Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782993 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1545 on: February 09, 2014, 09:18:44 am »

Adventurer list updated based on Eric Blank's most recent upload.

(The unpacked folder is now 1.37 Gb in size and reflects 109 years of dwarfyness!)
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 09, 2014, 11:02:59 am »

With that amount of Dwarfyness it's amazing it doesn't explode 0_o
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 09, 2014, 01:47:42 pm »

With the increasing number of unplayable areas, who says it isn't exploding? (Incrementally.)  I'd think that playtesting this to destruction would be a great way to find bugs that wouldn't otherwise show their faces in shorter games.  Our diligence here may actually give the Toad needful information about instabilities that will help DF2014+ be a better game.

What do you guys think?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 09, 2014, 02:10:39 pm »

Well, as long as it is playable I believe it will be played. Also, perhaps explode isn't the right word. Instead of getting larger in an explosive manner, it's getting smaller in a gradual manner. Perhaps imploding would suit better?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 09, 2014, 02:16:03 pm »

I thought you were talking about the size of the entire set of files.  As things get larger, the program will be stretched more and more to having to access different areas, maintain it's grip on where all the adventurer dropped things are and even gradually increase the number of historic individuals to keep on file as dwarves and (apparently husk zombie goblins) continue to increase...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 10, 2014, 02:14:40 pm »

Bralbaard, I know you are a very talented artist - could you, if the strange mood takes you, draw a picture of Dishmab beheading the grey fiend, while on fire?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 10, 2014, 04:07:36 pm »

Bralbaard, I know you are a very talented artist - could you, if the strange mood takes you, draw a picture of Dishmab beheading the grey fiend, while on fire?

I could, but what does a grey fiend look like? Also, what does dishmab look like? Could you upload the descriptions?

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 10, 2014, 11:19:55 pm »

Well, I posted a link of Dishmab's final appearance and stats at the end of my last turn.

As regards the Grey Fiends, they are proving harder to track down.

I reclaimed my fort and searched hell with a dfusion-controlled military dwarf. Found the White Haunts, Golden Beryl Fiends and various other demons but no sign of a Grey Fiend to get a description.

All I know is it had a flesh-based body, bled grey goo and shot fireballs and breathed fire. And is grey, presumably. It might have been a scorpion with tentacles.

Basically, feel free to use artistic licence :D

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 11, 2014, 01:48:41 am »

Prepare to dorf!

Didn't take many screenshots. Sorry about that. :\
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 11, 2014, 09:45:23 am »

Our first werebeast adventurer, if i'm not mistaken... Interesting..

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 11, 2014, 10:31:58 am »

Alright, so the fortress I've made has gone straight to hell; I forgot about the bug wherein everything underneath an ocean biome gets flooded by seawater. I built my fortress not just on any coast, but a permanently freezing coast, and almost the entire fortress is under the beach in some way. So the entire thing gets flooded, and all the surface access frozen solid save for one, which wont take you far anyway before you have to swim without air, upon abandoning. This place will murder the effing everything out of your FPS if you go there. Will you accept this as a submission regardless, or would you rather continue from the save after the adventurer?

I suppose anyone with the CPU power to tackle it will be able to retrieve a small sum of crap from it, but it wont be easy or pleasant.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 11, 2014, 10:45:14 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if someone took up the challenge of pillaging the fortress despite the problems you mentioned, so just upload it. I'll put a suitable warning in the fortress description on the front page.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 11, 2014, 11:53:03 am »

Don't mind taking your time, by the way. I have to finish a turn in Necrothreat II, so I'm stretched for time. I will do it soon if I have to, but no need to rush yourself!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 11, 2014, 12:56:44 pm »

Alright, I'll see if there are any quick edits I can make to it before I abandon to make it more user-friendly and then upload it.
I make Spellcrafts!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 11, 2014, 01:47:51 pm »

All I know is it had a flesh-based body, bled grey goo and shot fireballs and breathed fire. And is grey, presumably. It might have been a scorpion with tentacles.

Found one.. It's quite an exotic critter:

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 162