Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256242 times)

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Week 9 - TT S5, W7
« Reply #2085 on: July 14, 2015, 04:37:50 am »

Thanks for the answers.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 14, 2015, 10:14:03 pm »

The training league advanced last night! (just posting about it since shortly after I advanced it my internet went down for the count until a few hours ago)

Week Eight Training League Match-ups:
SpottedWobbegong - Sandstorm Riders vs MrRoboto75 - Mr Bone's Wild Team
Sinistar - Da Grin Party vs Kansa - The Sickly Soldiers
Criptfeind - Cript's Korinch Crew vs Aslandus - We move for nobody
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S STRÖNGHAMMERS vs monk12 - Monk's Mjolner Makers
BYE - Kanil - Broad Street Broads

As always the league advances on Monday, let me know if there are any issues.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 14, 2015, 10:17:31 pm »

my fanatic currently sits at 5/6 SPP. How and why, only dice know.
He just got a random MVP one week; that's literally the only way he can get that number since injuries give +2 SPP and he can't pass or score with the ball.

Edit: MVP, not SPP. And you can get it in any game, even if you lose (short of forfeiting) one of your players still gets an MVP award after all.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:59:07 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2088 on: July 15, 2015, 12:54:00 am »

Aha, probably that only time when I won due to Silent_Thunder sadly dropping out.

Also, I see I am finally to fight Nurgle guys... this might get painful.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: July 15, 2015, 11:01:15 pm »

SLAYA's SVENs 4-1 Monk's Mountebanks

This game could have been a lot better for monk, it also could have been a lot worse. Monk suffered from a profound lack of ball handling skills in the first half when his thrower failed four consecutive pick-up rolls resulting in two turnovers and an easy defensive TD for the SVENs to head into halftime with a 2-0 lead. The +STR GR was killed but the silly apothecary saved him. Going into the second half the Mountebanks had sustained 6-ish KO's (all of which woke up), and one BH (not including the apothecaried GR). The second half was fairly average with a few more KO's on both sides while the SVENs fractured another GR's arm, killed another, and BH a lineman. The rats did manage to score in typical skaven fashion with a run and pass down the flank.

Had the dice been kinder to monk in the first half or had my KO rolls been worse, this game would've been a lot closer. However, had a few of my 15-ish stuns/KO's been actual casualties, this game could have gone a lot worse for monk. GG WP to monk, and you can have your grudge match next week, :p.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: July 17, 2015, 02:10:36 pm »

Shimmering Dragons 2-0 TOO SPOOKY

The kickoffs this game definitely favored the elves, but the injuries went in favor of the undead. The first half started with the elves kicking, and going first due to the kickoff event. They quickly ran onto the undead side and grabbed the ball, but got tied down by the ghouls and the undead team dogpiling them. By the end of the first half, half of the elf team was KO'd and a ghoul had nearly scored a touchdown, falling short of the end zone by one turn. Every single elf got back up for the second half.

The second half, the elves grabbed the ball and a catcher slipped through the undead defense. The undead were unable to prevent the score. The next drive the elves managed to dislodge the ball and grab it, running it in with a blitzer with one turn left on the clock. The final turn the undead got a double skull result with no rerolls and the game ended with a zombie punching itself in the face.

Injuries: one gouged eye on an elf player and a smashed hip on a zombie. I'll probably just sack the zombie and buy a new one before next game though.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Week 9 - TT S5, W8
« Reply #2091 on: July 17, 2015, 02:14:26 pm »

Was one of those elf games where you just get hit a lot and can't really do much. You can still win those, thanks to elves, but that game probably would have been a draw or a loss were it not for getting 5 out of 5 KO recoveries and knocking the ball free on a 50/50 one die blitz.

4 strength blodge ghouls are annoying.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: July 17, 2015, 04:21:42 pm »

Cript's Korinch Crew 2-0 We move for nobody

Not my day today is it? The skaven managed to slip through the chaos dwarf team defense and score in the first half, then managed to knock the ball out of my hobgoblin's hands before he got to the end zone for the second half. There were several rats that got KOed then came back for the next drive, and the wizard worked well for Criptfiend, two successful lightning bolts.

Notable injuries: One of my ch. dorf blockers got a -MV injury, normally not so bad but he has 4 MV to start with so he may be getting sacked (depending on what his spp looks like). Good news for any of my future opponents, especially since I think he had guard. I don't think there were any other injuries besides badly hurts.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: July 19, 2015, 09:37:20 pm »

My game will probably be on monday or tuesday, so perhaps hold on advancing the week.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 20, 2015, 04:28:05 am »

My game will probably be on monday or tuesday, so perhaps hold on advancing the week.

Will do, make sure to post or pm when its finished.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 20, 2015, 01:59:25 pm »

The week can be advanced now.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: July 20, 2015, 07:14:31 pm »

All matches played and both weeks have been advanced to the final week!

GRUDGE MATCH WEEK!!! Even though the play-off seedings are essentially set (only kanil and I can swap positions this week) a grudge match always makes for a good game!

Week Ten Main League Match-ups are:
Aslandus - TOO SPOOKY vs Kanil - Shimmering Dragons
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS
Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds vs i2amroy - Fightin Fairies

The Final match-ups of the training league hold slightly more play-off standings. With 5 teams between 11&13 points, playoff seeding could go any way.
Week Nine Training League Match-ups are:
MrRoboto75 - Mr Bone's Wild Team vs Criptfeind - Cript's Korinch Crew
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S STRÖNGHAMMERS vs Sinistar - Da Grin Party
SpottedWobbegong - Sandstorm Riders vs Kanil - Broad Street Broads
BYE - Kansa - The Sickly Soldiers
monk12 - Monk's Mjolner Makers vs Aslandus - We move for nobody

Both leagues will advance Monday. Let me know if there are any issues.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Week 10 - TT S5, W9
« Reply #2097 on: July 24, 2015, 02:24:24 pm »

TOO SPOOKY 2-3 Shimmering dragons

A good game, a little bit of back and forth but the elves pretty much had it by halftime. the elves pulled ahead in the first half with two TDs, but ended up with most of their team KO'd and one guy injured. The second half the undead managed to score with a wight dodging past a single tackle zone and with one GFI to get the goal. The elves managed to handoff, pass, and then score after picking up the ball and breaking through the undead line. Finally in a last-ditch effort one of the wights got wrestled too the ground, opening up a path for Dirtleaper, the mighty ghoul to dash through two GFIs to get a second touchdown.

Injuries: nothing permanent, the undead suffered almost no injuries at all save for one badly hurt merc zombie but the elves had 4 BH players at the end.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: July 24, 2015, 03:25:20 pm »

Also of note; the result finalizes the playoff seeds, monk and Slaya get another chance to wail on one another and die, which is good news for whoever wins the Elfbowl in the other matchup.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: July 24, 2015, 05:26:24 pm »

Also of note; the result finalizes the playoff seeds, monk and Slaya get another chance to wail on one another and die, which is good news for whoever wins the Elfbowl in the other matchup.

On that note, in our final matchup of the regular season the Norse killed Rat Ogre and historic killer Radam, while the Skaven in turn broke the collarbone of an Ulfwerner among an assortment of less severe injuries for both sides. When AV7 duels AV7, Nuffle laughs.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 149