Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 433012 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1260 on: April 14, 2012, 08:36:51 pm »

Dear god, do thier powers of disgust work on the undead too?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 14, 2012, 08:40:08 pm »

Dear god, do thier powers of disgust work on the undead too?
Yes they do. ...well, as long as the corpse isn't that of a manamaid. But honestly I was referring to the fact that they weigh more than a small car and have a "squash" attack.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:42:55 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 14, 2012, 08:43:04 pm »

Jesus. Even the dead prefer death to looking at them. That's alittle disturbing.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 14, 2012, 08:43:59 pm »

The question is: Who would win?

Armok, a manamaid, or Hellenistic Detective?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 14, 2012, 08:45:14 pm »

It's Holistic. She'd probably die due to being squashed, and Armok, probably out of sheer terror would unexist them.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 14, 2012, 08:51:45 pm »

In retrospect, a miner was probably the worst job I could've chosen.

No no, that would have been a lye maker. At least as a miner most people would try to keep you alive. As a lye maker? Ridiculed and shunned

You ever gotten lye on your soft tissue? Let me tell you, I never want to experience that again.

Actually yes.......  I don't have a problem with lye.  I test lye soap by touching a tiny bit of the soap shavings to my tounge. If it burns, its too alkaline.

Lye doesn't bother me that much.  If you are scared of lye burns, wash the affected area with dilute vinegar.

I am not scared of lye burns. I can spray oven cleaner straight in my skin without issue.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 14, 2012, 09:07:04 pm »

No no, that would have been a lye maker. At least as a miner most people would try to keep you alive. As a lye maker? Ridiculed and shunned

You ever gotten lye on your soft tissue? Let me tell you, I never want to experience that again.

Actually yes.......  I don't have a problem with lye.  I test lye soap by touching a tiny bit of the soap shavings to my tounge. If it burns, its too alkaline.

Lye doesn't bother me that much.  If you are scared of lye burns, wash the affected area with dilute vinegar.

I am not scared of lye burns. I can spray oven cleaner straight in my skin without issue.
I once got pure, unadulterated lye on my lip. I had thought it was milk, and brought the glass measuring cup up to smell it. Very glad I didn't drink it. A friend of the family once died in hours from drinking what she thought was baby formula while babysitting.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 14, 2012, 09:42:14 pm »

Why would you drink it? Then again, if she didn't and she fed it to a baby...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1268 on: April 15, 2012, 03:31:16 am »

Its a shame cybernetics arent in.
Aurgemt then with powered claws, extra armour, maybe a couple of extra limbs, while keeping all the glory of letting you torment them. Direct nerve induction would help keep them under control. Get the best of both worlds, unflinching automatons that obey your every command bercause they know that you will personally cause their entire body to become a conduit for pain

Lolololololol sadist robot scorpions where are your gods now.

The Scorpions ate them.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 15, 2012, 03:33:54 am »

The dragon Freeble has arrived!

The dragon Grifugsn has arrived!

Many dragons have arrived!

The kobolds have arrived in force!

Overseer: Defaq, *checks menu*

Dragon Invader
Kobold spearmaster Invader
Dragon Invader
Dragon Invader
Dragon Invader
Dragon Invader
Dragon Invader
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 15, 2012, 04:39:59 am »

I once got pure, unadulterated lye on my lip. I had thought it was milk, and brought the glass measuring cup up to smell it. Very glad I didn't drink it. A friend of the family once died in hours from drinking what she thought was baby formula while babysitting.

For awhile, before the meth cooks ruined everything, you could buy practically pure crystallized lye under the brand name "red devil".  Clear crystalline solid. Sodium hydroxide lye. Potent stuff. Makes leather smoke. I found it irritating enough that I needed to wash it off. I don't know how or why, but I am highly resistant (not impervious mind... just resistant) to corrosive chemical agents. I have seen people blister and chemical burn instantly from foaming oven cleaner. Me? I can spray it on my hands like hair mousse, and clean the oven without gloves and be just fine. Just makes my fingerprints go away for a few days. No rash or anything.

LOL... there was that one time in college whe I spilled the "strong" HCl on my arm... it destroyed the shirt horribly, and gave me a slight pink spot. The pink spot didn't show up until a day later. I sometims joke that I'm not human. LOL.

And no, I am not kidding. I'd happily make a youtube vid of myself cleaning the oven if requested. :)

I can also clean with pure straight bleach without issue. Happily make a vid of that too.

These days it's nearly impossible to get pure lye.  Instead, I use a ceramic crucible, a blow torch, and baking soda.

Baking soda is food grade sodium bicarbonate.  If you heat it over 700 degrees or so, all the chemically bound carbon dioxide will boil off, leaving a "pink-glowing" hot liquid, that readily cools into a clear mass. This mass is sodium oxide, which on contact with water, turns into lye. (Sodium hydroxide)

Its either that or jump through hoops and sign tons of paperwork when you want to get good lye for making soap. For some reason the dea and pals think you are telling fibs when you say "making soap" as the reason for buying a pound of clean lye. Thankfully you only need a few tablespoons to make a small batch of soap, so the blowtorch method, while expensive, is enough to suffice.  Just do it outdoors, and watch out for spatter and caustic vapor. Wear suitable protection.

As for how you could mistake lye water for milk, I have no idea. Lye has a very intense saline-like scent. Unless your nose is broken, you should have noticed long before actually getting any in/on your mouth. I taste the soap shavings for the alkaline burn because the smell of the soap overpowers my sense of smell. (All I smell is fresh soap smell)
Lye water also heats all by itself to near boiling when freshly mixed from raw crystals as well.. very exothermic. Pure lye water will clarify after it cools off, like salt water does, so for it to be milky, it must have had some kind of surfactant mixed in to help it clear clogged drains, or been freshly mixed. If the latter, it would have been very warm, from said reaction.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 15, 2012, 04:41:25 am »

The question is: Who would win?

Armok, a manamaid, or Hellenistic Detective?
That depends on where they fight.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 15, 2012, 04:45:03 am »

I think that the Hellenistic thing is a sub-meme now.

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 15, 2012, 05:02:46 am »

Thank god i have finished the tunneling....,
*Chugs down some ale*
Nothing better than a nice relax-
Whats that red glow.. Larry.. did you just...

SHIT SHIT SHIT *Chug* SHIT
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 15, 2012, 05:13:50 am »

Thank god i have finished the tunneling....,
*Chugs down some ale*
Nothing better than a nice relax-
Whats that red glow.. Larry.. did you just...

SHIT SHIT SHIT *Chug* SHIT

You want my semi-wild dragons to help? There ticked but they wont kill dwarves....right away.....
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 214