_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5785208 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #24945 on: May 22, 2014, 06:12:06 am »

And yeah, you could do it, though it would be difficult. Creating distinct, specific mechanical and chemical devices is about the edge of human capacity, so I'd make sure you're good and ready before doing so.

In that case, could I please use my 1 prototype grant for this? I'd give the thrower to the AM so she can do the modifications to it, and modify the 2 namite canister I have now so they fit on the new launcher. Next to that, could I get 1 or 2 canisters of goop mix and a spray bottle of dissolvant?

-snip-
"Very good. Well, I'll be honest: I called you because I'm always looking for people who might serve as good commanders, and you just might have what it takes. So I make you an offer: I will follow your progress, maybe try to give some advice or guidance when it's needed. Be warned though, I can be a tough person to please. You made a good point on those sods though.

So, what do you say? You willing to give it a shot? I won't think any less of you if hou say no, or if tou need time to consider."
"Alright. I'll give it a shot, and I'll try not to disappoint you."

Amp in head, rifle, tokens, and anklet in locker, SWAT gear and body in shuttle!
Also grab the MkI if the SWAT gear doesn't include a uniform/body armor, for some reason.

"Excellent.

Now, there's a good chance you won't be the 'natural leader' for this mission, seeing as how there are people with more veterancy going. That doesn't mean you won't have to do anything though. Keeping your unit coherent, rooting out quarrels between troopers before they have a chance to fester, and coming up with a plan when you hit a dead end, are all things I expect you to do this mission. It won't be easy, but if you ever want your comrades to trust you in leading them, then you will have to go beyond what you think you're capable of.

Next to that, I'm giving you two specific assignments:
-at the end of this mission, you will come to me, and if there's time we will go over it and see what went right, and what could have gone better. And maybe go over that hostage fiasco from the boarding.
-next, you will take this gun. It's a combo namite/sticky goop launcher. You don't have to use it yourself, you can give it to a teammate if you want, but at the end of the mission I want it back, and I want a detailed review of it. Call it a test of your analytical skills, as well as a field test of this thing.

You think you can handle these tasks?"

Give my upgraded thrower to Hasala, as well as the two canisters of namite and all the goop and dissolvant I get from Steve/the AM. If Steve won't fund my project, give him the namite thrower and 2 cannisters anyway.

Oh, and if anyone on either team B or C needs the shard launcher, that person can loan it as well.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:37:00 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24946 on: May 22, 2014, 06:17:27 am »

BRING IT ONNNN.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24947 on: May 22, 2014, 06:21:05 am »

And Team C, Either I can remove 3 from your ranks or you can accept that I'll make the mission harder to compensate.

Your choice.

((Better to remove 3, I think. 13 people is too many for a single mission, as people will have less to do individually in that event.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24948 on: May 22, 2014, 06:28:15 am »

Pan, in his shiny new synthflesh body, heads over to hangar bay. Once there, he sees Miya talking to someone he doesn't recognize

"Man, everything feels so effortless."
"Like you'd even know what effort feels like"

"Yo dawg, how's everything going? Feeling ready to get your shiny metal ass frozen off?"

"Do I sound different to you?"
"Well yeah, you don't sound sound like a malfunctioning happy meal toy anymore."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24949 on: May 22, 2014, 06:29:57 am »

Pan, in his shiny new synthflesh body, heads over to hangar bay. Once there, he sees Miya talking to someone he doesn't recognize

"Man, everything feels so effortless."
"Like you'd even know what effort feels like"

"Yo dawg, how's everything going? Feeling ready to get your shiny metal ass frozen off?"

"Do I sound different to you?"
"Well yeah, you don't sound sound like a malfunctioning happy meal toy anymore."

"Maybe not, it seems the shuttles are getting overcrowded, might be sitting this one out. How about you? Ready to go bash some heads in?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24950 on: May 22, 2014, 06:40:13 am »

"Please, like I'd resort to such barbaric methods. I'll just boil their heads. Can't really bash things until I get a melee weapon anyway. I just hope our magic calculator newbies can contain themselves and not blow up the entire city, you know?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24951 on: May 22, 2014, 06:45:08 am »

Lerman slides over.

"I have to ask, what's it like, being inside machines 24/7?"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24952 on: May 22, 2014, 06:46:07 am »

"Please, like I'd resort to such barbaric methods. I'll just boil their heads. Can't really bash things until I get a melee weapon anyway. I just hope our magic calculator newbies can contain themselves and not blow up the entire city, you know?"
"Hah, good luck with that. It seems causing excess damage with space magic is our official sport or something.

That synthflesh is quite good at bashing though, you should try it. Should only be some cultists anyway, so if they give you trouble, bam, fist through their spleen."

Lerman slides over.

"I have to ask, what's it like, being inside machines 24/7?"
"Wait, who are you exactly?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24953 on: May 22, 2014, 06:49:21 am »

"Lerman. I got gangpressed into service a year before the siege. So, back to question, what does it feel like? Good? Bad? Nothing? Wet socks?"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24954 on: May 22, 2014, 06:56:37 am »

"Eh, I'll probably get to bash a door or a wall in. 'Sides, we don't know if the cultists are actually hostile yet.

I mean, they probably are. But a man can dream, right?"

"Lerman. I got gangpressed into service a year before the siege. So, back to question, what does it feel like? Good? Bad? Nothing? Wet socks?"
"Doesn't feel much different to my old body to me. I mean, I don't have annoying glands pumping me full of hormones and shit anymore, so I'm a bit calmer than I used to be. That's a plus. Honestly, if you don't mind not being able to eat, drink and feel, you're pretty much golden with a robobody."

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24955 on: May 22, 2014, 06:59:42 am »

((I can sit out mission C, I got tacked on at the alst minute anyway and I only just got back from the last one anyway so it's not like I haven't done stuff lately...))

Quote from: kisame
"Oh yeah? Tell ya what. Ask Steve. He's usually a reliable source of info. Better yet, ask for the footage from those missions. I'm sure he's got those saved somewhere. And buddy, you don't have to tell me how to put someone down. Someone was feeling a little squeamish, asking for tranq guns, and not wanting to kill anyone, so I told 'em to aim low."

Oh unknot your panties, I wasn't talking to you I was talking to the Rookie, and that was my point to them: don't get fancy until they know what they're doing, kneecapping is harder than it looks and use the VR to check out the footage of the old missions

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24956 on: May 22, 2014, 07:02:04 am »

"Eh, I'll probably get to bash a door or a wall in. 'Sides, we don't know if the cultists are actually hostile yet.

I mean, they probably are. But a man can dream, right?"

"Ah, the noble dreams of a pacifist. but yeah, I'd be willing to wager a neuroport that they'll be giving you shit one way or the other. So yeah, good luck with that. You can borrow my shard launcher, if you want."

"Say, do you do this often, barging into people's conversations demanding they answer your questions first?"

((you're going to have to work to get that answer, smurf  :P ))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:46:56 am by Radio Controlled »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24957 on: May 22, 2014, 07:04:10 am »

"Say boss, what do you think we will find at the South Pole? The Thing? Artifacts? Both?" Jack asks while popping his head out the top hatch.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24958 on: May 22, 2014, 07:06:12 am »

"Say boss, what do you think we will find at the South Pole? The Thing? Artifacts? Both?" Jack asks while popping his head out the top hatch.
((this to me? Cause it seems I won't be going after all, too many people.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24959 on: May 22, 2014, 07:07:25 am »

"Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Do you ever have phantom hunger pains?"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 ... 2101