Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324189 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.8) - trolls, lobsters, pastry shop.
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2012, 01:55:15 am »

Amazing suggestions, terrible names (IMHO). Thank you :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.9) - evil expansion, culinary shop.
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2012, 12:24:04 am »

Okay, so I had some free time this morning before work.

Genesis 4.9

- Renamed pastry shop to culinary shop.
- Moved fat rendering from kitchen to culinary shop.
- Moved baking and candy making reactions to culinary shop.
- Added mead cakes and mead candies to culinary shop.
- Added sausage making to the culinary shop (uses meat and intestines).
- Evil areas: added gray cairns and void stalks, pillar-looking trees.
- Evil areas: added drear husks, unedible but brewable plant.
- Evil areas: added lost souls, flying biting heads.
- Evil areas: added tar hog, chitinous boar-like creature.
- Evil areas: added mimics, skinless apes which can blend into surroundings.
- Evil areas: added soul sparks, mostly harmless flying balls of light.

It may look weird that I work with some fancy cooking reactions without expanding alchemy/metal industry first, but I have a few interesting systems which I need to flesh out, test and think through before adding in. It will come soon enough, I promise.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:17:40 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ebullient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2012, 02:20:44 am »

why are the elephants jumping oh god

Seriously though, you're working quite fast. Keep it up!
I actually managed to run a test fort yesterday (4.8.), but for some reason DF hangs when the merchants unloads on the depot. Is it just me or did anyone got the same problem?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2012, 02:32:03 am »

Can you share the save before that? It could be some error DF does not output in errorlog.txt, and a save would be good to have.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ebullient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2012, 03:52:02 am »

Sadly, I deleted it. Ran another test fort though, still on the same version, so if I encounter that again I'll notify you on that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2012, 10:49:56 am »

Okay, my merchants were fine. If it doesn't crash when they arrive, it's unlikely a material problem. It could be some DF bug after all.

I am working on a new system right now. If I go to bed late today, I may release it. It will allow you to have demons guarding your fort, as well as chosen of Armok and berserkers. And some other fun stuff too, like flesh golems and rock constructs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2012, 02:47:13 pm »

do white dragons give ice magic secrets?
If not they should...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2012, 03:24:36 pm »

If not they should...

Or healing secrets. Y'know, White Magic. That might be even more dangerous/useful than an offensive syndrome.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.10) - Dark Shrines, Sacrificial pits and more.
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2012, 04:05:55 pm »

Now the promised religion tech tree is showing its ugly face. The dark worship path has been opened. Next will be war and rock shrines, and eventually nature shrine.

- Added tweaked scorpions to deserts.
- Added "sand kings" semimegabeast scorpions.
- Added three new demons: hell hound (three headed firebreathing dog), bebilith (magmaimmune firebreathing spider) and pit fiend (winged horned humanoid with a scorpion tail who can hurl multiple fireballs and is just badass).
- Added dark summoning tech tree:
-- Dark shrine, requires 12 obsidian blocks and 4 obsidian statues.
--- "Pray to depths", low chance to get obsidian tablet, minimal chance to get black diamond or become a demon, a husk or a maniac.
-- Sacrificial pit, requires obsidian tabled.
--- "Sell Soul", 90% chance to become a husk, 100% chance to get a black diamond.
-- Summoning Circle, requires obsidian tabled.
--- Summon hell hound, costs 5 black diamonds.
--- Summon bebilith, costs 10 black diamonds.
--- Summon pit fiend, costs 15 black diamonds.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:10:16 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.10) - Dark Shrines, Sacrificial pits and more.
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2012, 04:07:35 pm »

If not they should...
They currently give out eldritch secrets, which make people wizards.

Frost magic won't actually work. The user will freeze himself before he does anything to the enemy. White dragons are immune to cold in their materials, that's why they can use it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.10) - Dark Shrines, Sacrificial pits and mor
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »

cant make ice wizards have the same thing?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2012, 10:19:57 pm »

How a bout a cat-sized Ice Slug, in the caverns, leaves a trail of frostbite-causing slime. But... hurts the FPS.
I guess the dark shrines could use Dwarf Skulls as ingredients? Can we has a reaction of "extract skull and blood from dwarf corpse". Since they're on an evil path now. Summon some IMPS too what with the dark altars.

ps. OldGenesis crashes too, it is annoying. Something the migrants bring in I think.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2012, 10:45:51 pm »

How a bout a cat-sized Ice Slug, in the caverns, leaves a trail of frostbite-causing slime. But... hurts the FPS.
I guess the dark shrines could use Dwarf Skulls as ingredients? Can we has a reaction of "extract skull and blood from dwarf corpse". Since they're on an evil path now. Summon some IMPS too what with the dark altars.

ps. OldGenesis crashes too, it is annoying. Something the migrants bring in I think.
I don't think you can use dwarf corpses in reactions.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2012, 03:57:20 am »

Dwarves don't like to use parts of intelligent creatures.

And dark path does not care for skulls, bones or bodies. Demons feast on souls, so they steal souls ignoring the flesh and leave you with mindless people/maniacs/husks, and they share their tiny presents for that.

The skulls and bones will be handy in the creation and reactions for the Skull Throne. It will  be the war religion path.

P.S. I just had my little 20-dwarf fort obliterated by a single maniac from worshipping the depths. Protip: strip cultists of weapons before performing dark praying.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:58:53 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.11) - War shrine, library reworked.
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2012, 08:58:15 am »

- Decoration: Added "Potted plant" workshop. It requires a bucket and any plant. Just for looks.
- Decoration: Added "Totem pole" workshop. It requires a bone totem. Just for looks.
- Religion tech: Added "War Shrine".
- Religion tech: Added "Skull Throne".
- Religion tech: Added "Blood Arena".
- Religion tech: "Blood ritual" in War Shrine, causes bleeding, pain and dizziness, has a minimal chance to give bloodstone or raw adamantine tablet. 1% chance to become Chosen. 1% chance to become Berserk (murder-crazy dwarf).
- Religion tech: "Sacrifice bones" in Skull Throne, requires bones, 10% chance to get bloodstone.
- Religion tech: "Sacrifice blood" in Skull Throne, causes bleeding and pain, 50% chance to get bloodstone. 3% chance to become Berserk.
- Religion tech: "Fight blood fiends" in Blood Arena. 15% chance for extreme bleeding (death), 25% chance for extreme pain, 8% to become berserk, 8% to become Chosen, 25% gold bar.
- Religion tech: "Fight blood hulk" in Blood Arena. 35% chance for extreme bleeding (death), 85% chance for extreme pain, 12% to become berserk, 12% to become Chosen, 25% gold bar.
- Fixed huge swarms of mosquitos and flies.
- Changes to alchemy.
- Added bloodsteel. Better than steel, causes lots of damage to civilized creatures.
- Added voidsteel. Better than steel, on par with bloodsteel. Causes lots of damage to semimegabeasts and megabeasts.
- Added ability to transmute steel into bloodsteel and voidsteel in alchemical workshop.
- Voidsteel (3) requires obsidian tablet (preserved as reagent, works as catalyst), 3 steel bars and a black diamond. Tablets come from worshipping the depths.
- Bloodsteel (3) requires raw adamantine tablet (preserved as reagent, works as catalyst), 3 steel bars and a barrel of blood. Tablets come from worshipping the war.
- Added ability to press meat into blood in screw press. Requires meat and barrel (for blood).
- Library system reworked. Vellum making has been removed.
- Added ability to make blank clay tablets in kiln.
- Scriptorium turns blank tablets in crafting, farming, medical, smithing, stoneworking, tactics and trading tablets.
- Read tablets in library for a wide variety of skills (one type of tablet can be used to train several skills) with a minimal chance to lose the tablet.
- Tablets are tools.
- Tool icons for graphical version have been updated. Added wheelbarrow icon too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 108