Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Evil Genius 2! EVIL HARDER! Turn 21 now up!  (Read 46569 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius 2! EVIL HARDER!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 05:20:55 am »

Lord Silver returns! This evil Mad Scientist has many moments of evil Eureka, which is fitting, as he is the head of E.vil V.iolent E.xtreme L.ords, an old organization that has came out of retirement to show these newcomers how to do it! While old defeats have driven away many minions, leaving only a single scientist and four flunkies to serve the cause, Evil is never defeated, it merely lies in wait! And with recent successful robberies, leveraging into $5,000 in nice untraceable cash as well as 100 pounds of resources to do his bidding, the lurking EVIL under the abandoned subway station in London will once again hold the world in fear! Even if he must wait on a list for the needed funding, he will never be stopped by the puny forces of good!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:54:09 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 05:29:26 am »

Generally speaking i'm not going to give you wildly useless tech. Or tech thats a 1.5 to your 2. Thats the purpose of the tiering system. I would have to say that in the event you've already unlocked Arc Rifles, and the random roll throws up Laser Rifles as your next unlock I'd probably reroll that.

Now as far as researching in other disciplines that arent your primary one? They'll still have generally useful gear. Certainly it might not be as powerful, or support you in the same way, but thats why different fields exist.  I'm sure Chemistry wont hand out the violent beatdown like Physics will.  Robotics will offer support options that are costly, but stronger than the passive boosts of Biology. Will every tech unlocked  be useful forever? Probably not. But thats because eventually someone will outpace it and acquire better tier items that fill the same roll. The Laser rifle is fine early on. The Arc Rifle is in every way better. Does this make the laser rifle useless and safely ignored till someone gets Arc Rifles? Not remotely.

In addition I might actually get off my ass and introduce combo techs this game (X Physics + Y Chemistry = Cool Thing). But dont hold your breath.

As far as the tech tree goes, I am of course always looking for suggestions. This is pretty much just the alpha stage of the game. Hailfire and (I believe) Happery gave some wonderful suggestions. And many of those were incorporated.
---
Also Happ? Forces of Justice. Not forces of Good. But close enough!
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 05:39:23 am »

EVIL verses Good sounds better then then EVIL verses Justice.  :P

And yes, I gave some suggestions, even if I foolishly forgot to save a copy of them so now I can't remember what half of them are.. I suggest the Void Shield, for example, as a gravitic shield that diverted incoming attacks either into space through teleportation or into a spare infinity by messing with gravity. I forgot which. Well, unless you already had that name idea before it showed up in the last game. I'm pretty sure I suggested the deployable cover as well, and some pheromone based stuff I don't recall the details on, but that's all I can remember.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 05:41:33 am »

How well does Computer Science work as a field of study? And should I put in an application now or what?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 10:33:21 am »

Oh yes. I enjoyed this so damn much. Please, waitlist me.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 10:34:57 am »

Waitlist.
I read through the entire first one.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 10:47:00 am »

well i hope that there is sometime somewhere a spot open XP

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 11:07:03 am »

Ugh... chances becoming remote, but I'm wanting in! Waitlist! Will work out my stuff in the meantime methinks! SO good to see it back even if I don't make the cut ^^

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 11:09:24 am »

Posting to watch.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 11:20:45 am »

For possible scienes. How about Quantum/nuclear/nano mechanics. ( Basically a science that works with everything that is very small. Possible unlocks are fusion and nanites and all the fancy SF stuff)

And or geology( Dig for gold, minerals, old tombs, alien artefacts. Reactivate vulcanos. Learn to manipulate the weather.)

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 02:18:58 pm »

Please add me to the waitlist.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 02:20:55 pm »

Waitlist!

Also, I just had to...

Mmmmmm...

Hard Evil.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 02:49:55 pm »

Im gonna go ahead and say it now - Without a character idea, you're not getting listed (unless you've played before)

Why? Because we've had too many problems in the past of people generally just not paying attention to what they needed to do to -start- let alone once they were playing. Since we're also limiting this run to 5-6 players to begin with - This is not a first come first serve effort. We will be picking based on their character ideas. We're doing these runs with a purpose and want constructive playing done.

So everyone on the list or wanting on the list needs a character started - We're giving it a while before we start so everyone has time.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 02:58:42 pm »

Oh HELL YES.  Please waitlist me so hard that everyone else falls off eagerly anticipate my sheet.

I'll come up with a char sheet very shortly.

Can we come up with our own archetypes suggestions?  I still like my old Frontline Leader idea.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 03:02:15 pm »

This is not a first come first serve effort. We will be picking based on their character ideas.
!

And now I'm concerned that what I wanted to play isn't interesting enough.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18