Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: AI Games  (Read 12084 times)

Ziga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI Games
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2012, 08:44:17 pm »

i would like to be a part of this too, (it will be my first succession fort if it happends) im not good at documenting things but hopefully a short summery and 3-5 screens will sufice
What catastrophic changes in elf society changed their tile from E to e?
Goblin snatchers stole their Shift-key.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2012, 09:31:43 pm »

I wouldn't mind this succession game either, if I understand what's going on correctly.

We are going to pick the same embark point, but the actual embark team/equipment will be of our choosing? And we will decide after the first year by votes who's fortress is the best, and that fortress will be passed to everyone to be continued? The first year will be the hardest, with the possibility of having your entire embark team/equipment changed, but it sounds like fun. Does fortress design matter? I'm interested in not only seeing how others build their fortress, but where they build it as well. :)
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2012, 10:35:29 pm »

I'd love to be a part of this. I've never really done any succession games due to the pressure of creating a great story but I feel like I'd be able to do a lot better if the pressure was off.
Also will there be a limit on how how someone can take to play a year? Like if you don't post your write up with 1-2 weeks you'll be disqualified from voting.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

doomxorz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2012, 11:29:02 am »

Eek 2 weeks would take a long time. but maybe thats normal, I've never done this kind of thing before

Is DwarfMeister setting this up? Or shall someone else, since he hasn't said anything yet? We might as well make a new thread for it, since this was more of a thread proposing the idea than actually staging the game, if I understand correctly

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2012, 11:38:56 am »

Eek 2 weeks would take a long time. but maybe thats normal, I've never done this kind of thing before

Is DwarfMeister setting this up? Or shall someone else, since he hasn't said anything yet? We might as well make a new thread for it, since this was more of a thread proposing the idea than actually staging the game, if I understand correctly

I agree 2 weeks is a little too much, and

Quote from: DwarfMeister
I'm glad you are interested. All I'm waiting for is for the majority of players to agree with the rules (and the amendments). Once that is done, we can begin the process of starting the game.

I'm looking forward for it.

"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2012, 08:58:59 pm »

Can't wait to get started.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »

Maybe two weeks is a bit much, one would probably be enough.

Also someone really needs to set this up, someone whose free time wont be completely absorbed by school in a few weeks :P
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!

Ziga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2012, 08:48:31 am »

so...when are we going to start this?

doomxorz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2012, 08:47:06 pm »

We could always make a new thread and link to here for people to know the rules. DwarfMeister doesn't seem free, so I see no reason we shouldn't start without him. This method of gameplay seems open to people just jumping in.

So.. shall I start a new thread, or does someone else want to?

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2012, 09:04:01 pm »

If you have time to keep it updated I say go for it.

doomxorz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2012, 09:11:15 pm »

Mkay. Also, I'll go through and try to post what everyone decided would be the rules, in one place, to make it easier.

doomxorz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 09:34:48 pm »

does this look like a good final copy of the rules?

also, the timeframe should perhaps be: Sunday-Wednesday for playing the fort, submit write-ups and savefiles on Thursday, voting on Thursday and Friday, final count of votes and decision on Saturday, repeat.

1.) A number of players is chosen to play and are given a Player #
2.) All players make map.
3.) All players play the map until the following Spring.
4.) All players upload the Savefile prefixed with the Player #
5.) All players write a short story about interesting things that went on with their fort.
6.) Once the deadline to upload a Savefiles is reached, all the players vote for the best one (For any reason). You cannot vote for your own Savefile.
7.) Repeat Steps 3-7 until all players' forts are lost.

Do not cheat! Third-part utilities are allowed, so long as you do not use them to cheat.

If two maps (or more) tie, a second vote will take place, between only those and allowing outsider votes. If a majority still can not be reached, somehow?!?, the fort with the highest Created Wealth will be used.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 11:05:59 pm »

The winning save file is the one used for the next week right?

Also I feel it would help if the fortresses all started out with the same name or something along those lines, all the best secession games have a really bad astronaut name :P

Ziga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 01:54:31 am »

The winning save file is the one used for the next week right?

Also I feel it would help if the fortresses all started out with the same name or something along those lines, all the best secession games have a really bad astronaut name :P

well fire up the random name generator and see what comes out! (also again, this will be my first time playing any kind of succession game)

doomxorz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 01:22:16 pm »

Well after the first year, the selected save file will standardize the name, so I don't see any reason to pick a name
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5