Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324219 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I'm playing 5.22 maybe, and having fun. My druid pyromancer vampire steel dwarf adventurer successfully recruited a miner, picked up his pick upon his inevitable demise, and channelled down to cavern layer 3. Not only did I find a completely empty slade temple and an upright masterwork vulcanite bastard sword (maybe it's coded to be the material with the best edge?), I mined some raw adamantine, built a craftsdwarf's workshop and extracted strands. Now, I hear furnaces won't work in advfort, so... is there any way to make dwarven plate armor from those adamantine threads, or I'll have to settle for adamantine clothes? I wonder if those would deflect attacks better than leather.

Also, if I have to melt stuff with smelting pit:
From the wiki: "If you attack a creature, and your blade lodges firmly in the wound, you can use wrestling to duplicate the weapon. Attack a creature, and have the weapon you wish to duplicate lodge in the wound. Then enter wrestling and grab that weapon with your free hand, and move away. You will now have 2 weapons." I wonder if this works, if yes, then I can have an infinite supply of vulcanite.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

If it's 5.22, I don't think so. I tried the Metalsmithy and wasn't able to forge any metal object, save furniture.

If you're really feeling cheaty and stuff, you could just use changeitem on dfhack to change your item to vulcanite, and smelt it. :P
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's 5.22, I don't think so. I tried the Metalsmithy and wasn't able to forge any metal object, save furniture.

If you're really feeling cheaty and stuff, you could just use changeitem on dfhack to change your item to vulcanite, and smelt it. :P

Ok, and will adamantine cloaks, hoods etc atcually protect me more than leather or wool?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I haven't tested. Can't say for sure. Maybe you'll have luck defending yourself with a cloak than a tunic, however.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, they are better.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

However, the clothier's workshop menu doesn't offer metal clothing, only cloth, silk and yarn. The weaver's offered inorganic thread which took care of the adamantine strands...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Metal clothing is done in the forge.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Metal clothing is done in the forge.

Whoops. My bad. Long time since I last played fort mode  :D

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone gotten Extract from Plants to produce poisons in 5.23 fortress mode? I've got shadowleaves, fly-agarics, and bitter roots nearby in non-burrowed stockpiles.

Fancypants cancels Extract from Plants: Needs unrotten extract-bearing plant plants.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The extracts should work just fine, they used to work before. Have you tried manager menu?

I will come back to fixing adventure mode forges/smelters soon, definitely this week. I will also patch other dfhack related stuff as well.
Too much work and some new let's playing on youtube, it takes all of my time :D.

By the way, I've been reading Perdido Street Station by China Miéville, so I have a lot of new ideas for my future mod.
I've been sketching while at work a bit :).

I will use this as a base: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83877.0

It had to be used for something, right? :D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:53:15 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Hmm, interesting. Will this change the Houses caste, or will it be added on top of the houses, like

[DWARF_ANVIL] = [DWARF_ANVIL_ROBOT]
and
[DWARF_GEARS] = [DWARF_GEARS_ROBOT]?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I have no luck with autosyndrome permanent transformation, that's why that idea of houses is not in yet.

And I've been thinking about an Earthdawn-style mod, with steampunk style. It will be another long project of mine which I finally plan to release. With technology tree and stuff. I have a lot of things I've made for an unreleased Shadowrun mod which should be useful.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ha! Deon is alive?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The extracts should work just fine, they used to work before. Have you tried manager menu?

I have tried starting the job from both the workshop and manager menu with the same cancellation spam.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couple of minor issues with some of the poisons/potions

focusing concoction
   Skill Check [0-5-1000] Percent=0, Chance=300%
   Add [0-1000] Does not sleep,
   Skill Check [1000-1005-1150] Percent=0, Chance=50%

I assume these should have 100% chance of giveing 300% to the skill roll and then a 50% chance of reducing the skill roll to 50%

empowering
   Skill Check [0-1500] Percent=110, Chance=0%
   Physical [0-1800] Strength(+1, 150%), Toughness(+1, 150%), Endurance(+1, 150%)
   Mental [0-1800] Willpower(+1, 200%)

Same with the skill check here

bloodboil poison
   Bleeding [0-150] (Size Delays,Vascular Only,Resistable,Localized) Power=3000
   Add [Permanent] Does not feel fear,Crazed,

No duration on the no fear and crazed (assuming can add on to this affect, but if not the poison seems somewhat overpowered)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:43:02 pm by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 108