Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324235 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: GENESIS (4.15)
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2012, 02:28:16 am »

Jeweler shop offers to cut all stones :*(
It's DF vanilla feature for you. You can cut any rock into gem.

basic logs 9€, green glass only 6€?
I cannot make glass more pricey :(.

anaconda corpse was a green "vermin bone" symbol.
Bodies should look like "bone" in Phoebus tileset.

wax worker is blue and slim like a sylvan.
I will fix it this evening, right now I am running off to work. There's just no tile attached to the wax worker profession in the graphics files.

A bit too much population is my own choice. If I used vanilla worldgen parameters, my new megabeasts and vampires would kill 50% of civilizations in most cases, so I increased population settings to get more interesting worlds.

Green tree frogs are edible and I want jungle cities to trade them. Ask french people, they will tell you that frogs are tasty.

Squad DOES take 15 dwarves now, I forgot to mention that. Since I plan to add more megabeast types as well as different vampire/werewolf types, bigger squads should help. It's also not necessary to have 15 dwarves, you can still use only 10 slots if you want.

Battle axes are not that different from other weapons, I will look what you mean.

And yep, there's no QUADRUPED_JOINTS yet, I will patch it in soon, probably this evening. I have an extensive crafting system additions which I am working on.

Right now here's 4.15. It has a test feature of "adventurer" creature for adventure mode.

1) Pick "adventurer outsider" as adventure mode creature.
2) Press "x", navigate to "natural abilities", pick "class selection". You now temporary get a few new abilities called "Class - X" where X is a class name.
3) Press "x" again, navigate to "acquired abilities", pick the desired class. Notice that you will transform and all your items will fall to the ground, so pick them up.

Classes:
Barbarian:
- 2x learning speed of melee combat skill, 1.5x learning speed of wrestling skill.
- 2x faster strength, toughness and endurance gain, 20% faster agility gain.
- Ability to enter blood rage, which increases your strength and speed and makes you immune to pain.

Magician:
- Ability to cast "fireworks". 5 targeted fireballs.
- Ability to cast "burning hands". A melee range fire spray spell.

Vagabond:
- 2x learning speed of dodging, ranged combat and swimming skills, 3x learning speed of sneaking skill, 5x learning speed of dagger skill.
- 2x agility gain.
- Ability to enter "escape" mode, which greatly increases your agility and speed, grants you immunity to paralysis and stun and gives you extravision.

It won't be as useful yet because you start without a backpack, but I will add my own crafting system in no time, I am working on it. It will use generic items like "leather scraps", "cloth pieces", "wooden parts" etc, so you will be able to disassemble found items and craft new ones. It will be a bit generic, but it will make it much more flexible (because currently there's no easy way to "go get a wolf pelt" because so much of DF stuff is randomized and DF adventure mode travel is long and boring).

- Added gargoyles to mountains.
- Added "adventurer" creature for adventure mode only. Adventurers can become barbarians, magicians or vagabonds. Check the first post to see abilities.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: GENESIS (4.15) - Adventure mode classes (barbarian, magician, vagabond)!
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2012, 02:32:02 am »

If you like the new classes system, I will work on it and expand existing classes while adding new ones.

Classes to come (mostly done, need some tweaking):
- Necromancer. Undead (so OPPOSED_TO_LIFE creatures ignore you), no pain, slow skill learn rate. Ability to raise a corpse (1). Ability to poison with a touch. Ability to cast bone spear.
- Shaman. Ability to cast wards on yourself or allies (different buff effects) and curses on enemies (slow, enfeeblement, bad luck).
- Ranger. Quick archery learning rate, ability to hypnotize/paralyze common animals with a stare.
- Cleric (not done yet). Ability to buff allies and to turn undead/elementals.

P.S. I also plan to add a "prestige class" system, ability to upgrade your class into a new one via a complex craftable item. I have not thought it through yet.
I could make it so you get an ability to "upgrade" after a long time, but people would just wait in towns and it would be boring.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:43:09 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS (4.15) - Adventure mode classes (barbarian, magician, vagabond)!
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2012, 03:42:17 am »

Is there any info laying around on the new types of stone and such? I ran across something called "Pentlandite" and I have no idea what it does
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS (4.15) - Adventure mode classes (barbarian, magician, vagabond)!
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2012, 06:37:54 am »

I haven't documented all new stones yet, I need to document aboveground plants first :). I think I eventually will, it just takes a lot of time (and takes that time from modding).

Pentlandite is an iron-nickel sulfide, so you can get iron and nickel from its ore (40%/40%) and there's a minor chance to get cobalt (6%).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2012, 07:15:38 am »

Cool, I will keep that in mind next time I find so me :D Sadly that fort ended up being Fun'd early... before my first wave of immigrants arrived, a grey haze of some sort decended over my animals and 4 of my dwarves, turning them into zombies. I tried to reclaim, but one of the animals was a buffalo... zombie buffalo suck >.>

Alright, next topic Mr. Awesome Deon!

I am  having some crashing issues that mirror the crashing issues of people earlier in this thread. They started shortly after my first set of trading merchants arrived, and have persisted through-out. I've got a copy of my save file here for you (or whoever, really) to look at:  http://www.mediafire.com/?h8bcpl8g8gbw9r4

I've had it crash and restarted it maybe a dozen times, saving periodically, so this particular save state is shortly before the merchants are leaving I think. I've finished speaking with the liaison.  Hopefully this additional data will help you pin down what the problem is :D
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

dezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2012, 07:30:26 am »

Gen'd a new map with this mod fresh install... Rolling cloud of smoke transformed my entire new party into zombies. Worst of all they're unkillable, they begain headbutting each other to death as I guess its the last move you can do when everything else is busted.

As I too was zombified I tested some things and after slaughtering a bunch of soliders an entire city from the year 300+ and being naked with only headbutt and kick. I had everything pretty much broken but one leg and my stats had risen to such a point from having a slow movement speed and 100+ people beating on me. I began one shotting everyone with a headbutt >.>

Is this a bug on your part? I've never been zombified by clouds before D:

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2012, 07:36:49 am »

It's vanilla feature. You need to cut zombie's head off to kill it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2012, 10:12:59 am »

Hello, where can I find which new materials are the best for weapons and armor? I have hard time finding this anywhere. What should I use for Hammers and Maces nad what for swords and shields? ;]
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2012, 10:25:38 am »

Started a new embark after the crashing problems with the last one; as with the last one, started crashing right as the merchants arrived for the first time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f3id0yxwo25m4w5  hope the data helps :D

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2012, 07:47:38 pm »

Why dont you add some sort of Item Crafting in Adventure mode?
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2012, 11:23:39 pm »

you could do somthing with counter triggers like puntam has in his Dbz mod for upgrading barbarian class

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2012, 06:56:26 am »

Started a new embark after the crashing problems with the last one; as with the last one, started crashing right as the merchants arrived for the first time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f3id0yxwo25m4w5  hope the data helps :D
Okay. I have no freaking idea. It's the same issue as before. And there's nothing even hinting what could cause it.

The only way to resolve it would be to remove parts of the mod and to keep starting fortresses over and over. If I was on vacation I could do it :(.
And here I was going to add manticores, basilisks, naga race and adventure mode crafting today :(. That bug alone makes the mod pretty much obsolete until I can fix it.

I'll put it on the bugtracker in case it's something obvious and maybe helpful for Toady to fix. I've dug so many bugs with my modding attempts already before :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2012, 07:14:37 am »

does anybody know how to make it more likely a dragon will take over a dwarven civ

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2012, 08:13:13 am »

Try the bard uffners raw explorer to see if it helps you find you crash-source.

I had a look through the raws, but nothing caught my eye about the crashes, but I found this:

[INORGANIC:MORPHSTONE_HUSK_ANGRY], [INORGANIC:WARSTONE_BERSERK] and [INORGANIC:MORPHSTONE_MANIAC] will turn your dwarves crazed by adding the tag through a syndrome. This makes them hostile, but as soon as you kill them you start a loyalty cascade, because they are still civ members. I had the same problem in my mod. The solution is to transform them into a dwarf-clone that has the crazed tag already included. This way they turn into a new creature that is no civ member.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2012, 12:28:40 pm »

My lord deon,
I present what little crafting knowledge I've gleaned:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's all I can remember for now, hope it helps.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 07:10:30 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 108