Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Game Over. The Emperor Remains Immortal  (Read 48154 times)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're sure, then thank you very much. I'll try my best.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Role calling.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still here.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

[Bit of a rerun, but important nonetheless]:

Great to see new blood joining in! However, newbies, if you haven't been through at least a couple of Beginner's Mafia games, please make sure you know and have fully understood the following:

a) The Basics, here, and here.

b) The Scumhunting Guide, FAQ, and related resources, in this post. Please expand the spoiler tags at the bottom, and make sure you read and understand them.

c) While not titled so, GG's games are generally Quickish games. The intention of such games is to keep activity at a maximum. You cannot just post once or twice, then forget about the game for a couple of days. These games are intended as fast and furious games. If you in, post once, then disappear, you're not just not helping, you're ruining the game for everyone else.

d) This is a semi-Bastard game, which generally means there is a deviation on how the Moderator acts towards players, or win conditions are nonstandard or variable, or something else entirely different and unexpected. A "Bastard" is not a fair game; your goal is to succeed even against the Moderator's unfairness. Reading older Cybrid games is recommended.

That said, as long as you are engaged, active, skeptical, and play smart, I'm sure you'll do great, and the board will be happy to have you. If you're not sure, however, it's better to bow out before the game starts than afterwards.

Speaking of which, Moderator: This is a semi-bastard game, so I'll ask before the game starts: can we assume you will tell the truth with role PMs or game flavour? Will any players not in the list of initial nine (spectators and such) be actually playing or be able to influence the outcome? Is the Overseer going to make an appearance? [1]
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will always tell you the truth, yes. That is not to say I won't leave things unsaid.

This isn't one of my full bastards - cybrid mafias have more strict rules in general than they do. And the setting doesn't really support that sort of stuff. So no - the only people playing and influencing the games will be those in the player list. No Host=Scum, Audience=Enemy, or Posting-Non-Player=SecretPlayer sort of stuff going on here.

Just as a note - CybridMafia's are semibastards simple because, in-game, there's a chance of flavour-related effects, non-standard wincons and abilities, and fairly complex faction interaction. But, like the Paranormal games, they are not really true bastards - they have their own rules governing how they can work, and their own standards, and while this one is more bastardy than the last in a few ways, that's mostly due to the introduction of a single new role, played by Bookthras. And, like the Paranormal games, they have a predominantly open setup. For every role in the potential role pool but the Emperor and one other, it's either in the roles list from the last game, or a combination of those roles - that one exception, however, which I'm introducing with the intent of it being available in future Cybrid games, and is a combination of a standard mafia role and a role from last game. It might not even end up mattering much, but it is something you should probably keep an eye out for. Remember the central theme of Cybrid Mafias:
Trust No-One

I will not say which roles will or won't be in play, including the overseer. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I love Bookthras when he does that.  :D

So, as McNoble won't be attending, then Bookthras is-...?

Oh, and still here.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

...Do you really think that after ripping my metaphorical throat out to get into this game I'll out now?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still here. (heh)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile

As much as any of us are here, I still remain, whether or not all is merely an illusion created by our own minds remains to be seen.
Yeah, I'm still in.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

Bulldog, Phantom, Servant, Phibes, and Simple: As your future Emperor, I command you to confirm whether you have read the post, and understand all its links and contents. Be aware there will be a test later.

Failing that test means your death.

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile

I have read the post and I understand it's contents.  I have played one BM and a hammer mafia (although that really doesn't count) I feel that I understand how to play as scum well, but I have little town experience.  If you feel that I should join another BM rather than this game to get some more town experience I will, but I feel I understand the game well enough to play in this game, although I will yield to the judgement of any more experienced players. 
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So we've only got one unconfirmed at this point. Let's hope either they show up, or if I re-open the game we instantly get another player.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Also, confirmed re-read of the Bastard Rules.

For the Emperor!

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn. Some rl problems have come up and I don't think I'll have enough time now to devote to a complex game like this, so I'm out.
Sorry. I was looking forward to playing. :-\

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

o________o

Better to find out now than after we start.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18