Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: You are Intergalactic Space Battlecruiser!  (Read 18658 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: You are Intergalactic Space Battlecruiser!
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2012, 12:02:53 am »

We got sidetracked into a discussion on how we'll set about destroying the (presumed) habitat of BE-1, ignoring the fact that the barbarian hordes are at the gate. So in other words, a perfectly normal direction of conversation for a bunch of current and former DF players.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2012, 02:27:54 am »

But using fire WILL kill the barbarian hordes.  Maybe not a lot of them, but the scare factor of a large fire will help.  Just a few robots that we are willing to sacrifice could perhaps zoom through the forest, acetylene torches on full blast.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2012, 10:03:47 am »

But using fire WILL kill the barbarian hordes.  Maybe not a lot of them, but the scare factor of a large fire will help.  Just a few robots that we are willing to sacrifice could perhaps zoom through the forest, acetylene torches on full blast.
Yeah I don't think Be-1 can survive big fires, and if we light mutliple small fires they can start to grow until they are big enough to sheild our ship from the BE-1 and kill some of them. All we need to do is have 10 or so robots go out ad start fires, torches ablaze. We would lose at least 10 robots in the fighing anyway so don't consider it a useless sacrifice.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2012, 10:39:15 am »

1. We will lose few, if any robots if we fight them properly.
2. We've been informed that the ship is entirely surrounded. Our robots cannot fly; how do you propose we get them past the teeming barbarian hordes.
3. For all my love of needless xenocide, we don't know yet if they are hostile. Let's secure ourselves and let them make the first aggressive action, if any. Then we can murder them all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2012, 10:51:25 am »

Okay, fine, we'll go with the cautious approach.  However, if these things ARE hostile, and we see an opening in their encirclement, it's scorched earth time. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2012, 04:20:49 pm »

I don't think Be-1 can survive big fires

They appear to be reptiles. Cold may be effective also. Might be worth equipping a robot with a fire extinguisher or compressed air cleaner.

it's scorched earth time.

It's possible we might need to do that. I was all in favor of ignoring them, but given the speed at which they've put up this organized of a response, if they're actually here to attack us then once our immediate problems are dealt with, it may be time for a Base Delta Zero operation.

we don't know yet if they are hostile.

True. Yes, they're armed and wearing war paint, but it could be that all the warriors are simply responding to the summons of the war god, ready to do battle at our command.

I think the majority consensus is to retreat robots and take a defensive posture. Envoy stays outside to talk. This is appropriate whether or not BE-1 intends to attack us. Fighter goes airbourne, but only engages if they attempt to gain entry to the ship.

As to burning the forest, looks to me like about 50/50 either way. My vote is Don't burn the forest...yet. Not only do we not know if they intend to attack, I'm still not convinced it solves the immediate problem. They've already emerged from the jungle. Sending out robots to try to get past them to set fire to the jungle behind them is unlikely to stop them.

April 05, 2012, 02:51:37 pm
/OOC: The 'real' update will be coming in a few hours

That was three days ago. Have we lost our GM?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2012, 05:13:28 pm »

1. We will lose few, if any robots if we fight them properly.
2. We've been informed that the ship is entirely surrounded. Our robots cannot fly; how do you propose we get them past the teeming barbarian hordes.
3. For all my love of needless xenocide, we don't know yet if they are hostile. Let's secure ourselves and let them make the first aggressive action, if any. Then we can murder them all.
Three is the most convincing, we should let them attack first.

As to burning the forest, looks to me like about 50/50 either way. My vote is Don't burn the forest...yet. Not only do we not know if they intend to attack, I'm still not convinced it solves the immediate problem. They've already emerged from the jungle. Sending out robots to try to get past them to set fire to the jungle behind them is unlikely to stop them.

April 05, 2012, 02:51:37 pm
/OOC: The 'real' update will be coming in a few hours

That was three days ago. Have we lost our GM?

I thought they were still hanging about the jungle aroud us, my bad. Yeah if they are out of the jungle lets fight the battle and then burn it down. GM come back!
you can't just go up to people and get laid.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]