Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256264 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Week 10 - TT S5, W9
« Reply #2100 on: July 24, 2015, 05:39:50 pm »

When AV7 duels AV7, Nuffle laughs.

Unless they're elves, in which case they just sort of push one another around and then run away. A 'fierce' slap fight, provided you don't stand too close to the tree.

Good luck, and may the team with the fewest ST4 win!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 25, 2015, 12:40:32 am »

Good luck, and may the team with the fewest ST4 win!

How about the team with the most, ST4 wins(:

Also, I don't know how that dang 3STR GR survived my norse team. Our first match I killed him and the apothecary saved him. This last match, I broke his collar bone and the apothecary saved him (unlike SVEN the slayer who went from dead to only having 3 STR). I also spent the last SIX turns fouling him breaking armor every time only to result in two of my players getting sent off the pitch and SIX stuns.

Maybe in our next match I'll be able to kill him for real.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:44:25 am by THE_SLAYA »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 25, 2015, 04:32:55 pm »

Monk's Mjolnir Makers 1-0 We move for nobody

Most of the game took place at midfield. Early on, the Norse tossed the ball into the front, where several tried and failed to pick it up (including a hobgoblin with sure hands, twice). The CDorf minotaur and a blocker got badly hurt, then the Norse runner managed to run the ball in at the last minute.

The second half the Norse were defending and the yhetee somehow intercepted the ball as it was being passed to a bull centaur. The yhetee was knocked down and the ball transferred to a hobgoblin, but it was too late to score and the Norse were clustered all around.

No permanent injuries this game, but I wouldn't say luck was on my side

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 25, 2015, 04:37:32 pm »

Well, we didn't so much "toss it up front" as we "failed a pickup and the crowd threw it right at the Chaos strong side of the LoS," but yeah, disaster was averted when both sides suffered several turnovers in a row related to picking up the ball or making a block to get a free man to pick up the ball. The Norse were very luck to escape with nothing worse than a KO'd werewolf (he came back) while inflicting a pair of CAS on the CDorf line, and they followed it up early in the second half by taking out a Bull Centaur, necessitating the risky play which lead to the lucky Yhetee getting an INT.

No level ups, but no injuries, so a good game to have before playoffs!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 25, 2015, 05:41:17 pm »

The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds 1 - 1 Fightin Fairies

That game involved some of the craziest luck I've seen in a long time. During the first half the elves successfully steal the ball from the orc cage and get it down to the endzone. The Thrower throws a beautiful pass and all Navi needs is a 2+ to catch it... when she rolls a 1... twice. Ball goes off field and bounces back near an orc, but that's no big deal. Next turn Ciela comes in and strips the ball out of the orc's hands and the Thrower goes for the 2+ pickup! And rolls a 1... twice. Now some of the orcs are nearby and they pick it up again but once more Ciela knocks it out of their hands and the Thrower goes for the 2+ pickup! And rolls a 1... twice. Now most of the orc team is there, but they don't manage to pickup the ball. If the Thrower can simply make a 2+ dodge it's just a 2+ pickup and throw for a score! When he rolls a 1 on the dodge... twice... and stuns himself.

Cut a few turns later to the start of the second half, and Ciela and Navi are all set to run deep faster and further than any orc can follow them! Cue a blitz, and the lone free orc blitzer near the starting line goes up for the ball! He fails the catch, but not to worry, for the treeman has the orc team covered! Cue triple die block, 2 attacker downs and a both down against someone with block. The team tries to help the treeman with a reroll, but he's too darn lonely to take their help. Orc Blitzer picks up the ball and begins to make his way downfield, but his team is far behind him due to setting up farther upfield. A couple of elves team up and take the ball out of his hands, the Thrower goes for the 2+ pickup! And rolls a 1... twice. Luckily for the elves the next turn the Thrower finally got his act together and managed to pick the ball up, dodge away, and throw it to Ciela who took off for the elves' only point in the game.

Now the orcs have the ball, and the elves are doing a great job at screening them. They've only managed to move their cage about half of the way from their endzone to the mid field! Only a single blitzer has gotten past them, and the elves are preparing to take him out next turn. The orc thrower squints at the sky, dusts off his lucky knuckle duster and says a quick entreaty to Gork and Mork, before performing a Hail Mary pass. The pass flies all of the way across the field, veering wildly through the air, and lands right where he originally aimed, straight into the hands of the blitzer only a few short steps from the endzone. Realizing they have to act fast Navi and Ciela both take off towards the thrower. Ciela originally flubs the first go-for-it needed to give support (with a 1, obviously) but a team reroll keeps her on her feet. Navi makes it there and knocks the thrower down, but rather than stand there so the ball is just a dodge and pickup away (the blitzer had dodge), she decides to do a single go-for-it to grab the ball. The worst that can happen is that she fails the pickup and would force several dodges from the blitzer to get to the ball right? Wrong. Cue another 1, Navi knocking herself over and bouncing the ball away. Blitzer stands up, does a little hokey-pokey away from Ciela, and scores a touchdown.

It's the very last turn of the game, and the elves have set up for one final OTTD attempt. They still have a reroll, and they have enough players to get Navi one square farther than she needs to be, meaning the score would just be a few dodges and a single go-for-it away. The ball goes off the field, meaning Navi doesn't even need to worry about catching the ball, and the Elves spring into action! First the treeman pulls the chosen lineman over with grab, setting up a catcher for a 3-die push attempt. If this succeeds then the elves are guaranteed to have a shot at the OTTD! At which point the catcher rolls 2 skulls and a both down... reroll... 2 defender downs and a defender stumbles. Dejected, Navi attempts to go for a 1-square pass to the catcher, but instead just rolls another 1 on the pass attempt to add insult to injury, ending the game.

And that's not all! Over the course of the game I hurt that dang troll twice; both times after the orc apothecary had already been used, yet he just kept shaking it off! I couldn't get rid of the dang guy, while he was proceeding to smash elves left and right! >:( Luckily no permanent injuries were sustained by the elves except for their wrestle catcher who took a niggling injury and is out of the next game (which is a shame, since he was one of the wrestle guys I was going to be depending on to help bring down the blodge + sure hands elves that Kanil likes to carry the ball with :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 25, 2015, 06:06:17 pm »

That means.... ITS PLAYOFF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Kanil - Shimmering Dragons v 4. Fightin Fairies - Otherplayers
The Shimmering dragons are in the hunt for their first championship after two regular seasons without a loss, they believe its about time they took home the hardware at the end of the season. Their elfy opponents will look to upset them in a battle of elfish proportions! Who can elf harder?

2. THE_SLAYA - SLAYA's SVENs v Monk's Mountebanks - Monk12
This match again? really? After last weeks match both teams will be looking for vengeance, albeit with a decent amount of missing players. Can the norse bludgeon the rats to death and claim their place in the finals, or will the rats run their way straight into the championships. Either way, it should be an exciting match!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Semifinals - TT S5, W9
« Reply #2106 on: July 26, 2015, 02:43:38 pm »

Mr Bone's Wild Team 0-3 Cript's Korinch Crew

A fierce game against the undead. This game was characterized by the rats kicking the ball to the back field then scampering back to pile on it before the stodgy undead could catch up. . There was also some hilarious bad luck for both teams at certain points (which is why bone got zero goals.) and a very long scrum right near his goal line for the ball that the rats eventually won.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Semifinals - TT S5, QF
« Reply #2107 on: July 26, 2015, 05:15:44 pm »

That means its TRAINING LEAGUE PLAYOFFS TIME!!!!!!!!!

1. Broad Street Broads - Kanil v 8. The Sickly Soldiers - Kansa

First seeded coach Kanil's Amazons will look to dispatch the nurgles as they did in the regular season. Fresh off a bye week, the nurgle will be looking to upset the broads with their infectious play. Which team will have what it takes to make it to the tournament semis?

2. Monk's Mjolner Makers - Monk12 v 7. Sandstorm Riders - TSW1999

With his norse team, veteran coach Monk12 begins his second training league title tournament against newcomer, TSW1999 and his Khemri. This will be the first meeting of these two teams this season and should be an exciting match. Will veteran experience prevail, or will the newcomer pull off the upset with his strong Khemri?

3. We Move for Nobody - Aslandus v 6. Mr Bone's Wild Ride - Dapper Apples

Aslandus's Chaos dwarves will be looking to assert their dominance over the undead as they did in the regular season with a 2-0 victory. The Undead, winless in their last 4 matches, will be looking to regain their early season form against the Chaos dwarves to advance in this tournament. Will the Chaos dwarves push through the undead to the next round, or can the undead move the team that moves for nobody?

4. SLAYA's Strönghammers - THE_SLAYA v 5. Cript's Korinch Crew - Criptfiend
After getting off to a rocky start this season, the dwarves will be looking to continue their dominant form (winners of 5 of their last 6 games) against the skaven. The rats will be looking to run around the dwarves and earn revenge for their regular season loss. Will speed prevail, or can strength win the day?

Play your matches ASAP, as it is the playoffs, there is no real time limit but hopefully all the games can be played by next monday. In other news, start thinking about what teams you want to be playing for next season in either of the leagues as sign-ups will be open soon.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2108 on: July 27, 2015, 02:28:07 am »

Man, blood bowl. I've had such a carrot-and-stick relation with it lately, at one point considering not playing it ever more but now I'll probably play another season in both leagues. I mean, those dice, man. Sometimes they make me just throw the game few turns in the match (and for that I apologize to all of you who had to suffer this bad manners), and sometimes it's like I'm cheating. I may sound like a sassy bitch complaining after pulling the luckiest draw ever against i2amror as mentioned, but dangit, rng. I've pulled an absolutely miraculous and first proper win with the goblins when I played against Kansa and a 2 - 0 no less, but only because he had some extraordinary bad luck. And then karma gets me and next game I first loose one lvl 2 goblin, which I successfully save... only to loose another one, and then my star gobo dies when I throw him. Argh. AND then I pull complete shenanigans next game with my orcs with that hail marry pass. The extra hilarious part was I wasn't even aiming at that blitzer to catch it. I was aiming past him, planning on him picking it up a turn later. Eh.

So now I'm seriously contemplating rolling either Underworld or hummies in TL and putting my Orc on the bench in favor of advancing gobbos to the main. Not 100% sure yet, but might just happen. 3rd time's the charm, they say, might as well try and finally decide if I either love or hate BB. Why in that case would I choose more pain with rolling Underworld is beyond me but eh.

Congratulations to people in playoffs, I wish you luck and let the MORTAL KOMBAT BEGINS best one win!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:30:35 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 28, 2015, 04:04:08 pm »

I'm officially opening up sign-ups for the next season of both leagues. Anyone is welcome to join simply write a post stating:

1. League (Main/Training)
2. Team Race & Name (name is optional)
3. Coach Name in Bloodbowl
4 Steam username (if desired/different)

example post

Training League
Humans, SLAYA's Standards
THE_SLAYA
same as above username

A quick reminder that only new teams will be eligible for the training league and teams in the main league must either be new or have only played in official Bay12 games.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2110 on: July 29, 2015, 09:56:46 am »

I'll probably hate myself for doing that, but here it goes:

1. Main league
2. Da Grin Party (Goblins)
3. Sinistar

1. Training league
2. Krystal Kommandos (Underworld)
3. Sinistar

While fun, I'm putting my beloved orcs on the bench for one season in favor of trying gobbos some more. And Underworld seem interesting enough, I've often craved ball-handling skills for my goblins and mutations sound like fun. I just have to brace myself for inevitable player losses and I'm sure I'll be just fine.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 29, 2015, 12:01:46 pm »

I assume we're not actually signing up in-game yet, but here's my planned teams:

1. Main League
2. We move for nobody (Chaos dwarf)
3. Aslandus
4. Same as above

1. Training League
2. Cuddle puddle (Nurgle)
3. Aslandus
4. Same as above

I noticed when I was searching that there's a "Bay12 champions" league started, is that one of ours?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 29, 2015, 12:51:51 pm »

I noticed when I was searching that there's a "Bay12 champions" league started, is that one of ours?

Yes. It was run once, as an event in between two seasons. It's possible we'll have another, but it's somewhat hard to find four champion teams when monk is constantly winning all the tournaments. :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 29, 2015, 05:02:03 pm »

Yes. It was run once, as an event in between two seasons. It's possible we'll have another, but it's somewhat hard to find four champion teams when monk is constantly winning all the tournaments. :P

Hey, I'm not winning it this year, and I didn't win last season, and the season before that was Ogres, and who plays them in a Tournament of Champions setting? I think it's on you to win with your Elves this year so they can have a round with my Humans, Slaya's Khemri, and Cript's Lizardmen :P

Good luck with that though, I dropped Slaya's skilled Ulfwerner down to ST4 but gave his Yhetee block and a ST4 Berserker AG4, so I don't think he's any worse off.

I'll probably hate myself for doing that, but here it goes:

1. Main league
2. Da Grin Party (Goblins)
3. Sinistar

1. Training league
2. Krystal Kommandos (Underworld)
3. Sinistar

While fun, I'm putting my beloved orcs on the bench for one season in favor of trying gobbos some more. And Underworld seem interesting enough, I've often craved ball-handling skills for my goblins and mutations sound like fun. I just have to brace myself for inevitable player losses and I'm sure I'll be just fine.

Brace hard; even I took a decent team (Skaven) in TT for a change of pace when I took Halflings to Main, and I count myself as having a fair year despite not winning a single game, missing the playoffs, and watching every halfway-decent Halfling get smeared into paste.

For myself next season, I can certainly chime in with:

1. Main League
2. Monk's Mountebanks (Skaven)
3. monk12 (or is it 125... ah hell, they're already in the league)

I'm honestly not sure if I'll run TT next season; I missed a few games due to scheduling issues latter half of the season this time, so it would probably be wise to only go one league (especially with that Vampire team on the bench in case the Skaven get obliterated next season.) Then again, I've never been accused of being particularly wise :P

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Final - TT S5, QF
« Reply #2114 on: July 29, 2015, 05:33:56 pm »

Kanil wins the elfy playoff game 2-1. Double ones on turn sixteen threw away my shot at a tie game and overtime. :'(

Here's my teams for next season

Main League:
The Fools (Goblins)

Training League:
The Mad Hatters!! (Chaos Dwarves)

User name in both Steam and BB is still "OtherPlayers". Dual-gobliny madness!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 149