Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Master...?  (Read 11092 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Master...?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 01:40:39 pm »

Would this work? I have the demon on the left with a raising bridge that will hide him from view and then have an impassible chasm between him and the cats bait. He shoots the webs at them and then i raise the bridge to collect the silk once there is enough. I would of course have a passage to the far left that would let him in, bit it would close off with a bridge.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:48:56 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 02:03:21 pm »

Demons are building destroyers - won't it smash the bridge?

Also, they can fly, so if you don't use fortifications it will fly across, kill the cats, then annihilate your fortress.

But I believe they don't need a path to the target, so try to trap it in a small room with fortifications on one side, and cats on the other with the ability to block them off using either bridge or floodgates, out of the demon's reach.

That will be easier said than done due to aforementioned flying. How are you planning to capture it?
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 02:22:19 pm »

Some of them fly, but not all of them, and building destroyers cannot destroy bridges.

I would be more worried about changes to the projectile behavior after the siege is broken.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 02:29:46 pm »

This one doesn't fly, he is earth bound. A raised bridge acts like a wall, but a lowered one? Not sure. Why are you worried about projectile behavior?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 02:36:59 pm »

'Tis a demon. You never broke into hell, didn't you ?

Also, try and catch it so you can make an ass demon silk farm, and make ass silk cloaks, ass silk robes, ass silk socks... and laugh at your dwarves's expense.

So funny

urist"hey Urist McGuy, like my new Ass Silk socks (etc)?"
Urist McGuy"hey urist, your an ass you know that?"

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 02:46:44 pm »

"I'm Dwarfy McMays and do i have a deal for you! Come to Torchedspires, we have food, water beer, a lack of beds, and no military! But wait! If you migrate right now, we'll make you nickers out of demon silk! It's so soft! It's like wearing the Underworld! All the comforts of Hell, right in your closet! Migrate now!"

Sig'd

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 02:56:02 pm »

This one doesn't fly, he is earth bound. A raised bridge acts like a wall, but a lowered one? Not sure. Why are you worried about projectile behavior?

I'm worried that he might not shoot web after the siege is broken.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 03:03:55 pm »

Thats a possibility, but it would be rather strange for him to do that, unless he stopped attacking all together, in which case i'll find some other dwarfy thing to do with it.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 06:00:08 pm »

UPDATE! Demon is caught! All alone actually. I had an elaborate system of separating him from his gobo minions, nope. Had to wall in my front hall after he blew past my bridge. My lever puller had a recent broken leg and was ungodly slow, but it turned out because when he raised the bridge, it caught the demon between the new wall and the bridge while it destroyed my doors.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 06:12:04 pm »

Nicely done!  Is the siege broken?  Is he still shooting web?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 08:45:01 pm »

Haven't broken the siege yet, i'm trying to get him set up first. He's currently trapped in my main hallway, which keeps the gobos out and my marksmen in :/

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 08:46:50 pm »

I've heard that artifact doors are indestructible, can anyone confirm this for me? And by indestructible, i mean at least keep a web shooting demon overlord at bay.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 09:05:08 pm »

They'll rip them off the hinges, but you won't get a XXDoorXX afterwards.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 09:16:26 pm »

Thats not what happened. Closed and locked and he doesnt even seem interested in it.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 09:20:19 pm »

I've used artifact quality hatch covers and grates to act as bait for demon-rushes.  Even given long periods of time, the demons never broke or deconstructed the furniture.  I've also used floodgates, but only against trolls.

On the other hand, artifact statues got deconstructed (not destroyed) rather quickly.

Never actually tested doors, but I would be surprised if it didn't serve as a perfect containment for your demon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4