Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432942 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2640 on: May 06, 2012, 11:44:54 pm »

Umm, can the Ollifex regenerate its entire body from a single particle? If so, I've just scattered trillions of them across this world and others.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: May 06, 2012, 11:53:19 pm »

Nah, any individual particle with a mass of less than a gram cannot be enchanted, let alone permit a disembodied consciousness to reconstruct it's form. Devision of it's particles both breaks any magical enchantments or abilities it would possess and destroys it's consciousness in the mortal realm. It would have to be resummoned from the void, and that's impossible from within the void.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: May 06, 2012, 11:54:50 pm »

We will just need to purge the air of its taint. Bring the magma rays!
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: May 06, 2012, 11:55:56 pm »

Hey, are LW's barrels of Ollioliitis still around? The Ollifex is gone, but maybe I can still apply some of these ideas to the Olliolifexes...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: May 07, 2012, 03:11:03 am »

What in the everlasting hells happened here?
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: May 07, 2012, 07:35:36 am »

Oh please. It's just 176 pages. You can read it all.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2646 on: May 07, 2012, 08:31:45 am »

Hey, are LW's barrels of Ollioliitis still around? The Ollifex is gone, but maybe I can still apply some of these ideas to the Olliolifexes...

Could probably put them in the air vents too.

HEY CORAI

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: May 07, 2012, 10:06:04 am »

HugoLuman, remembered by a pan-dimensional race of dragons, returns to existence from the void. HugoLuman's body has absorbed the entire vortex of time, and pure energy pours from the eyes. "I can see everything, and I can see what must be done!"

HugoLuman raises a hand, and the currents of causality gently swirl around the Olifex's body, disintegrating it completely and scattering it to the void and darkness. Corai suddenly finds himself out of the airvent, in a back hallway. He has a chance to run now. Weird is restored to body and life, for now. The cracks in causality are sealed.

"That's fixed then. Good. Now, I feel tired... So very... tired."

HugoLuman has collapsed.

You are welcome.

EDIT:Dragon medic restores strength to HugoLuman
I sent someone over.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:36:52 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: May 07, 2012, 11:10:34 am »

Great! Now with you back, get some more stuff up the air vents!
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: May 07, 2012, 01:51:55 pm »

Weird joykill wakes up in his comfy bed with a start.

The memory is fuzzy, but he distinctly remembers being a ghost, and that it was awesome.

Shrugging off the wild fantasy, he crawls out of bed for what seems like the first time in a very vlong time.  Strange sensations assail him, and it is only after a moment or two of reflection that he recognizes them as hunger and thirst.

"Either I've been asleep way too long, or I should go see gizogen about my head...." he murmurs to himself, as he slips into his pigtail clothes.

Passing through to the stockpiles from the residential quarters, a strange sensation stirs in the back of his mind, and before he really understands why, he detours through the memorial hall.

Tucked away, almost out of sight is a solid gold memorial slab that shouldn't be there. Mixed feelings of apprenension and subconscious goading twist into indescribable emotional sensations, as he anxiously and with great trepidation closes in on the slab.

In terrible handwriting that only a kobold could make, a profane denoucement of a scientist is inscribed, but where the name goes, there is only a horribly slashed splotch on the otherwise gleaming metal surface.

Confronted with physicial evidence to corroberate the dream, the mad cientist stumbles backward, and trips over a small ossuary dedicated to some other dwarf's kitten, and lands on his bottom with a thump; splayed out in a very uncomely and undignified position.

From the vents overhead, a shrill screaming and the sound of jointed legs being against the metal draws closer.

Weird joykill questions the validity of reality as it currently exists.

After a few moments of (fairly) quiet reflection on this substantiation of his dream, weird joykill ignores his hunger and thirst, and returns to his lab.

The lab had originally had nasty orthoclase and microcline walls. It now had the very, very wrong but far more aesthetically pleasing obsidian ones. Though rough hewn, it was a very nice improvement to the room.

Digging in the fire cabinet, he withdraws two glass bottles of hydrocyanic acid, a charcoal powered breizer, a length of tanned kitten intestine tubing, and the vent key.

Heading to the fume hood, he shuts the main exit vent, opens the recirculation vent, and sets up the cyanide gas "bug bomb", but doesn't light the breizer.

He instead waddles his short yet stout dwarven frame out of the lab, vent shutoff key in hand, the imminent needs of food and drink being terribly incessant. 

On the way to the stockpiles, he idly talks at all the people leaving their quarters, contemplating why it is that some of them seem utterly terrified to see him, and quickly slam their doors. Others seem releived by his presence however, and with some nice, calming conversation, the instructions for everyone to close their vents and plug them with wet cloth to get rid of a "massive infestation" of large roaches in the vent system seems fairly well received.

The strawberry wine, and =plump helmet roast= were particularly agreeable when he finally got to the stockpiles.  Refueled and liquored up, the insane scientist's plans spring into doubletime as the sobriety wears off.

In a seemingly mad dash, he rushes through the fortress sealing duct exits, and plugging them appropriately, until at last the only vents open are the main line leading to the air outside, and the tributary line from his lab.

With a smile, he heads back to the lab.

Weird joykill absolutely detests large roaches.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: May 07, 2012, 02:44:05 pm »

Hooray for clockwork!  Hooray for many, many pages in this thread that I still have to read!

I've completed the clockwork body I was working on, but I forget whom I was making it for.  No matter!  It was a rousing success all the same.  In fact, I may have to seriously look into streamlining the process for mass-production.  There are also a few minor quirks I want to work out.

To the future owner of the Mk. I G-Body:
It's ready.  I'll need to go over the usage and maintenance instructions, and you'll have to undergo a brief period of observation and rehabilitation, but that shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: May 07, 2012, 02:59:39 pm »

You know, i think youve managed to drive off KodKod.
Im rather impressed.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: May 07, 2012, 03:41:54 pm »

I was noticing that too. Not a fan of strange roleplay I presume.

Forum needs more roleplay? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: May 07, 2012, 03:45:31 pm »

Hooray for clockwork!  Hooray for many, many pages in this thread that I still have to read!

I've completed the clockwork body I was working on, but I forget whom I was making it for.  No matter!  It was a rousing success all the same.  In fact, I may have to seriously look into streamlining the process for mass-production.  There are also a few minor quirks I want to work out.

To the future owner of the Mk. I G-Body:
It's ready.  I'll need to go over the usage and maintenance instructions, and you'll have to undergo a brief period of observation and rehabilitation, but that shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

So, how long till you can get the clockwork bodies out like clockwork?

You know, i think youve managed to drive off KodKod.
Im rather impressed.

So, do we raid the temple or not?

I am so dead if KodKod comes back.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:19:53 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: May 07, 2012, 06:13:21 pm »

Body burning out from that stunt in my last post... last request...

...Raid that temple!

HugoLuman sputters, and falls unconscious. No signs of life other than a high temperature.

PS: Clockwork vs Spawn of Olifex anyone?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 214