Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: You are (making) physics! An unconventional suggestion game.  (Read 22307 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: You are (making) physics! An unconventional suggestion game.
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2012, 07:26:29 pm »

Should be. Isn't. >_>

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2012, 09:02:21 pm »

Ehh... what is a 'universe map'? o_O Right now I'm just drawing all the particles.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2012, 09:05:42 pm »

Ehh... what is a 'universe map'? o_O Right now I'm just drawing all the particles.

the universe is a toroid

and what I mean by it is how have the particles reacted with each other so far (formed suns, rocks, and such)
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2012, 09:15:19 pm »

A new singularity-thinger is created: Kelerkaderkiderkreddddddddd It behaves like Herg (up to collisions with other kelerks), but when a herg and one of the kelerks collide, time in that area is reversed for a random amount of time and a Whatisgoingonaaaaaaaaaaaa particle is created.

Whatisgoingonaaaaaaaaaaaa: A new type of particle, it flips some aspect of any gods it touches. It also randomly adds a lutefisk to any other particle it touches. After the same amount of time as the time reversal of its creation event, it decays into trenelgin shards.

Trenelgin shards: Trenelgin shards are sub-particles that behave almost exactly like lutefisks, even being able to make things with them, except thatif caught in a herg's explosion, they will mutate into randomly any type of singularity, particle, or element.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2012, 09:23:08 pm »

A new singularity-thinger is created: Kelerkaderkiderkreddddddddd It behaves like Herg (up to collisions with other kelerks), but when a herg and one of the kelerks collide, time in that area is reversed for a random amount of time and a Whatisgoingonaaaaaaaaaaaa particle is created.

Whatisgoingonaaaaaaaaaaaa: A new type of particle, it flips some aspect of any gods it touches. It also randomly adds a lutefisk to any other particle it touches. After the same amount of time as the time reversal of its creation event, it decays into trenelgin shards.

Trenelgin shards: Trenelgin shards are sub-particles that behave almost exactly like lutefisks, even being able to make things with them, except thatif caught in a herg's explosion, they will mutate into randomly any type of singularity, particle, or element.

The names make my head hurt! D:

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2012, 09:35:21 pm »

Okay, can't finish it today.

What I did so far : (link)
OR

Upper right corner = Fridgonic
Blue squiggle - Mycodium
Purple thing - Theosomaton
Red round things - Lutefisk
Smaller orange round thing - Sauerkraut
Red sphere - Phlogiston star
Yellow sphere - Elan star
Black stick - Can't find it, a particle that did nothing but bond other particles
Question mark thing - Quantum particle
Small round black circle - Chronobits
Quotation mark - Herg
Four Quantum particles - Thaum
Gray particle - Ether
Light gray particle with lines after it - Idea particle

Big torus - THA UNIVERSE!
Black window's torus - A planet orbiting an Elan star. (which are totally spherical)
Grey plane with wire-model sphere - A diagram of energy and mass reduced by 1 dimension each.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2012, 09:38:16 pm »

Here's a suggestion: all particles should be able to be altered by application of enough strength (either mental or physical), although some are harder to change than others, like Fridgonic particles aren't too hard and chronobits are more difficult.
Meaning that magic exists, and can be done by punching stuff hard enough.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2012, 09:38:58 pm »

Magic already exists. Thaum.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2012, 10:27:11 pm »

The names make my head hurt! D:
The short forms:
Kelerk, What, Tren.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2012, 10:53:23 pm »

Uhm.. No comments on the universe map wip? :(

Llamainaspitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2012, 10:56:59 pm »

Uhm.. No comments on the universe map wip? :(

Yeah, what'da use to make it?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 29, 2012, 12:28:44 am »

New effect: Fridgonic phases.

The hotter something is the larger it gets, and vice versa, if you make something too big, (or hot) it will explode into Thaum, make something too small, (or cold) and it blinks out of exsictence, leaving behind large amounts of chronobits.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:04 am »

nice map, I couldnt see the planet orbiting the star though.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 29, 2012, 12:05:18 pm »

And the sun's a sphere, not a torus. That doesn't make sense for the universe we are creating.

Also, I like the 'really-cold-things-disappear-in-a-puff-of-Chronobits' thing.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 29, 2012, 03:27:54 pm »

And the sun's a sphere, not a torus. That doesn't make sense for the universe we are creating.

Also, I like the 'really-cold-things-disappear-in-a-puff-of-Chronobits' thing.

If you could make that make sense to me I would totally do it. The 'stuff is torus naturally' bit.

Fridgonic phases could happen. I'm kind of behind here. :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9