Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 175990 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »

((I accept putting a bullet through JOHN STRONG's forehead if no one wants to take the character.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2012, 10:39:40 pm »

I understand, freeformschooler.  JOHN STRONG is going to retire and have a nice peaceful life, living in constant terror of destroying anything he touches.  If you don't mind I'll take over control of the character to write him out, unless you want to.
Tiruin is next up, I'll send him a PM if he doesn't report in by tomorrow.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 02:38:40 am »

((No PM, but the newbox is reliable.))

Reporting in.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 04:31:58 am »

"Since I was blind anyway, I went invisible..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2012, 05:05:37 am »

Desmond took another shot of coffee, then continued.

"Well, I was charged up...so, I dealt back some pain. one of them-Kneed one in the stomach left him gasping, elbow to the side of the head of another, transferred into a leg sweep of the third. I was using minimal force, only trying to knock them down."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2012, 10:20:03 am »

Tiruin has been moved to the active list and freeformschooler to the graveyard, despite not having died.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Four! In which a hero falls.
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2012, 04:45:49 pm »

Oops, didn't realize everybody's submitted their actions.  I guess that means it's turn four.

John Strong had been growing visibly agitated during the debriefing.  Finally, he stood up and started shouting at everybody nearby.
"I can't take ANY MORE of this!"
"Agent Strong-"
"NO!  I can't DO this!  EVERYONE thinks I'm DEAD, my life MAY AS WELL BE OVER!"
"Agent Strong!  Please restrain yourself, you could hurt someb-"
"I KNOW THAT!"  With no visible motion he seemed to become more solid somehow.  The ground beneath him began to crack.  With a single blow he reduced Brown's desk to splinters.
"Security!"
Two men in powered armour burst into the room and grabbed John's arms, subduing him only with great difficulty.
"NO!  LET ME GO!  No..."
Waylon Brown looked slightly annoyed as he pressed a button that had been on the desk but was now on the floor across the room.  "Please inform the Boston division that the Aventin division has lost the services of one of our new field agents."  A voice crackles "Affirmative.  Will assign to you a new operative.".

With that unfortunate incident over, Waylon Brown sat down where his desk had been and cleared his throat.  "I'll need to make sure my next desk is sturdier..." he mutters.  "Now, let's finish this debriefing quickly.
"Agent Fortmüller, it's a good thing it was somebody of your talents who took on the arsonist.  [5] You were able to cool down the fires quickly enough that there was no major damage.  Agent Wash noted in his report that after this incident there were no further encounters that night, and the arsonist is now in police custody.
"Agent Jackson, your actions, though you allowed the second man to get away, were on the whole positive.  Agent Wash was able to chase down and subdue the other mugger and they are both now in police custody.  The victim had no major injuries and after one of our people explained the situation to him is grateful to you.
"Agent Maxwell, [6] after you turned invisible you were able to dodge the men's random swings until your vision cleared, at which point you had gathered enough energy to knock all of them out with an electrical charge.  They are in the hospital being treated for some minor burns now.
"Agent Green, [1] remember that Agent Wash already submitted his report.  You don't need to lie, we don't think any less of you for having knocked yourself out, it happens to plenty of people still getting used to their strength.  Wash intervened at that point, and the men are now in the hospital being treated for some small lacerations.
"That about wraps up our assessment of your first patrols.  We'll let you know when our new agent reports in, at which time the FDSPA has your first real mission prepared."

Agents Green, Jackson, Fortmüller and Maxwell have all made it through their first patrols!  Equipment and health is restored.
Agent Strong has gone crazy (-er) and will be treated in a special FDSPA facility.  Once he's been rehabilitated he'll be given some sort of government desk job.

The local news is buzzing with the appearances of no less than five new superheroes over the past week.
Desmond Green gains -[3] reputation for having knocked himself out.  Don't worry though, you're still considered "neutral" until you hit -10, at which point you'll be "incompetent".  You didn't attract much attention.
Thomas Jackson gains [6] reputation for capturing a mugger and a loudly grateful victim.  The local media have dubbed you "Sonic Boom", apparently believing you can run at the speed of sound.  Or perhaps it refers to how noisy you are.  Sonic Boom is adopted as your official codename.
Nicholas Fortmüller gains [4] reputation for capturing an arsonist and putting out a fire.  The local media have taken to calling you "The Fire Fighter", which has also become your official codename.
Jennifer Maxwell gains -[2] reputation, having blinded herself and lightly injured three men.  Despite some pedestrians laughing at her she hasn't attracted much attention.
Ires Reon, even more rookie than the others field agent extraordinaire, has come in from Boston to fill John Strong's position.  She needs to choose one piece of equipment and extra training like the others.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Waitlist is empty, reserve your spot today!)
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2012, 04:52:47 pm »

Equipment: Composite Bow with modifiable ammunition!
Training: Marksmanship! How-to-fire-a-bow, complete with trajectory and windspeed variants!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2012, 04:59:04 pm »

((What should we do now? Wait for a new turn or post an action, like training?))
((Edit: Yep, I am a ninja. I'll just leave this here, in case you want it.))

Nicholas used his genius-level intellect to keep studying robotics. Someday he would build the mecha he wanted. Until then, he was satisfied with the progress he was making.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:17:18 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2012, 05:00:04 pm »

Jennifer trains with grenades so as not to repeat last patrol's incident.

(Assuming we're supposed to put down actions; if we're not and we're going to be given a new situation once Tiruin is set up, you can ignore this post.

Ninja'd by Caellath :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2012, 05:07:02 pm »

@Rem: Yeah, same here. :P

Read this post totally as RP if not applicable.

Action: Desmond spent some time afterwards taking his anger out in the ring-a few sparring rounds with a armored soldier was good for refreshing his power.

While he was officially a screw up to the rest of the world, he *had* received a letter of thanks from the old woman, which he had framed in his new office. Let em' chew on that.

Later, he walked in on Jennifer, who was busy practicing grenade tosses on the range. He nodded, watching a particularly good throw.

"You've got a nice arm. Did I ever coach softball for you?" he said, trying to lighten the mood.

"...Anyway, welcome to the screw-up brigade with me, huh? Though, I got it worse than you. They got me on that you tubes

45,000 hits and counting..."
he finished, grinning wryly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2012, 05:15:14 pm »

((What should we do now? Wait for a new turn or post an action, like training?))
Whoops.  Yeah, do this.  Also I'll assume you prepared ahead of time so the first time-manipulation action you take will be recoil, letting you do whatever you need.  Same for the others, I'll assume everybody's charged up on energy.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2012, 05:19:30 pm »

((Ok, edited mine. My character is not giving up on robotics so soon. Question: Does Nicholas' (and consequently my) dream have any chance of being fulfilled, even if in a far future?))
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:23:28 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2012, 05:25:39 pm »

Depends on what you mean by mecha.  If you want a real robot (bwahahaha you'll never escape alive), I'll consider it a scaled-up suit of powered armour.  Otherwise I'm not so sure about it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2012, 05:33:53 pm »

(( Are you familiar with the Armored Core games series? If I remember correctly, the mechas on the latest installment have shrunk to the size of a small/medium house. And yes, they are basically enormous pieces of power armor, they are not Evangelion-sized.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86