Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Dworacle Challenge  (Read 9085 times)

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dworacle Challenge
« on: April 13, 2012, 11:04:05 pm »

So I found this old website that gives you random challenges to do in dwarf fortress, along with restrictions you have to follow.
Kind of feel like it has too much expectation of me with this one. I mean really, the other challenges it gave would of been hard enough, but I think this one has to be taking the piss out of me...

The Great Dworacle intones, "You must build, for all dwarvenkind..."
"A grand magma computer capable of running Minecraft made of adamantine in a wilderness subterranean magma!"

Also, it would be great if you could please observe the following additional requirements:
accessory: lavafall
megabeasts: 10 Hydras
relations_with_other_civs: always buy any logs elves bring with them
restriction: You may not alter the labors on migrants
restriction: Must buy all caravan items
you must ignore everything above: none

The site is:
http://dworacle.goondorfs.net/index.php

So has anyone actually tried building the stuff it suggests? Some of it looks more doable.
edit: just noticed I wrote minecraft >_>
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:51:26 pm by Morpha »
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Dworacle Challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:18:56 pm »

"A grand keg/duck/beehive made of bronze in a wilderness temperate freshwater lake!"

Also, it would be great if you could please observe the following additional requirements:
accessory:
megabeasts: 5 Dragons
megabeasts: 50 Types of Demons
megabeasts: No Demons
relations with other civs: none
relations_with_other_civs: buy and smelt all metal crafts and -crafts- your civilisation brings with them
restriction: seven starting dwarves have no skills
you must ignore everything above: none
It's going to be hard having 50 demons and no demons.  :P
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:20:20 pm »

All you need to do is put them in a box
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:32:52 pm »

"A grand great wall made of corpses in a terrifying temperate freshwater swamp!"

makes me wish you could build with corpses, spartan style. :Pmod?

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 11:34:07 pm »

accessory: battery of drawbridge-based cow launchers

Funniest one I've gotten so far
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 11:38:36 pm »

"A grand towering anatomically-correct nude statue of the ideal Dwarf made of aluminum in an untamed wild temperate freshwater lake!"

accessory: armor every dwarf from helm to high boots in gleaming platinum
megabeasts: 1 Minotaur
megabeasts: 5 Bronze Colossi
relations_with_other_civs: yearly animal gift for elves
relations_with_other_civs: donate all artifacts to your civilisation
restriction: every dwarf must eat his favorite food once a year
restriction: only build with imported materials
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 11:39:42 pm »

I actually got the cow launcher one too, lost it laughing at that. And yeah, I don't think the demons/no demons thing will work either =P
assume the corpses thing means a stockpile along the border like a wall?

edit: oh god
A grand gigantic three-dimensional replica of Goatse that extends for at least five (5) Z-layers made of clear glass in a serene tropical brackish pool!"
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

Vharuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 11:50:39 pm »

"A grand water slide made of aluminum straddling a mirthful temperate freshwater pool and a sinister temperate brackish pool!"

accessory: no picks on embark and no mining until the first caravan shows up
megabeasts: 20 Titans
relations_with_other_civs: yearly gifts to your civilisat
restriction: All rooms must be \'circular\'
restriction: no trading
restriction: no floodgates

I can see it now!  A curved and thin walkway snaking its way across a chasm being the only access to my fort.  Dodge-Me traps cover its surface, forcing goblins to be rendered to shreds or jump into the watery pit below.  This sunken pool will not be stagnant: oh no.  It will be constantly flowing, forcing whatever poor creatures enter into a downward hole.  This is how my "water slide" will swallow offerings, down its spiraling esophagus into the horrifying depths of its cavernous stomach.

Yes...

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 12:09:26 am »

"A grand colossal monument to your fortress made of ice in a haunted tropical freshwater marsh!"A grand colossal monument to your fortress made of ice in a haunted tropical freshwater marsh!" Not sure if this is doable

Whereas this ""A grand magma lake made of soap in an untamed wild tropical freshwater pool!" sounds surreally awesome
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 12:21:36 am »

This site is kinda dumb, honestly.  Only because 90% + of its challenges are logically impossible... They couldnt be bothered to so much as add the different factors to hashsets or something to make the mutually exclusive ones not show up together?  Mleh.  Feels like the sort of thing I would have made in high school with a graphing calculator.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 12:24:30 am »

Yeah, some of them seem entertaining enough to be worth it though if you modify the contradicting bits.

Supersnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Woodcrafter Competant Leatherworker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 01:02:32 am »

"A grand keg/duck/beehive made of microcline in a terrifying rocky wasteland!"

accessory: water moat
accessory:
megabeasts:
relations_with_other_civs: donate all artifacts to your civilisation
restriction: no weapon traps
restriction: Once a year, a random dwarf dies

May those of the wasteland tremble in fear! 

Also do I get bonus points if I pike the dwarf in front of my main entrance?
Personally, I like it because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
If murdering parents in front of their kids in the most gruesome manner possible is too much for you, you have not played Dwarf Fortress
You should be drowning babies by now, human.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 01:24:44 am »

Honestly, if that bug/feature to remove the keg while leaving the contents behind still works, you deserve as many points as you want for building the enormous keg and filling it.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 01:34:10 am »

Honestly, if that bug/feature to remove the keg while leaving the contents behind still works, you deserve as many points as you want for building the enormous keg and filling it.
As far as I know, booze cannot form a 1/7 tile, much less a 7/7 tile. Which, while in itself is unfortunate, is easily worked around by flooding the place with water and then adding the booze to it. True, it's watered-down booze (or, to be more precise - boozed-down water) - but it would count, I think.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 03:35:45 am »

I guess that works for me then. Let it stand as a glorious monument to dwarven drinking!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5