Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432798 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1935 on: April 25, 2012, 03:17:28 am »

Jesus, I go away for a couple days and find The Twelfth Bay is populated by things far worse than demons: Horrible excuses for humanity/dwarfdom.

Seriously, you people are evil.
And it's fuckin' hilarious.  :P

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 25, 2012, 07:47:32 am »

We're not evil, we're just morally impaired.

Nah, the morally just way is to meet them with steel and adamantine.

Adamantine radios. Steel TVs.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 25, 2012, 08:31:05 am »

Nah, the morally just way is to meet them with steel and adamantine.

Adamantine radios. Steel TVs.

Good luck making these out of a conductive material only...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 25, 2012, 10:39:50 am »

nah, just the outer casing and support structures so the demons can't smash it to bits. The internal components can be made of anything that can withstand being shaken violently :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 25, 2012, 11:09:01 am »

nah, just the outer casing and support structures so the demons can't smash it to bits. The internal components can be made of anything that can withstand being shaken violently :P

We still talking about the dooms-day weapon that will take over Dwarf Fortress?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1940 on: April 25, 2012, 11:16:43 am »

Im no elf!

I'm convinced several hundred posts in this thread have been in regards to your elderberry and honey badger relations.

Eyup.

I say we dig WAY WAY down until we strike Magma. Then we go and take this thread seriously. Oh wait, we're Bay12 Forums users. IMPOSSIBLE!

On one of the 1800 posts, we talked about this and decided we wouldn't want to do much of that, mainly because OF THE CAVERNS.

Don't want steel cockroaches walking up our wells.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 25, 2012, 11:20:27 am »

Im no elf!

I'm convinced several hundred posts in this thread have been in regards to your elderberry and honey badger relations.

Eyup.

I say we dig WAY WAY down until we strike Magma. Then we go and take this thread seriously. Oh wait, we're Bay12 Forums users. IMPOSSIBLE!

On one of the 1800 posts, we talked about this and decided we wouldn't want to do much of that, mainly because OF THE CAVERNS.

I now admit in a elf, indisputable evidence has been found, California is a elven land, and where I live, very elfish. So yeah.....Is it normal to be a elf that loves chopping trees?

And what Honey Badgers? I never mentioned them. Elderberry? Lolwut.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 25, 2012, 11:48:34 am »

Didn't we decide to mine to the magma but seal off every cavern we find?

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 25, 2012, 11:55:19 am »

Didn't we decide to mine to the magma but seal off every cavern we find?

Since this thread is referring to the idea that were in a "real" dwarf fortress, a stone wall wont hold back demons or FBs. So we would have to fight if we got to caverns.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 25, 2012, 12:10:56 pm »

You guys can't tell me that you wouldn't laugh yourselves sick after seeing the denizens of the HFS get subjected to 24hr saccharine injections, only to have them break down and beg for mercy. I know this forum too well, where we insult their demonic auras by growing strawberries down there, while sipping iced sunshine.

Nono... you guys would be fighting over the remote control that sets the programming the demons have to watch for the day. 

Every once in awhile, if the demons are really really good, we'll let them watch Friday the 13th or something, (Followed by a mr rodgers marathon.) Just to really set the hook good.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 25, 2012, 12:36:02 pm »

Demons are evil, right?  If so, we can't possibly be bad for doing things to them! 

These are demons we are talking about here. They need lethal levels of cute and saccharine.

My little pony.

I can only assume you mean the original stuff, because FiM is dark.

I recommend Winnie the Pooh.  There's some wholesome entertainment for the whole family, which obviously means poison to demons.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 25, 2012, 12:43:19 pm »

Yes, the original 1980s version.

Along with strawberry shortcake, raenbow brite, and carebears.

It has to be over the top sweet sweet saccharine. The kind that makes you bleed from everyv oraphice.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 25, 2012, 01:07:20 pm »

Discussing such things is making my eyes bleed...

And for once, my new wounds are not the result of KodKod's influence.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: April 25, 2012, 01:19:08 pm »

Well then. It seems I am a little late to the party but anyway.
I would like to be dwarfed:

Novice Blacksmith
Proficient Fighter
Proficient Swordsdwarf
Proficient Hammerdwarf
Novice Social Stuff

Also I would like a female cutebold and an elf female in a cage. Cutebolds are adorable  :-[
Correction: The Elf in a cage the cutebold following me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:25:01 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: April 25, 2012, 01:46:04 pm »

Absolutely not!

Creatures in df reproduce by spores! With corai around, a female cutebold will. Be poppin eggs before we know it, and then we'll be drowning in the things!
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 214