Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247375 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #10215 on: June 11, 2015, 09:07:00 pm »

Regardless, trying to determine "right" in a morally ill-defined area might as well be asking to draw a 100% accurate map of the political borders of the world in the year 1200.
Pretty much. And even in well-defined areas such as murder, it is still defined very differently in the United States and United Kingdom, for example. Killing a burglar armed with a knife in the U.S. would almost certainly be considered justifiable homicide, so long as the burglar was not surrendering or fleeing. In the UK, it would probably be considered murder regardless, since they don't recognize the same rights to self-defense and defense of property that the US does.

If defining something as important as murder is impossible between two developed, Western nations, than defining right from wrong on a global scale just isn't going to happen.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:10:21 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10216 on: June 12, 2015, 09:32:11 am »

MY SIDES HAVE TRAVELED BEYOND THE SPEED OF LIGHT, AND SEEN SUCH THINGS THAT YOU AND I WOULD BE INCAPABLE OF DREAMING ABOUT

Some background as to why my sides have left for orbit and I'm dying due to, as a wise man once said, intense tummy rupture. The NAACP is the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People. Pretty self explanatory what they do. The President of the NAACP, Rachel Dolezal, has documented that she's been the target of some hate crimes in the past. Things like Swastikas stuck to the side of her building or hate mail being sent.
But then the police started getting suspicious, because they could find no evidence or suspects in regards as to who was threatening her. Most suspicious of all was that the hate mail sent had not been processed.
Postal workers told detectives the envelope had not been canceled, time stamped or imprinted with the bar code that directs mail to the right destination. According to the police report, the postal inspector told detectives, "The only way this letter could have ended up in this P.O. box would be if it was placed there by someone with a key to that box or a USPS employee."
Now, that's not hilarious. That's not even funny. Where it gets funny is that after this story came to light, her parents made an amazing allegation.

They've said this whole time she's been a white woman pretending to be black.
Here's an interview with her claiming who her father is. Someone is cheating someone here!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:36:43 am by Loud Whispers »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: June 12, 2015, 09:36:56 am »

Just going to note that she's only the NAACP's Spokane Chapter President. Also, that's some serious incompetence there: if you want to fake letters, why don't you just post them anyway?

But this is hilarious. :p Although it does make you think about what it means to be black or white, and whether those distinctions even make sense.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:39:17 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10218 on: June 12, 2015, 09:44:37 am »

Lel, I'm assuming she must've forgotten. I do agree, this would make for an interesting discussion if my ribcage wasn't collapsing.

How did she fool anyone at all lolololololololol

IT HAS REACHED INTERNATIONAL NEWS HEADLINES NOW

Dolezal's parents told local media the family's ancestry is Czech, Swedish and German, with some Native American heritage as well. Her parents say her African-American "son" is actually her brother, who was adopted by the family
WAT
Spokane NAACP’s Facebook page has an image of Dolezal with an older black man, whom it describes as her father. The CDA Press, however, names the man as Albert Wilkerson, a volunteer at the Human Rights Education Institute in north Idaho, where Dolezal previously worked.
WAT

Oh gods, it just gets better/worse, she is the crystallized embodiment of privilege checking - she checked it so hard she literally became the first recorded case of someone seriously trying to be transblack outside of tumblr

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:11:57 am by Loud Whispers »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10219 on: June 12, 2015, 10:15:38 am »

my sides

in orbit

took me with them

please send help

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10220 on: June 12, 2015, 10:15:54 am »

It's all ogre, real life is indistinguishable from trolling

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: June 12, 2015, 10:17:45 am »

I was thinking, y'know, it would be nice if the legal system wasn't so easily abused by money.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: June 12, 2015, 10:18:22 am »

I am experiencing a feeling that I can only describe as "existential amusement".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10223 on: June 12, 2015, 10:24:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WHAT IS MAN BUT A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS?

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: June 12, 2015, 10:26:49 am »

I'm experiencing poignant sadness and despair, as opposed to mirth and laughter.

The worst part is that this affair will provide cartloads of ammo for racists and wingnuts everywhere.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10225 on: June 12, 2015, 10:32:45 am »

I'm experiencing poignant sadness and despair, as opposed to mirth and laughter.
The worst part is that this affair will provide cartloads of ammo for racists and wingnuts everywhere.
Hahahaha, just enjoy the sheer utter madness of it all, and don't worry about racists and their ilk I don't think they even know how to respond to a white woman blackfacing to climb the NAACP ranks, it's utterly unprecedented, I'm feeling more for the African Americans on twitter calling her out for betraying them in less polite terms oh god it's just too bizarre, the dank memes were too strong and now they're becoming real

Spoiler: INFINITE KEKS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:37:25 am by Loud Whispers »

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10226 on: June 12, 2015, 10:42:57 am »

My sides have ascended into the stratosphere.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: June 12, 2015, 10:52:24 am »

all i have left is a dream of sides, and that too is sailing away in the void of space

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10228 on: June 12, 2015, 10:55:37 am »

The sides rise
#transracial and #wrongskin now trending worldwide

its all ogre

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:58:26 am by Loud Whispers »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10229 on: June 12, 2015, 10:57:12 am »

This was basically inevitable when ideas like race being metaphysical and inner identity being as valuable as reality started getting popular among radical leftists.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 759