teams still have everything to gain, or lose. The Orcs need a mere 1 point to ensure their place with the chaos and lizards in the final tournament. The story for the bottom half of the league is far different with this week's match-up between the Daemons and the Ogres potentially deciding which team goes to the play-offs. The lings will need a decent amount of luck and two wins to make the playoffs but it is still theoretically possible. So without further ado!

Week Nine Match-ups Are:
Kanil - Ill-Timed Boners vs i2amroy - The Daemoning!
THE_SLAYA - Slashing Slayers vs Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs
Criptfiend - Scaly and Lazy vs monk12 - Monk's Mafioso

League will advance next week, contact me with scheduling issues.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 30, 2015, 11:02:36 am »

"A decent amount of luck" he says :P  I only need to get the team's first 2 Ws against the leagues top 2 coaches while the Daemons and Ogres draw this week and lose next week.

Still, it would be a hell of a thing!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 30, 2015, 01:50:21 pm »

"A decent amount of luck" he says :P  I only need to get the team's first 2 Ws against the leagues top 2 coaches while the Daemons and Ogres draw this week and lose next week.

No, a decent amount of luck plus two wins, which all told is a lot of luck.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 30, 2015, 02:07:42 pm »

I was trying to make it seem at least slightly plausible that you could make the playoffs, xp.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 30, 2015, 02:15:22 pm »

The Orcs could really go either way. Some matches they brutalise, others they don't manage much.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 9 - TT S4, W8
« Reply #1903 on: March 31, 2015, 09:35:45 pm »

The Training League has been advanced! The final week before the play-offs features matches between the top two teams in a battle for the top seed, a battle for the third and fourth seed, a fight for the fifth and sixth seed, and a match to determine the eighth seed in the play-offs! I think its safe to say this is the most important week of the regular season!

Week Nine Match-ups Are:
Kansa - The Black Guards vs Aslandus - landing party
Criptfeind - Cripts Clobbers vs Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds
Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls vs Remuthra - Stumpy Surgeons
Raddish - Slow March of Death vs monk12 - Monk's Mutineers
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS vs i2amroy - Fightin Fairies

I'll advance the league next Monday, let me know if there are any scheduling issues or any matches need to be reset.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:09:59 pm by THE_SLAYA »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 9 - TT S4, W9
« Reply #1904 on: April 03, 2015, 05:56:50 am »

By the way.

Scaly and Lazy 2-1 Monk's Mafioso happened a few days ago.

I've probably forgotten most of the game, but here is what I can recall:

Monk purchased the halfling master chief, the big tree guy, a bribe, and a wizard with his inducements. (The halfling master chief managed to only steal one reroll this game, the bribe was used on a foul that left my sauri unscathed but the ref still threw the halfling out of the game, and although I tried to play around the wizard, which probably was of some value to the halflings, in the end he really didn't do much ether. The big tree guy was scary though.)

It started with me receiving the ball (with a high kick), so I drove forward. The lizards bashed some halflings and the trees bashed some lizards. The skinks ran about a bit before pushing though the halfling line and running in for a goal.

In the second drive I kicked out a high kick to a halfling who caught the ball, and the whole halfling and treeman team arrayed themselves on the left hand side of the field and drove forward. I blitzed a lizardmen and some skinks into the back of the halfling line to start bashing my way towards the ball as the rest of my team worked to slow down the treeman advance, whereas the halflings played keep away from my ball retrieval team and marked up my other lizards and the trees plowed forward. We went on like that for a few turns, until on the last turn of the half a tree picked up the halfling and threw him towards the goal, but unfortunately his aim was a bit off, and the halfling landed just right outside of go for it range.

In the second half the halflings received the ball from a high kick and both of us repeated our strategy from the last drive, me sending a hit squad after the ball and trying to stop his trees as his halflings screened the ball and pushed forward with the trees. The lizard I sent in got bogged down by halflings however, but a few skinks slipped though the lines, and my strength three skink blitzed the carrier, sending him to the ground and getting a few skinks on the ball. Unfortunately my lizards were largely unable to help to the skinks, and after a mad skink vs halfling brawl the skinks got knocked away from the ball and a halfling received it and got tossed into the goal, bringing the score to a tie.

In the last drive of the game the skinks picked up the ball after a not high kick (somehow) and moved forward and to the right. The lizardmen blitzed forward and pushed the halflings (who were starting to get a little bit thin on numbers at this point) out of the way and the skink cage easily ran up the right side. The wizard, who had been watching from the sidelines this whole time, shot a lightingbolt down into the skinks, but it hardly slowed them down at all. They ran up to the goal line and waited it out, the trees were too slow (and marked up) to catch them and the lizardmen started tearing though halflings. On the last turn of the match the skinks walked the ball in for the decisive point.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:59:28 am by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 149