Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432950 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #3000 on: May 15, 2012, 11:44:46 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Yp3Pdo4ho

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3aEQuxQEOw

I think we'll save this for a later fight where it will be more appropriate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr89EG6cqPQ

A confused group of Olm men suddenly ran into the hospital, looking very frightened. They began speaking in broken language. "We run into carve-cave, not to fight! No kill us! We not fight! There bad things in big caves, coming this way! Many Demons come, but strange thing kill many. Big black things kill many of us though, and green things go boom! We stay with you? Many dying, what going on!?"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:50:07 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: May 16, 2012, 07:21:19 am »

A group of antmen cower in the corner of their abode as demons fight their lone guard.

Ape Manwonders, the Ant Man Spearmaster was fighting to protect her brood.

Growling in a low voice, she struggled desperately with a demon made of ash.

"You... no.... take... queen! You... no... hurt... ant... people!"

The demon roared and swiped at her, ripping off another of her arms. Thankfully, as an antman, she still had two to spare.
Ignoring the pain, Ape leapt in with her fungiwood spear, and gouged the demon in the face. Even as the demon collapsed into incoherent piles of ash, her spear caught alight and badly burnt her face and hand.

"Ah! I... not know how much longer I can hold...!" she cried back to her family.

Then, horrors, a flame devil sidled jauntily into view. It blew air at her, which though Ape couldn't see, was probably bad.
Ape ducked behind a tower-cap, which started to slowly char and burn as the superhot air flowed and swirled around her.

The heat was awful. Ape could feel pressure and heat building in her exoskeleton... Pressure that was dangerously high.
Much hotter, and her exoskeleton could crack, critically injuring her. So long as Ape still had fight in her, she would fight.

It's what soldiers do to protect the colony, is it not?

Watching her brood terrified spurred her on.

Ape came out from behind the smoking tower-cap. The flame devil smiled, and prepared to breath more hot fumes at her.

Ape's exoskeleton started to crack and sizzle. The heat was intense.
Charging toward the flame devil, mandibles clicking, remaining arms ready, she leapt at it, knocking it off the cliff, where it collapsed into wildfires. Ape fell to her knees in relief...

"Dark kill things... not harm... antmen... Family... seal off wall..."

Her vision blacking out, the last sight Ape saw was her family studiously packing mud bricks into place, with the efficiency only ants have.

And with a sigh, she lay down and died.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: May 16, 2012, 08:37:08 am »

So, you are suddenly in the lull between the fights.  Or, as it would more closely appear, the silence before the storm.

Zanzetkuken did not know why they transferred their essence into cards when they died, all he knew was that he gained more power each time.  He had collected nearly sixty cards by this point, but he needed three more.  And he knew which ones they would be.  The ultimate Eldrazi.  He origionally avoided them, but now he was going after them.  The power contained would be enough to stop clockwork hugo no matter what he did.  After that, however, he would seal the cards in obsidian, for none should command the power he would be able to use.  They would not be destroyed, just encased, in case they were ever needed again.  ZTG then heard some thing be hind him, something that snuck up on him while he was thinking.  He whurled around, and was face to face with a clockwork version of himself.  Clockwork him transformed into a dragon, and the regular ZTG summoned the Artisan of Kozilek.  The clockwork was suprised by the power released by his regular self, but only for an instant, because the clockwork was soon destroyed.  ZTG worried what this might mean, as he returned the eldrazi to card form, and decided to increase the speed to capturing the Ultimate Eldrazi.

None in the Twelfth Bay knew what had happened, except for one person who orchestrated the cats who controlled Clockwork Hugo.  That person decided to not share that knowledge with the cats and, indirectly, Clockwork Hugo.

As you can see, I think that everyone should be attacked by their clockwork selves, but that is up to you.

Do you think that a ruler of the cats is too far-fetched?

Just for you information
Eldrazi captured:
Ulamog's Crusher
Emrakrul's hatcher
Artisan of Kozilek
Pathrazer of Ulamog
Hand of Emrakrul
Ulamog's Crusher
Spawnsire of Ulamog
All is Dust
It that Betrays

Now, to capture the three ultimates:
Ulamog, the infinite gyres
Kozilek, the butcher of truth
Emrakrul, the aeons torn

I don't care what you say, I can use their power to break the time-lock, somehow.  These are the most powerful things that have existed!  They naturally LIVE in the blind eternities!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:53:04 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: May 16, 2012, 02:24:59 pm »

Oh, come on!  Who's the one who keeps ripping off my designs?  Clockwork Oliolli even has the same insignia I always put on my automata!  At the very least, whoever's making these copies could try to make them look original...

I can't allow this, this thief to keep stealing my designs.  I'll need to find out who it is, but until then, I'll just work under the utmost secrecy.  From this point on, I shall no longer offer my clockworks to anyone, effective until such a time as my designs cease being copied.

Oh, and I've also been working on some time-travel stuff.  Mostly just as a hobby, but I'm interested to see what applications it'll have.

-----

A few other notes:
No magic or electricity?  I'm going to assume that doesn't apply to clockwork, just because there's always a loophole.
Obviously, I am aware of who is making these clockwork people, or at least I will be soon enough.  I know my own designs well enough to know who else would be able to imitate them.
Why is there a squad of Olm men in my hospital?  I have space and provisions enough for them, but they're making an awful racket.  I'm tempted to dust off the old magma-rinse lever...
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: May 16, 2012, 02:50:19 pm »

Oh, come on!  Who's the one who keeps ripping off my designs?  Clockwork Oliolli even has the same insignia I always put on my automata!  At the very least, whoever's making these copies could try to make them look original...

I can't allow this, this thief to keep stealing my designs.  I'll need to find out who it is, but until then, I'll just work under the utmost secrecy.  From this point on, I shall no longer offer my clockworks to anyone, effective until such a time as my designs cease being copied.

Oh, and I've also been working on some time-travel stuff.  Mostly just as a hobby, but I'm interested to see what applications it'll have.

-----

A few other notes:
No magic or electricity?  I'm going to assume that doesn't apply to clockwork, just because there's always a loophole.
Obviously, I am aware of who is making these clockwork people, or at least I will be soon enough.  I know my own designs well enough to know who else would be able to imitate them.
Why is there a squad of Olm men in my hospital?  I have space and provisions enough for them, but they're making an awful racket.  I'm tempted to dust off the old magma-rinse lever...

Don't!  Listen to what they are saying!  I sounds like a forgotten beast is in the fort!
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: May 16, 2012, 02:57:01 pm »

(sorry for the double post, I didn't want this to be skipped in a quote)
Zanzetkuken began to prepare for the return to his realm, and the breach of the Twelfth Bay realm.  He didn't expect the locals to topple Emrakrul, but they managed to.  He grabbed the card that was formed, and used Emrakrul to defeat the other two Eldrazi.  The power that is now within him is almost replenished to prepurge levels.  He jumped through the gateway, and while returning to his realm, his mind shot back to the Clockwork version of him.  Who had built it?  Who sent it?  How did it get through the Time-Lock?  And most importantly, how did that person know where he was?  He pondered these thoughts as he arrived in his throne room.  He bypassed the throne, and entered his own lab.  Whoever it is will be defeated, thought ZTG...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:00:42 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: May 16, 2012, 03:07:36 pm »

The influx of subterranean animal people bowl me over, and for a moment, my chant is interrupted. The foolish, dumb beasts were trying to escape a rather large demon made of flame and resembling a bat and in doing so, didn' realize that it damned us all.
But that wasn't the main problem. Magic begins to flow and motors begin to hum as I try to regain my footing.
Daleks begin to power up and spells start to illuminate the dark. I resume the incantation, but it comes out in stuttered bursts, causing energies to fluctuate wildly. I watch a dalek power on, and then explode from excess energy in its power core while an impressive fireball cast from a demon turns to a candle flame. Power is no longer consistent. Even a magic missile, at this point, could either level a mountain or not even wound a fly.
"Crap."
I jump down a well to escape the ensuing flurry.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:15:09 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: May 16, 2012, 03:17:07 pm »

The influx of subterranean animal people bowl me over, and for a moment, my chant is interrupted. The foolish, dumb beasts were trying to escape a rather large demon made of flame and resembling a bat and in doing so, didn' realize that it damned us all.
But that wasn't the main problem. Magic begins to flow and motors begin to hum as I try to regain my footing.
Daleks begin to power up and spells start to illuminate the dark. I resume the incantation, but it comes out in stuttered bursts, causing energies to fluctuate wildly. I watch a dalek power on, and then explode from excess energy in its power core while an impressive fireball cast from a demon turns to a candle flame. Power is no longer consistent. Even a magic missile, at this point, could either level a mountain or not even wound a fly.
"Crap."
I jump down a well to escape the ensuing flurry.

I hope this doesn't screw up the Eldrazi...  They might destroy the entire realm with one attack...  And my character doesn't know it will happen...  Carp...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: May 16, 2012, 03:43:20 pm »

This was perposterous.

Giant olm men in the hospital chillin with plumpy...

Gizogin had managed to show up in the hospital, as if summoned by the sound of wounded... but he was less enthused by the patients than weird was.

The good doctor was irate. It seemed somebody had been ripping off his clockwork bodies like they were going out of style. Joykill managed to convince him that he had never seen his designs well enough to even attempt a copy, let alone improve them. Gizogin looked at the totally dwarf powered hazard suit weird was wearing, and reluctantly nodded.

A few minutes later, weird was back at work, re-equiping the old reaction tank and piledriver assembly. These were pure chemistry and hard physics. No electricity was involved.

Angry beating and scratching noises came from corai's tank, while a somewhat less disheveled looking "plumpy", and a gang olf olm men pried it open.  Of course, corai promptly wilted like a cartoon flower at the sight of so many giant olm men, up close, and in his face when they finally succeeded in popping the cork on that nasty little bottle.

The olm men seemed genuinely disturbed to be inside the fortress, as if looking for where the giant spinning discs would jump out of the walls.  It took some convincing to explain to them that we don't make a habbit of making puree out of our sick and wounded, and that the hospital wast trapped that way.... he felt it prudent not to mention the magma contaminant cleansing system though.

They kept babbling almost incoherently about some rampaging monster in the abyss below.

Weird was tired, hot, sweaty, and trying to do delicate work with hands that didn't want to move anymore from exhaustion. With an angry wave, he motioned up the hall and outside.

"Look outside, and keep complaining about monsters." He said.  The olm men caught sight of the morbidly huge bodies, seeping blue filth, and cluttering the atrium of the fortress' grand entry, and huddled together.  Deep baritone taunting from outside further set the hook on their newfound respect for silence.

Cleaning out the reaction tank with care using water from the hospital well, and dumping the corrosive contents amidst the dead bodies, he decided to try to bolster their defenses, despite the vulgarity of raising sentient dead.

Making the gesture, nothing happened.  He tried again. Nada.

Maybe he was just too tired to do it right. 

Letting out a loud sigh, the olm men peering at him with horror and interest mixed on their ugly faces, he resigned himself to re-gearing for chemical warfare.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: May 16, 2012, 03:56:13 pm »

Zanzetkuken was becoming furious.  No matter what he tried, he couldn't break the time-lock.  He had even tried all of the Eldrazi at once!  He cast a short spell that would tell him when the time-lock finally broke, and left to start rebuilding his realm.  He ordered the troops to stand down for the time being.  Someone inside would have to figure out how to stop the time-lock...

Due to the instability of magic in your realm, some would most likely die when I finally do come.  ex. dragons falling from sky, slayers collapsing randomly due to magic augmentations, ect.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:59:57 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: May 16, 2012, 04:23:09 pm »

.....that's fine, my character's necromancy might raise every single dead creature, including insects, for miles around too.

Flip a coin, then write accordingly.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: May 16, 2012, 04:32:58 pm »

.....that's fine, my character's necromancy might raise every single dead creature, including insects, for miles around too.

I need to get there first, however.

Edit: or you could roll a die according to RtD
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:35:43 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #3012 on: May 16, 2012, 05:02:23 pm »

Kofthefens batters a dalek!
The dalek shoots an energy beam, but Kofthefens leaps away!

"What? I thought they were all powered off!"

Kofthefens searches out and paralyzes and scares many of the special weapons daleks, knowing that they are the biggest danger.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: May 16, 2012, 05:31:44 pm »

Don't have dice, but I do have a sequestered deck of cards in my desk....

Clever simulation of a diceroll:  poker deck goes from ace to king, with 2 jokers. That's equivalent, more or less to throwing 2 D6.  Ace=1, king =13. Joker = natural top roll.

A card will be removed from the deck. If it is higher than 5 (6 or better), it is considered a "success", intensity of effect determined by value. 6=barely cast. (1 or 2 zombies, low power) king = super cast. (All zombies in sight, regardless of difficulty, raised.) Joker = "biblical undead apocolypse".

Once played, it is randomly reinserted into the deck to maintain drawing odds.

Sound good, or should I make it more conservative?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: May 16, 2012, 05:33:23 pm »

After an undisclosed period of time, and frustrated by the inactivity on the other side, Zanzetkuken sent a message mentally through the time-lock.  It was "Whoever receives this message, speak to Weird Joykill about the time-lock.  Tell him, that if it is shut down, armies will come to assist the Twelfth Bay."
Unknown to Zanzetkuken, the super plump helmet man received this message, and began searching for Weird in order to tell him the message...

Don't have dice, but I do have a sequestered deck of cards in my desk....

Clever simulation of a diceroll:  poker deck goes from ace to king, with 2 jokers. That's equivalent, more or less to throwing 2 D6.  Ace=1, king =13. Joker = natural top roll.

A card will be removed from the deck. If it is higher than 5 (6 or better), it is considered a "success", intensity of effect determined by value. 6=barely cast. (1 or 2 zombies, low power) king = super cast. (All zombies in sight, regardless of difficulty, raised.) Joker = "biblical undead apocolypse".

Once played, it is randomly reinserted into the deck to maintain drawing odds.

Sound good, or should I make it more conservative?

CHANGE it! four or less is success, 5-6 is neutral, seven or higher is failure.  Will lead to !!FUN!!

For your information, RtD 6d is:
1-complete success, 2-some success, 3-neutral, 4-some failure, 5-complete failure, 6-random event
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:41:36 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 214