Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247326 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Expression Thread
« Reply #690 on: March 20, 2012, 07:27:29 pm »

It's so they can determine whether to stone her for adultery or flog her for being alone with an unrelated man.
Exactly.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:36:33 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 20, 2012, 11:04:58 pm »

I've heard it suggested that some of these "so give me your passwords" incidents aren't trying to get inside your Facebook to look at it at all. They're trying to see if you can keep important secrets under any kind of pressure.

Only some, mind you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #693 on: March 20, 2012, 11:05:14 pm »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What the hell? How are they that stupid? Are they gonna start asking me to read the most embarrassing excerpts from my diary next? Truean, I would love to be the person to pay you to sue these dicks.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 20, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »

I've heard it suggested that some of these "so give me your passwords" incidents aren't trying to get inside your Facebook to look at it at all. They're trying to see if you can keep important secrets under any kind of pressure.

Only some, mind you.

"We were just testing you.... Psych!" <--- Not the defense I'd bank on.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 20, 2012, 11:09:24 pm »

Only some, mind you.

"We were just testing you.... Psych!" <--- Not the defense I'd bank on.
Certainly not a strong defense, no. But it would be interesting if getting a job or not were to hinge on keeping information instead of giving it, seeing how that is completely counter-intuitive.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 20, 2012, 11:35:46 pm »

Yeeaaah... there is absolutely zero chance I'd willingly give that kind of information to anyone, nevermind someone I don't know personally and well (and where lives, just in case). Is our new generation so poorly trained on basic internet security practices that this sort of thing actually flies?

I'unno, maybe I'm a throwback to an earlier time or something. I can't help be surprised how much the sheer audacity of asking someone for passwords and suchlike strikes me as just... impudent, or something. *channels old biddy* Nosy beyond public decency. It's like someone flipping up your skirt or yanking your pants down to check the package or something, y'anno'? S'just not something a civilized person does. And these people doing it as a matter of course? As part of their hiring practices!? That is shameful. These employers should be ashamed of themselves!

... now let's everyone internalize that last bit of huff and then disseminate it into public consciousness. Stir up some nice indignation. That kind of action is an insult to our honor, decency, and moral fiber! It should not stand!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 21, 2012, 12:11:25 am »

Anyone asks me, I'll just say I don't have one. They can make of that what they will.

Hopefully they wouldn't hire me, and I wouldn't have to spend the next god knows how long barely resisting the urge to punch them in the face every time I see them.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 21, 2012, 12:13:21 am »

They're welcome to look at mine. It hasn't been used in over a year, has no friends or posts or anything. I just don't care very much about social networking :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 21, 2012, 12:20:54 am »

And that is a privilege you are willing to give them, but that hardly makes it a right that can be demanded of somebody.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 21, 2012, 12:22:57 am »

Well, of course not. I recognize that my personal views aren't (and shouldn't be!) the law of the land.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 21, 2012, 12:25:16 am »

It's not about what information they can gain by access, it's the principle of your willing surrender of your own privacy.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 21, 2012, 12:27:28 am »

That might be a problem for people who have more than their name on a blank Facebook page. As I said though, it's not a problem for me. I still wouldn't be willing to give employers my password, and I wouldn't want them to see my private information (which is kinda the whole reason for having both publicly and privately visible versions).

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 21, 2012, 01:24:02 am »

Silly idiots, you should have 2 facebooks, 1 with your real name, school "friends", family, links to church membership. And another with a pseudonym and your links to your crazy drug-addled friends :/

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #704 on: March 21, 2012, 08:18:37 am »

Plus using someone else's facebook password can also be considered criminal hacking.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 759