Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3860540 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14610 on: June 13, 2013, 10:46:04 pm »

((I was in on it, as I posted:
((And RC: I'm in if Lukas is in.))
Just didn't get to post in time to change my action.))

Take it well outside and examine why exactly the container is bulging out, that is, if there's more fluid then there should be..
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:44:07 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14611 on: June 13, 2013, 11:37:39 pm »

Quote from: From Bishop
Alright. I'm going to be busy fixing this shuttle, so you'll have to get the fuel yourself. Take two others with you to speed things up and make things easier for you. Make sure to make a list and tell me what you find.

After sending his message, he shrugs and gets to work.

Gather the required materials and tools and start fixing the obvious and important things. Take my time doing it too, so I don't mess anything up.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14612 on: June 14, 2013, 12:24:41 am »

((@Thearpox: You do realise that you have an MPV as in manual, right? It doesn't take fuel. It has a rechargeable battery that you recharge by either plugging it in a generator or by pedaling it. Unless you've got some replacement batteries or you want fuel for those drones Anton attached to it, you can't have someone bring more fuel.

And there is a math based language that was developed for first contact along with a process for teaching it to alien races. Of course, unless you believe the conspiracy theorists, it has never been tested.
EDIT: Found it:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincos_%28artificial_language%29))

@Simus:"Watch out if you open that thing. Wouldn't want us to get crystal all over the base."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:59:15 am by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14613 on: June 14, 2013, 12:43:21 am »

Duly noted, Flint. Für die liebe von meinem verstand, I hope we're not dealing with another self-replicating substance.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14614 on: June 14, 2013, 02:34:30 am »

((okay  :D But didn't Radiocontrolled post an action to help me digging?))

Dig in at a good spot, also anticipating the crystal's movement and don't necessarily wait for Miyamoto's help.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14615 on: June 14, 2013, 03:43:18 am »

"Well that is interesting.... either the oxygen that was held in the solution has been released rapidly or that substance has a rather frightening growth rate... I might ready my rifle incase of absolute emergency... power 10 diffusion 4 how about?"
set laser rifle for 10:4 and be ready for emergency plan: shoot things and run away
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:59:35 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14616 on: June 14, 2013, 03:50:48 am »

"Well that is interesting.... either the oxygen that was held in the solution has been released rapidly or that substance has a rather frightening growth rate... I might ready my rifle incase of absolute emergency... power 10 diffusion 4 how about?"
"Save your battery. Shooting it with a laser probably won't do a thing, I've already tried it with its... mother, I guess? That thing absorbs energy. Best thing we can do if it's multiplying is stick it in the freezer or the isolation room if it has climate control. I think only Lukas has the kind of firepower that can hurt that thing and using that inside the base would be... bad."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:03:53 am by Parisbre56 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14617 on: June 14, 2013, 03:59:17 am »

"Aye I guess"
just observe run if nessecary
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14618 on: June 14, 2013, 07:11:58 am »

"I agree on scattering our supplies, but on the other hand I'm not sure it is such a great idea having our food just laying around here."

Count how much food we took with us
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14619 on: June 14, 2013, 09:18:47 am »

Take it well outside and examine why exactly the container is bulging out, that is, if there's more fluid then there should be..

((So uhh, are you going to help us or not? You said yes, but your action says otherwise. Cause we'll probably won't want to half-ass this, might only get one try.))

"Me? I'll be over it once you help me fix the damage you've caused. I suspect most of the others will be as well, though don't expect anyone to readily trust you for the nearest future. But to get there requires that neither you nor I are 'accidentally' shot while doing it. So, for a change of pace, we'll try to do it the way the team wants it. Which means waiting for permission.

Would be about time we got that permission, actually, it's not like they seem to be too occupied or anythin'.
"

Radio to Anton: 'Bishop is coming over, between the two of you you should be able to stop Morul if he tries to do anything... Foolish again. So you can start working on the shuttle now if you wish.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14620 on: June 14, 2013, 10:15:33 am »

((I don't want this sample exploding out of the container within the base, so I'm defusing it and then I'll come to assist you.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14621 on: June 14, 2013, 02:56:03 pm »

((I don't want this sample exploding out of the container within the base, so I'm defusing it and then I'll come to assist you.))

((Oh, ok then. Remember there are other people you could delegate that to. Simus is XO after all, she can do that. ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14622 on: June 14, 2013, 03:01:35 pm »

I forgot to post an action, so... If I get robolimbs without further complications, will I be able to use my Mk.2 no problem or will I need to patch it up?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14623 on: June 14, 2013, 03:10:02 pm »

practice attaching robolimbs by connecting the various pieces together to form a complete body, chances are we will need one pretty soon.

As for flints legs, ask mesk for pointers on how to competantly attach prosthetics before even considering surgery.

((Id really like to get a dynamic bonus somehow but i can just go right ahead with the surgery if you want.))
You gather up the pieces, practice the surgery in your head, focus your chi, clip your toe nails and generally prepare or surgery.

"Yeah, I'll grab your gear.  I don't know where you'll find a better doctor, th- oh!  You meant me, didn't you?  Alright, I'll take care of it as soon as I get back to base."
Grab Flint's stuff.
"Auron, I recommend you not perform surgery until your balance has returned.  If nobody else needs a lift, I'm going to head straight back to the base now."
You winch Flint's junk- something you only ever did once before, while drunk, and that you promised you'd never do again-into the ship. You hang around though, just in case anyone else needs pick up.

You kick your companion till she wakes up. Mesk style is your style.
((That not what I meant... but I'll take it. It may even make more sense for my character than any other way.

And Flint, how exactly do you propose that first contact? It's not like it needs our food or jewelry.))

It is possible to determine the date Emar-i was drawn, or at least the age he's supposed to represent by his clothes and outfit?
In any case, put the pad away, time to do other stuff.

Quote from: To Bishop
I've got the MPV. If you want, I can start heading towards the shuttle right now. If yes, bring some fuel. This thing's out.

"You know Zephy, I was thinking about our predicament for some time now. It may be better for our long-term survival to keep the supplies scattered, so they don't get all destroyed if something happens to the main base.

And I think we should actually count just how much food we packed. Then we can offload the better portion of it, or even all of it here, and head to the broken shuttle. And then we can think what other spot to pick for storing food. I don't want to come to the base just yet, that creature is still alive and moving towards it.

And about countring the food, I'd appreciate the help. Your intuition, not to mention eyesight, he he he, is better than mine."

Estimate just how much food we took out of the base. No more than 40% because Vich wouldn't take anything close to majority.
The clothing shown in the pictures is too generic to be of any real help to you.

As per the amount of food you have on you, I assumed like 2 weeks worth of rations for about 5 people. A good amount, but not massive. Especially considering the base as rations for the whole group for a year. 

"Fuck man, I'll probably have trouble slapping patches on these holes, let alone fixing a shot up shuttle. I was just gonna point out what I shot so someone more competent at fixing things could do it."

Find some patches for my suit, and attempt to repair suit. Accept help from Anton if needed. Try not to get shot at again.
We'll assume that you and anton can get your suit patched, since it's a pretty simple thing.

"Yes, well, that kind of 'I-know-better' attitude of yours was what got it damaged in the first place. Since we're out here as a team, I think the team would appreciate its members not going... what was that term? AWOL?"

Help Morul patch his suit, then re-proceed with the part-gathering.
You get the parts gathered after patching up morul's foot. He's still limping a lot.

"Just going to go around the zone, and going to see what's on the far side."

Go to the far side of the head-voice zone via the safest route. Cutting through parts of the head-voice zone is permissible.
I'll assume you mean to head toward zone 9.

You cut around the edges of the effect laden zones as best you can until you reach zone 9. You can see strange things before even entering the zone. They're like great big white domes or maybe white spheres sunk into the stone. They're pot-marked with what look like small craters; almost like miniature moons embedded here in the stone.

sorry, it wasn't part of the bolded stuff so I missed it. My bad.

You head outside and open the container. Your suit reads a thin oxygen rich atmosphere for a second as the gases in the container vent out into the vacuum beyond. The goo looks slightly darker then before but is otherwise unchanged.

Quote from: From Bishop
Alright. I'm going to be busy fixing this shuttle, so you'll have to get the fuel yourself. Take two others with you to speed things up and make things easier for you. Make sure to make a list and tell me what you find.

After sending his message, he shrugs and gets to work.

Gather the required materials and tools and start fixing the obvious and important things. Take my time doing it too, so I don't mess anything up.
[Handi:4+1]
You manage to fix the major connection problem between the cockpit and the rest of the ship. It might fly now, but it wouldn't fly for very far with all the other damage.

((okay  :D But didn't Radiocontrolled post an action to help me digging?))

Dig in at a good spot, also anticipating the crystal's movement and don't necessarily wait for Miyamoto's help.
You go use your giant hands as a back hoe to dig out a good position after Miyamoto gives you a lift over the canyon the crystal just blew out.

"Aye I guess"
just observe run if nessecary
Observing. No need to shoot. Yet.

"I agree on scattering our supplies, but on the other hand I'm not sure it is such a great idea having our food just laying around here."

Count how much food we took with us

About 2 weeks worth for 5 people.

I forgot to post an action, so... If I get robolimbs without further complications, will I be able to use my Mk.2 no problem or will I need to patch it up?
It will work fine. They're designed to work with robo-limbs.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14624 on: June 14, 2013, 03:19:16 pm »

Head to the medbay, see what's wrong with the patient and get ready to operate.
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 1256