Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ludum Dare #23 - 48-hour game making competition  (Read 1148 times)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Ludum Dare #23 - 48-hour game making competition
« on: April 20, 2012, 04:15:11 am »

Ludum Dare #23 is this weekend, anyone else entering?

I've seen a lot of game dev threads in this forum, so come on!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:16:43 am by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Ludum Dare #23 - 48-hour game making competition
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:03:13 am »

I'll wait to see what the theme is. If it's something I like such as evolution, maybe. If not, I may wind up just picking my own theme and making something for myself anyway xD

Or maybe if it's one room, since I could easily make a scripted little horror game from that. You know, the last man sits in a room alone, their is a lock on the door.

I'd stream but I'm still stuck using my cruddy netbook :( I'll definitely do the August one though, streams and everything.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:28:07 pm by MorleyDev »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:38:06 pm »

I'm going to participate, but I will be entering the jam rather than the competition -- I find the competition's restrictions on asset reuse and the requirement that the source code be posted too onerous. I still intend to finish in 48 hours.

I will be recording a time lapse video with picture-in-picture webcam, which I will post to youtube afterward.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:00:07 pm »

Theme is... 'tiny world'.

I guess neither the dare nor the jam accepts console programs? xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 08:00:57 pm »

Awesome, now I must sleep! It's 2am here. Maybe I'll dream a good design or something since I'm a code monkey and not a game designer -_-

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:09:24 am »

After starting both a card game and a text adventure, I got tired of both concepts and bailed out half way through. Of all my vices, a refusal to quit isn't one of them. ;)

Since I was filming a time-lapse, but didn't finish the challenge, I'll probably compile the video and just watch it for my own edification.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 04:06:05 am »

I finished an entry: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=7041

Post mortem etc to follow.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 08:25:21 am »

Me and some buddies are doing a group jam.
So technically we have until tonight to finish it.
It is pretty awesome. I'll post a link when it's done.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile