Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Age of Man  (Read 79396 times)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Man
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2012, 03:47:53 pm »

Share some food we have and see if they would be ok with teaching you to spear fish.
What's a fish?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minority

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2012, 04:00:28 pm »

Make a note of the leather carriers on their back so we can copy later. See if their are any techs which we have and they dont to trade for fishing. We are planning on being friendly to this tibe, right?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2012, 05:32:04 pm »

Be nice and thank them for their assistance. Ask them what they're doing to the water, and what they call the shiny things coming from it. Did we bring the speared gazelle? Perhaps we could have a large dinner to celebrate the return of our tribesmen by this tribe of well-natured men and women?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2012, 08:55:22 am »

Be nice and thank them for their assistance. Ask them what they're doing to the water, and what they call the shiny things coming from it. Did we bring the speared gazelle? Perhaps we could have a large dinner to celebrate the return of our tribesmen by this tribe of well-natured men and women?

I love this idea, because it was the one I wanted to happen in the first place.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2012, 10:51:46 am »

+1 2 this.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2012, 09:19:18 pm »

+1 2 this.
wooop, age of man!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2012, 11:40:52 am »

+1 2 this.
wooop, age of man!
Still alive.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2012, 11:49:06 am »

LIVE! By the power of Armok!
LIVE!!!!!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2012, 02:26:38 pm »

Invite the tribe to sleep in our camp. (have someone stand guard.)

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2012, 02:32:29 pm »

Trade their Fishspears for some of our Stone-tipped spear.
Or at least the tech.

(It lives! I did it! i'm a Necromancer!! I brought the dead back to the living!!)

Minority

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2012, 06:02:38 pm »

(It lives! I did it! i'm a Necromancer!! I brought the dead back to the living!!)
I think almost half of this thread is bumps now :-P
+1 to getting the fishing spears. And ask them if they know the other tribe that attacked us before, maybe we can team up and get them! >: )

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2012, 07:35:31 pm »

Continue improving diplomatic relations with visits and parties. Eventually, we will probably merge the tribes, but for now they're new and both probably see the other as something scary and curious, definitely not as a self. Still, the feast should have helped enormously.

What we should work on right now as a tribe is the prerequisites for a city, which is to say, agriculture. It's risky bidness though; if the crops fail, we have to have enough food to keep going a whole year without growing any food. With that thought, our next objective is mass hunting and/or domestication.

Have a few tribesmen work on making a few tactics for catching a whole herd or most of a herd of gazelle. Only the tactics though, as we don't want to over-hunt and extinct them, at least not yet. If we have the man power, I also would like to suggest we gather a group of people to work on finding out how to live with animals close by. Look for fat, slow animals that would benefit from the protection we give them, or smart animals we can use to help hunt and keep vermin away from the stockpiles.

We should also find saltwater. I think we're next to a lake, but it could be an ocean, I'm not sure. We need some sort of pottery to extract the salt from the water, but once we do we can store meat for much longer periods of time. Jerky!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2012, 01:33:51 am »

Notice the wolfs (half-dogs) that sneak close to eat your Meat -garbage and carcasses.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2012, 08:00:17 am »

Continue improving diplomatic relations with visits and parties. Eventually, we will probably merge the tribes, but for now they're new and both probably see the other as something scary and curious, definitely not as a self. Still, the feast should have helped enormously.

What we should work on right now as a tribe is the prerequisites for a city, which is to say, agriculture. It's risky bidness though; if the crops fail, we have to have enough food to keep going a whole year without growing any food. With that thought, our next objective is mass hunting and/or domestication.

Have a few tribesmen work on making a few tactics for catching a whole herd or most of a herd of gazelle. Only the tactics though, as we don't want to over-hunt and extinct them, at least not yet. If we have the man power, I also would like to suggest we gather a group of people to work on finding out how to live with animals close by. Look for fat, slow animals that would benefit from the protection we give them, or smart animals we can use to help hunt and keep vermin away from the stockpiles.

We should also find saltwater. I think we're next to a lake, but it could be an ocean, I'm not sure. We need some sort of pottery to extract the salt from the water, but once we do we can store meat for much longer periods of time. Jerky!

We still have our two kittens we have yet to utilize. Lets do some training with them.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2012, 09:35:42 am »

We still have our two kittens we have yet to utilize. Lets do some training with them.
Yes, begin training the Lions in the art of the hunt. Or rather, get them to listen to commands and not just wander off and do whatever the F**k they want.

Also if I remember correctly we made tents before, but they weren't portable so we had to leave them behind. If we are going to have a city we are going to need some sort of permanent dwellings, so lets set up some tents in a generally flat area close to our current location. (If I understand correctly, we are in a forest, so a forest clearing would work fine. Just use the hides and bones of the animals we kill to survive to make the tents.)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23