_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5796361 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Elisaz gonna get pasted!))

Save the stuff for now, then join into the Milno HMRC Mission Training Sim.

Equipment: MkI Suit, Microwave Field Amplifier.

((Also, I notice that the Character list hasn't been updated much, a bunch of people are missing.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Uhhhh. I'mleavingdon'tkillmeplease!"

GTFO. Retreat to my rifle, and read the manual.
You slip away as the armory master yells at Eli, run all the way back to the rec room. You look behind you once you get there, see  no wall of fire or horrible death, and relax. You sit down and read the manual a bit. It's like it's written for a 5 year old, plenty of giant pictures and big text. Still, it will probably help.

Thomas tries to find the equation of resistance to thruster power.
[int 6-1] You realize that rather then trying to find some sort of universal equation to follow for the sake of drilling, it would probably be better to simply attach some sort of computer to control both the thrusters and the drill speed, keeping them both at the proper levels.

((@GM Huh? Are those some different charging circuits, or you have changed your mind about their price?
I mean,
The circuits are 2 for a token.
is that info obsolete now?
Also, if I put the document as a separate message and just keep track of it/update it when needed (by myself), would that be okay?))
Return to tinker for a moment. Try making a spike bayonet (of harder than steel materials, if needed) and fixing it to the pulse rifle. Test the effectiveness of the weapon, and estimate the bayonet's cost if effective (able to penetrate Mk I suit). Exit the simulation and join comrade Milno's Training Session.
Equipment: Mk I suit, pulse rifle (with fixed bayonet, if it proved useful in the tests).

EDIT: ((Oh, you explicitly stated that it would be done via the VRs. Pffft.))
Pretty much just changed my mind about their price. I'm still struggling to balance about a million different numbers and factors in everything so things may get cheaper, more expensive or just disappear all together if they break the game or something.

A more high tech knife like Jim's cleaver (which could hack right through a mk I, maybe even puncture the solid metal helmet a bit, would be about 1-2 token and could totally be fit to the the rifle as a bayonet, where it would be as effective as a real bayonet is against a real person.

You join Milno in his vr simulation and wait to see if anyone else shows up. (I dunno if he is gonna chose your equipment or not, but until he says so, assume you have that stuff.)

((Elisaz got away with a slap on the wrist! Now he just has to remember not to ever call her cutie, shorty or say anything non-related to weapons.))
I don't like straight out murdering players with non-hostile npc's. Tearing limbs off, sure, but not straight out killing. But I will do it. I just want it to take a reasonable amount of persistence and bad ideas on the part of the player. And now Eli is one comment about her ass away from being pudding. 

((Elisaz gonna get pasted!))

Save the stuff for now, then join into the Milno HMRC Mission Training Sim.

Equipment: MkI Suit, Microwave Field Amplifier.

((Also, I notice that the Character list hasn't been updated much, a bunch of people are missing.))
You switch over to Milno's simulation.

(I'll try to fix that now by making up a text document with everyone on it and uploading that here. Otherwise it's just too freaking big.)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Okay, we all knew such things were subject to change from the very beginning  :) .
Also, not a knife bayonet. Spike bayonet, allowing better puncturing attacks as well as adding more of the weight of the body to the strike. Not that it would change anything, really (apart from preventing me from using it to cut things), so it's probably just about flavour.
Also, do I understand it right that it is not possible to pierce things with the monorazor, due to it being just a string on a handle and having no sharp tip? ))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:36:11 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't like straight out murdering players with non-hostile npc's. Tearing limbs off, sure, but not straight out killing. But I will do it. I just want it to take a reasonable amount of persistence and bad ideas on the part of the player. And now Eli is one comment about her ass away from being pudding. 
((Yeah, I know, and it is adequate. No one can complain it was unfair, after all.))

Milno finishes summoning an attachment to his helmet - which at the moment is simply a piece of metal shaped as a honey badger's maxilla analogue, and will soon be adapted to spill nerve gas - and hails the incoming voluntaries.
"Hello. In this training session, which I hope is joined by at least one more individual, you will be presented with a taste of what the HMRC members have to face. It will be nice for you to understand that being stupid is simply suicidal, and get all of the Bastards' chance of survival higher. You may keep your custom-made equipment by the way, fanboy. It does not seem overly expensive."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

After Thomas finishes the drill, he also joins Milnos training session.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

That was the point of custom-making it after all, comrade. Also, I have already heard that name - 'the Bastards'. Judging by what you said, it might be either the name of our unit, or of a group among our ranks - presumably elite, consisting of veterans. Care to tell which of the guesses is true?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno sits cross-legged and just watches his datapad.
"I guess three is enough. Newcomer, pick your equipment, up to 5 tokens. If anyone else joins, I'll add them as you explore the path ahead. Ah, and you are not getting my assistance by the way. This is more of an eye-opener. Good luck."

He also looks at the fanboy and giggles.
"The Bastards is the group of the people with more missions than zero. Until then, the rest are just common bastards."

((I am probably off for some time from the computer, but I am PMing the GM with all the things the hall will have.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

It's a pity the only equipment I designed isn't for me, and only a veteran could afford it anyways. I'm not quite sure how I would mod a field manipulator, though. They'll probably end up being the weapon I use most.

Shrug, then make a slight modification:

MkI suit: Pitch black, dark green highlights. Any HMRC stuff a dark red.

There, now at least I don't look like the rest of you.

Visor down, light amps on. See what's at the end of the tunnel.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Having nothing else to do, Empyrean enters the VR thingy. Punch in settings so that she is simulated with having full strength.

"..."

Hmm, that was a useless waste of a perfectly functional pair of quotation marks.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Ready the pulse rifle and look around the place. Turn the light amps on, if needed. Recognize the comrades and remember the colors and the outlines of their suits. If anything other than them moves, shoot it - that is the absolute maxim for the rest of the mission to follow.
Truly, bless the mind too small for doubt.
Nikitian glanced the tip of the bayonet and felt the familiar beat start drumming in his head.
Just like the old times, only better.
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Well, at least I know someone in here other than our... hmm, I guess you could call him a Game Master, as he is in charge of this "Game".

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Yes, that name suits.
Oh, and you're the fourth? Good to have one more comrade to rely upon if needed.
So - moving out, I suppose?
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Moving out to what, exactly? My light amps haven't activated yet, I'm basically blind. ((We haven't been told what we can see.))

Also, I think you should take point, when we do move out. My best weapon is my field amp, the hand laser is for backup, I'm not too good with conventional stuff like that.

Second mod: Equipment: Hand Laser. ((I can afford it and we haven't technically started.))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:12:00 pm by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Well, yes.
Also, I can surely take point, if you say so. I would, however, suggest that that comrade standing over there with nothing in her arms yet should also stand at the front - judging by the size of her bulging muscles she might be able to tear enemies apart bare-handed. Oh, and that's a compliment, ma'am, so take no offence.

((Also probably going off for a couple of hours soon. Hopefully by that time someone would be able to take the lead so that I could just basically follow him/her and shoot bad things on sight  :P ))
Past Sigs

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((I love the recent turn of events. Go AM!

And, yes. Congrats for the Hall, piecewise!))
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 2101