_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5786087 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12975 on: March 06, 2013, 11:52:29 am »

To Flint Westwood:
Dunno about that.

I say one token for two pistols and all 20 rounds. How's that sounding? And I'll need that loan.
Quote from: Flint Westwood
Hmmm... You know, I'm barely breaking even here. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that... but I'll try my best. Customer first and all that.

And about the loan, how much? With how things are shaping up right now I should be able to offer up to three tokens.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12976 on: March 06, 2013, 11:58:26 am »

To Flint Westwood:
So is it a yes or a no? Because if it's a yes, I'll be picking them up right now.

The loan? The same one token I'm buying the pistols with. Technically, I don't have any tokens right now, so I can't actually buy it without a loan.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12977 on: March 06, 2013, 12:09:38 pm »

To Flint Westwood:
So is it a yes or a no? Because if it's a yes, I'll be picking them up right now.

The loan? The same one token I'm buying the pistols with. Technically, I don't have any tokens right now, so I can't actually buy it without a loan.
Quote from: Flint Westwood
That's some Ponzi scheme you got there mister. If I didn't know better I'd say you were a banker.

I'd suggest buying a hand laser with the token instead, but whatever floats your boat. I guess the chance of dual wielding pistols, pretending you're in bullet time, is too much to give up, isn't it? He he he.

Okay, it's a deal. Come to the armory master's kiosk and we'll make the exchange. Just make sure you stay alive down there.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:15:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12978 on: March 06, 2013, 12:32:28 pm »

To Flint Westwood:
Never said I planned to use them, right? I'm actually an amp user, he he he. The pistols are to deceive.
Snap out of whatever I am doing right now and go to the armory and get two gauss pistols, 20 ammo. +1 token to my debt

Since we're at it, why not also get a rope from the Armory and some normal casual clothes. (I'm thinking something like t-shirt some other type of shirt, and jeans or pants.) Don't put it on, just add them to my quantum storage.

((Am I the only one thinking that being in debt is a good way to make people want me to stay alive? If I had some foresight, I'd have borrowed from someone going with me on a mission, not Jim.

Also, some trivia. If you decided to banter, you could have dragged me down to one pistol and five rounds. As in any trade negotiation, I've set my initial mark higher then I expected to settle for.))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:06:55 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12979 on: March 06, 2013, 12:55:45 pm »

(Yeah, but Paris seems to be the only other person nice/trusting enough to loan tokens, so it's not like you're spoiled for choice. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12980 on: March 06, 2013, 01:04:32 pm »

(Yeah, but Paris seems to be the only other person nice/trusting enough to loan tokens, so it's not like you're spoiled for choice. :P)
((Yeah, IC I'm only trying to help a fellow teammate. And make sure the equipment I salvaged doesn't go to waste. I didn't even thought of bargaining. All I'm asking for is a fair price.))

And (although Flint would normally never do that IC) the fine print allows me to loot your corpse after death. That means that if your brain gets destroyed but the rest of your equipment is salvageable I will actually have made profit. And I'm sure I can find some good IC excuse for looting your body after death.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12981 on: March 06, 2013, 01:20:24 pm »

((Yeah, IC I'm only trying to help a fellow teammate. And make sure the equipment I salvaged doesn't go to waste. I didn't even thought of bargaining. All I'm asking for is a fair price.))

And (although Flint would normally never do that IC) the fine print allows me to loot your corpse after death. That means that if your brain gets destroyed but the rest of your equipment is salvageable I will actually have made profit. And I'm sure I can find some good IC excuse for looting your body after death.
((Hey, I'm not complaining. And my only equipment right now is my amp (not lootable), my exoskeleton (will probably be destroyed if I die,) and the pistols which were yours anyway. That may change, but I'll take the risk.

Nice one on transparent font. I even freaked out a little before reading it when I begun reading the quote when making this reply. I did read the fine print of the agreement.))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:22:18 pm by Thearpox »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12982 on: March 06, 2013, 01:29:15 pm »

((Ohhh, but you misread my quote. I'm going to loot your equipment AND your body. I'm going to get the doctor to build me some hellish steed out of your organic matter, he he he. So, you were saying that being in debt is good incentive for the loaner to keep you alive?

So don't go falling into a gravity seep.

And you can thank Karnewarrior for showing me that trick through one of his posts. Or is that "I should thank Karnewarrior"? Bah, language is confusing.))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:31:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12983 on: March 06, 2013, 01:37:26 pm »

((Ohhh, but you misread my quote. I'm going to loot your equipment AND your body. I'm going to get the doctor to build me some hellish steed out of your organic matter, he he he. So, you were saying that being in debt is good incentive for the loaner to keep you alive?

And you can thank Karnewarrior for showing me that trick through one of his posts. Or is that "I should thank Karnewarrior"? Bah, language is confusing.))
((Huh, that's some interesting shenanigans you pulled off. You better not point it out to my character. If he doesn't kill you, he will just find somebody else to beg tokens off to give you the debt back. And then he'll kill you.

PS: Who says I'm worried? Because I am not.))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:21:08 pm by Thearpox »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12984 on: March 06, 2013, 01:45:02 pm »

((Huh, that's some interesting shenanigans you pulled off. You better not point it out to my character. If he doesn't kill you, he will just find somebody else to beg tokens off to give you the debt back. And then he'll kill you.))
((Don't worry, I'm not enough of a jerk to intentionally kill you. (Plus, I'm sure Jim would crush me into a flaming tin can the moment he found out that I killed you.) If anything I'll probably try my best to save your character in any situation. Both because it's the right thing to do morally, because it's the right thing to do IC (Flint is a nice guy if you haven't noticed) and because in a completely selfish mindset the more missions one survives the better he becomes and the higher the chances they will help the group survive.

But it's always nice to have contingencies. Protect my investment. That sort of thing. If I can't keep you alive, might as well profit from your death.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12985 on: March 06, 2013, 02:12:12 pm »

((Pareidolia?))
((Actually, as I thought of it again, no, pareidolia is but a case of what I'm talking about; it is, uhh, the habit of humans to believe in things (in the most general sense) coupled with their tendency to jump to conclusions. In short, that which differs humans as intelligent subjects from mindless sensors with memory capacity in terms of registering and processing information.
I'm sure that modern science and/or philosophy have a name for what I'm talking about, but unfortunately I don't know it.))
Summon more doors.
Think about the role of belief (in the most general sense) in human history. Compare my findings to the words of 'Feyri'.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12986 on: March 06, 2013, 02:20:31 pm »

From the 3 gauss pistols I have, take the one that's in best shape and put it in my backpack. Take all off the other gauss pistol ammo out off their cartridges and keep them with me too.
Then go to the AM and ask her what she would give for the remaining 2 gauss pistols and the civ gaus rifle.
Then confirm my request for building the cameyes into Gilgamesh and pay the nice lady who is drowning in men by now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:24:00 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12987 on: March 06, 2013, 02:23:06 pm »

((Apophenia?))

look at the area the door that started to appear and then faded back away was in, attempt to make it show itself

if the door does not show itself, attempt to make a door back to the VERY start point of this maze, the room with only one door.
if the door shows itself (either one), stand to one side of it, open it without framing myself in the doorway, and see what is on the other side without going through it.

((edit: nah, that's probably not what you meant.))

((edit2: adding an extra action after an if : then))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:15:18 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12988 on: March 06, 2013, 02:50:33 pm »

((@Lenglon
Spoiler: More of it (click to show/hide)
... Aaand I see that I probably came overboard with generalising the idea of putting faces in the clouds, but hopefully it would be good for at least something. Sorry if I caused much confusion in you with all these ramblings. ))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:57:49 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12989 on: March 06, 2013, 03:30:43 pm »

((@Lenglon
Spoiler: More of it (click to show/hide)
... Aaand I see that I probably came overboard with generalising the idea of putting faces in the clouds, but hopefully it would be good for at least something. Sorry if I caused much confusion in you with all these ramblings. ))
(( overboard? probably. it's not too general to follow, but i think you're abstracting too far from too little data.

i see our options as: spawn more doors with random content (which may not work), or attempt to interact with what doors are here right now (which is dangerous). so you're trying to make more doors for us to look at, and i'm trying to interact with the one piece of our current environment we haven't fiddled with yet. if we both fail, then i think we'll have little choice but to pick one of the three doors and step through.

there are two things that have me confused, the first one i already asked you about but you didn't understand the question, and the second...))

"The first door, why?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 2101