_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5783176 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: I told you.
« Reply #12255 on: February 25, 2013, 11:30:38 pm »

Repair it is. Begin repair of brain tissue, new eyes, and also the regrowth of lips, ears, and nose.

((Don't want to spend another turn just talking...

And thanks for the diagram. Always wondered how the Wrec room looks like. Where is the kitchen? How many are still alive? and how many are still able to fight? The last two are actually more for those fighting, as I haven't read the start of the battle and before in detail.))

The doctor jams a syringe into your neck.

"Ah, so thats how that wooaaahaa"

You pass out.

At once fair lady...
oh by the way could you activate one of those bat-copters and send it my way? i wanna have it hover up on the roof there and track Ivan's position.

hand the armory master one token for a bat-copter
move over to the tables and overturn one to use as cover then try to fire several one second long pulses at Ivan's face and legs.
If i cant get a clear shot cautiously begin dragging our wounded (except the wounded guy at Ivan's feet) behind the table to hopefully keep them alive a bit longer.

Also if ivan manages to grapple me without instakilling me or destroying my rifle stick it in his mouth, pull the trigger and swish it around a bit

You turn back toward the Armory master to ask her for a bot but she just kinda pushes you back into the room.

Set in your path, you just decide to open fire on Ivan.

[con:1]
You clank your way over to the tables and flip one over. That done, you take aim at Ivan. Or at least you try. Your helmet is kind of in the way. You try to shift your helmet a bit while holding your weapon in the crook of you arm. And then one of the edges of your armor plates catches the trigger. And now you've shot yourself in the knee.
[end:6-1]
You take hissing breaths between your teeth and lean on the table, muttering a stream of swears under your breath.

The armory master is laughing her damn head off.

"Can everyone not wearing a suit please get away from Ivan, the bullets I shot him with have a toxic residue."
Victor fires two shots at Ivan. The first is aimed at Ivan's head. The second is aimed at his legs, he will aim specifically for any leg wound that he can see, if not, he'll just try and hit a leg joint. He then remotely links his turret's camera feed to the wristpads of every HMRC inmate that isn't Ivan (including the ones on the mission if possible). If Ivan attacks the turret, Victor will detonate the magazine at the last possible moment.
[24/30]

You accidentally tap the aiming stick  and the rifle spins while firing. You manage to put a round directly into the ground next to Denzel, who bursts into flames and begins to half melt, half dissolve.

exhale audibly once, then with eyes narrowed, head held slightly higher but still not level, movements slightly faster and more abrupt, with a slight frown on my face,
proceed to the right-side doors, opening them using the same procedure as with the left-side doors
(( Actually, I think it is Piecewise's success at narrating this fight that makes us cheer for Ivan. I mean, before this post I maybe thought of Ivan as 'bizarre' or 'scary' but I'd never even consider to apply term 'sexy' to an eldritch demon. Stupid awesome GM. ))

With a slightly amused smile, Maurice increased his speed a tiny bit as well, following Lyra as she continued opening the doors.
Continue being a sidekick.

First door: A sign reading "They took the little ones first. You could smell them burning that night."

Second door: A man in a set of clothes that keeps changing continuously. His face crunches and cracks as it changes with them. He looks right at you and smiles. 

"They never found me."

Third door: This door leads to another path with doors on either side. There are 32 doors on each side.

Fourth door: Only darkness.

Seeing a familiar, technical problem, Anton relaxes a bit. Making sure the laser won't discharge into any bystanders, he starts working on the Red Hand.

"Hm, this might actually be easy. Just need to get the power ratio right..."

Safety on. Take the battery out and rig the handlaser to work off the generator. Watch the power ratio, be careful not to burn out the laser.

[handi:5+1]

You get it rigged up just fine. At least...you think it's just fine.

Shoot Ivan once I can see him.
OH GOD FIRE OH GOD OH GOD

((I wonder if our newly initiated necromancer can contact the casualties of this battle. Michael might not be that useful but if Morul is able to use his goggle vision or formulate a strategy even after he is killed, that would be very useful.))
((I would suspect that I somehow need the brain turned into that neon mist, which wouldn't be healthy for resurrection efforts.))
"Pipe down for a bit you guys, okay? Say, any of you good with amps? Think you can help me use mine to kill that altered? I'm thinking layering extreme heat and cold throughout his body, a centimeter heat, a centimeter cold, repeat as needed."
Speak with those ghosts. Enact plan Layer Cake whether they can help me or not.

If I can hear Michael against expectations, try to ascertain the likelihood of getting to him, fetching his head, and making it back to the door.

"No! it will make him notice us!"

"It won't kill him, it will just make him angry."

"You don't have the willpower, son."

"No, use the ball!"

"The black ball, the one with the button."

"What black ball, what is that?"

"From before your time. I was there when they got it. There were dozens of them."

"Would it let us kill That thing?"

"Maybe"

"Maybe."

"It asks a question."

"No wrong answer."

"Answer careful though. Or else."

"Do it."

"DO IT!"

[will:3]

You forget your plan for a second and pull out the ball instead. You look at it, conflicted. You feel like you should...or is it that they feel like you should?

Keep shooting Ivan, aim at his legs. If he shifts his attention to me, move over to the turret.
[con:2]
You join the increasing number of people who are flailing at things this turn.
Shoot agian at Ivan. twice. even if he dies. with Laser rifle.

((would of the bolt action actually do something had it been a 5?))
[Ivan dex:4+3]
[dex:1]
[Ivan str:5+2]
[end:3+1]

You start to switch from your bolt action to your Laser when Ivan, no longer on fire, almost completely covered in the liquid armor, looks in your direction. One of the Large spines on his back twitches and then jerks out of his back on a muscular tentacle. It coils itself like a snake before lashing across the room. The spike tears a trail through the  ceiling as it comes down, cracking like a razorblade bullwhip and tearing You clean in half with a diagonal blow.

This turn went poorly for you all, didn't it?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: February 25, 2013, 11:37:13 pm »

((SCORES!
HMRC: 7-3
Ivan: 9
eval: great shooting guys, just great. love it when you are more lethal to allies than enemies.))

((seriously, i think that is close to a record for worst turn of (conventional)shooting in ER. two friendly fire incidents, zero hits.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: February 25, 2013, 11:42:11 pm »

At once fair lady...
oh by the way could you activate one of those bat-copters and send it my way? i wanna have it hover up on the roof there and track Ivan's position.

hand the armory master one token for a bat-copter
move over to the tables and overturn one to use as cover then try to fire several one second long pulses at Ivan's face and legs.
If i cant get a clear shot cautiously begin dragging our wounded (except the wounded guy at Ivan's feet) behind the table to hopefully keep them alive a bit longer.

Also if ivan manages to grapple me without instakilling me or destroying my rifle stick it in his mouth, pull the trigger and swish it around a bit

You turn back toward the Armory master to ask her for
a bot but she just kinda pushes you back into the room.

Set in your path, you just decide to open fire on Ivan.

You clank your way over to the tables and flip one over.
That done, you take aim at Ivan. Or at least you try. Your
helmet is kind of in the way. You try to shift your helmet
a bit while holding your weapon in the crook of you arm.
And then one of the edges of your armor plates catches
the trigger. And now you've shot yourself in the knee.
[end:6-1]
You take hissing breaths between your teeth and lean
on the table, muttering a stream of swears under your
breath.

The armory master is laughing her damn head off.

Stats: 4 str, 3 dex, 5 end, 0 cha, 5 int, 3 will

Shouldnt that end roll be a plain old 6?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: February 25, 2013, 11:45:03 pm »

((Only a 15 is a straight +1. A 5 is just a 1/3 chance.

edit: oh, you mean the penalty. No clue about that.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: February 25, 2013, 11:47:36 pm »

((Well, when I assumed that Ivan would ruin your shit, I didn't think you'd just ruin your own shit.

Also, that flask is awesome.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: February 25, 2013, 11:55:00 pm »

(You get 20 points to put in at the start and 5
for every successful mission. Every 5 points in
any skill is a extra 1/3 chance of a +1, so every
15 points you get a +1 in related rolls. Having
less then 3 in a stat means -1 on rolls)

I think he must have tead my stats as dex 5, End 0, cha 5 instead of 3 dex, 5 end, 0 cha
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12261 on: February 26, 2013, 12:07:21 am »

I think he must have tead my stats as dex 5, End 0, cha 5 instead of 3 dex, 5 end, 0 cha

Probably, yeah. I still haven't put all the new people in my nice cheat sheet format because you haven't been on a mission yet.

Speaking of missions, this next two missions (two at the same time, yes) will be something new and interesting!

The first is going to be a five man mission, and only those with powerful wills need apply.

The second is going to be a 10-15 man mission, is going to be mostly autonomous and is going to last quite a long time in game.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: February 26, 2013, 12:28:32 am »

((wait a second... *checks own character sheet*))
((apparently i can't count to twenty with my shoes on. mind knocking my cha down by 1 point pw? i apparently spent 21 points.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: February 26, 2013, 12:51:35 am »

realize shooting myself in the knee didnt do any real damage, resume firing 1 second pulses at ivan.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: February 26, 2013, 01:18:24 am »

after closing the last door, turn towards Maurice, shrug, shake my head horizontally once, and make a large sweeping horizontal gesture with my right arm, palm up, beginning the arc with my arm pointed vaguely towards the door farthest to my left side and ending roughly towards the door farthest too my right.
Then allow my right arm to fall back to my side and look up, vaguely over Maurice's right shoulder, my head tilted slightly to the right, with my mouth just barely open.
after two seconds slowly look back down and to the right, roughly at Maurice's left foot, head still tilted to the right, mouth still resting just barely open.

((all references to where i'm looking assume Maurice is facing me, if he is not, where i look is unchanged, simply mirror the references so right is left and so on))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: February 26, 2013, 02:44:24 am »

((Hmm, I am in a dillema with myself wether I'll join the fight with Ivan once we get back on board. On one hand, it's your own fault for angering him. But on the other, it looks like you guys need all the help you can get.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: February 26, 2013, 02:57:48 am »

((I think the AM will wait until everyone present for the fight is incapacitated, and then just turn Ivan into a graphite statue.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: February 26, 2013, 03:02:14 am »

According to the mission thread we have to survive for 56 minutes before you even get back so chances are either we will be dead or he will.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: February 26, 2013, 03:12:10 am »

((I think the AM will wait until everyone present for the fight is incapacitated, and then just turn Ivan into a graphite statue.))

Or just continue laughing at our failures
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: February 26, 2013, 03:14:27 am »

((Well, there'd be no point laughing if there's nobody to laugh at, so once everyone is out of the fight, she'll just end it. At least I think she will. Or the Doctor will, probably by capturing Ivan to use for later experiments.))

Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 2101