Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432099 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1755 on: April 19, 2012, 08:53:03 pm »

The kobold reads the "Town Forum" and sees "kobold droppods"

YES.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

MrButtchicker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 19, 2012, 09:06:03 pm »

Urist McButtchicker withdraws from society...

Urist McButtchicker takes over a metalsmith's forge!

Urist McMetalsmith cancels action: Make copper pick axe
Urist McMetalsmith is fighting!

Urist McMiner Cannot preform action: Mine
Urist McMiner needs a pick!

Urist McMetalsmith Was hammered!

Urist McMiner went stark raving mad!

Urist McButtchicker has finished Fus Do Rah, a legendary adamtine pickaxe!

U mad bro(s)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:30 pm »

Urist McButtchicker withdraws from society...

Urist McButtchicker takes over a metalsmith's forge!

Urist McMetalsmith cancels action: Make copper pick axe
Urist McMetalsmith is fighting!

Urist McMiner Cannot preform action: Mine
Urist McMiner needs a pick!

Urist McMetalsmith Was hammered!

Urist McMiner went stark raving mad!

Urist McButtchicker has finished Fus Do Rah, a legendary adamtine pickaxe!

U mad bro(s)

Fus Do Rah has been stolen!

U mad bro?
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 19, 2012, 09:08:21 pm »

Oblivion and skyrim. Skyrim requires a metric ass load of time to do terrain though because the dumbasses at Bethesda decided to shut out their own terrain editor, yet mysteriously leave it in the CS, and the methods of getting world-scale terrain edits in is too horrendously complex for me to even begin on it at the moment. All I can do is fly around with the brush and cuss whenever I accidentally unload the cell I was trying to work on, or the CS crashes.

I'm currently working on two separate things intermitently (i.e whenever I get bored of working on one or have a really cool idea that MUST HAPPEN NOW); a 'dwemer caverns' mod that involves massive caverns and dwemer dungeons, similar to Blackreach, and a model of the continent of Atmora, which has barely started and I curse extra hard for because I really want to use the terrain editor.

Been itching to try the skyrim editor (my comp that has it broke down), before it was released Bethesda kept going on about how easy to use and powerful it is. Now it turns out it sucks?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 19, 2012, 09:27:51 pm »

Fus Do Rah, a legendary adamtine pickaxe!

U mad bro(s)
I don't think we want to forcefully push any does, especially not with an adamantine pickaxe... That could get messy. :P

The kobold reads the "Town Forum" and sees "kobold droppods"

YES.

Happy to get back in the egg you came from?
Hmm, I wonder if kobolds would look at ostrich egg drop pod warriors like cowardly babies...

Been itching to try the skyrim editor (my comp that has it broke down), before it was released Bethesda kept going on about how easy to use and powerful it is. Now it turns out it sucks?

I wouldn't say sucks it overall, at least not too much more than the old TES:CS, but the features they added/fixed don't quite make up for what they broke. For instance it's much harder to do terrain editing without purchasing photoshop and all the other crap necessary to get your greyscale images into an .esp you write with a 3rd party program (because despite what they say the import/export and save functions of the terrain editor don't work either...), so they basically prevented us from being able to develope large new-worlds projects without busting our asses just to get started, while there's the advantage from combining flora and trees into the same category and using .nif models and .dds textures for the trees instead of forcing you to pay big damn money for speedtreeCAD just to switch textures or develop new models. I haven't looked at the possiblities for developing in-game non-book-image maps for new worldspaces (like the basic game map), but I imagine the morons still didn't fix the problems with that/made them much worse or impossible to accomplish when converting it to a 3d thing instead of Oblivion's 2d map. I actually got one to show up in Oblivion through the use of some Hex editor magic, but map markers/your location marker on new maps never seemed to work.
There's some new possibilites for screwing with secondary game settings/magic/skills, at least.
I also wanted to come up with a way to implement the old athletics/acrobatics skills through scripting in new skills, becuase I enjoyed outrunning people riding black horses/making spells that allowed me to jump 30k feet into the air in Oblivion :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: April 19, 2012, 09:29:20 pm »

If a kobold kills a ladybug its a hero.

If one survives being dropped a few hundred feet and takes down something big, then there a god to the tribe.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30:53 pm »

Ah 3d modelling. The most time-consuming thing I have ever attempted. One day, blender! One day you shall be conquered!
Good luck with that one. I can do blueprint drawing, like with SketchUp, but that's about it. I've tried to make stuff for Sims 2, and I always ended up with exploding meshes and random holes and everything randomly glitching into everything else. But you'll have my respect if you manage it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 19, 2012, 09:34:57 pm »

Running a local script with some global variables to determine what race/gender the PC is, then doing a trick with GetSoundPlaying in a repetitious block of IF THEN ELSE's (unless they *finally* implemented CASE decisions, which I doubt they did...) you could increment a local variable every time a player jumps. This incremented value could be used to poke the GSTs in question, and also to poke a messagebox saying the player's "acrobatics" skill leveled up.

You would need a way to stick the script to the player character though.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 19, 2012, 09:42:00 pm »

Well, I made some major progress on Vol.  All the pieces are mostly finished, and I have the head, handle, and grip connected.  The pommel (yes, war hammers can have them too!) is not cooperating, mostly because I forgot to include a moderately important reference plane.  I couldn't get a screenshot of my progress so far, because I had to rush and save everything before the lab closed.  I want to mess around with the textures and things some more anyway, but that won't take long.

If a kobold kills a ladybug its a hero.

If one survives being dropped a few hundred feet and takes down something big, then there a god to the tribe.

Corai found a ladybird!
It was level 99
Corai was hideously mauled by the ladybird
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 19, 2012, 09:42:54 pm »

Corai found a ladybird!
It was level 99
Corai was hideously hilariously mauled by the ladybird

Amended.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 19, 2012, 09:50:03 pm »

Corai found a ladybird!
It was level 99
Corai was hideously impossibly hilariously mauled by the ladybird

Amended.

VETO'D.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 19, 2012, 09:59:01 pm »

Corai found a ladybird!
It was level 99
Corai was hideously hilariously mauled by the ladybird

Amended.

Thank you, KodKod.  Clearly, that was an unintentional typo on my part, and I'm glad you caught it.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: April 19, 2012, 10:45:41 pm »

-snip-
So to make new land, we now have to draw up a greyscale heightmap and import it? Damn, TES was the ONE GAME that didn't do that to modders.

Corai, try a silver spear. They seem to be lucky for kobolds.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: April 19, 2012, 11:14:53 pm »

-snip-
So to make new land, we now have to draw up a greyscale heightmap and import it? Damn, TES was the ONE GAME that didn't do that to modders.

Well, you can do it in the in-CS 3d view terrain editor, just not with the world-scale heightmap editor. Sorry, should have used 'heightmap editor' in the first place. You can still float around and drag on terrain. Who knows; perhaps the regions function still works too... It takes 4-5 hours to make one tiny section with the 3d view terrain morphs, unfortunately.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: April 19, 2012, 11:29:29 pm »

-snip-

Well, you can do it in the in-CS 3d view terrain editor, just not with the world-scale heightmap editor. Sorry, should have used 'heightmap editor' in the first place. You can still float around and drag on terrain. Who knows; perhaps the regions function still works too... It takes 4-5 hours to make one tiny section with the 3d view terrain morphs, unfortunately.

I don't normally promote the 5 finger discount on software, but old bryce 5 from the mid 90s works great for making height maps. Has options to simulate erosion and all sorts of fun.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:32:04 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 214