Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 323814 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

...OK, with all the irritating raw duplications brought by the mod loader, I think I'll just wait for a release when you fix that.
Raw duplications? I haven't got any... Can you tell me steps it took you to achieve them?

Even population caps, nickname settings and embark rectangle size keep reverting to their crappy default values whenever I use it...
They keep reverting only when you change tilesets. I'll try to code better settings saving system later :).

May have found a bug

Playing adventure mode and I've just been sent to kill a MALE Succubus.
It should be incubus, but I am not sure how to make gender-specific names without making separate curses for males and females. Just a naming issue which happens due to game mechanics.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...OK, with all the irritating raw duplications brought by the mod loader, I think I'll just wait for a release when you fix that.
Raw duplications? I haven't got any... Can you tell me steps it took you to achieve them?

Even population caps, nickname settings and embark rectangle size keep reverting to their crappy default values whenever I use it...
They keep reverting only when you change tilesets. I'll try to code better settings saving system later :).

May have found a bug

Playing adventure mode and I've just been sent to kill a MALE Succubus.
It should be incubus, but I am not sure how to make gender-specific names without making separate curses for males and females. Just a naming issue which happens due to game mechanics.

I meant how there are a total of 4 raw folders (discounting the ones in data/ region saves) and I have no idea which of them actually matter, so I have to overwrite them all. It was a lot easier when you just made separate versions instead of experimenting with the modloader. I really don't see it as a good idea, unlike Masterwork where races, workshops and similar important and complicated gameplay features can be switched on and off, here everything that can be set in the modloader is data/init one-liner stuff, except for the aquifers, which have a dfhack command to deal with them anyway.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Dude, it's exactly the same thing, Masterwork even took a lot of the old Genesis structure. Why do you think it's good there and bad here? :D It's just a start, more options will show up.

You need to change stuff in every folder if you want to affect all tilesets.

P.S. There's JUST 4 folders. There will be a dozen like in Masterwork once I start working on other playable races.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not that any input from me is required, but I will say I like the modloaders! DF is complicated enough for new people (hell even complicated for me from time to time) Atleast making picking and using a mod as easy as it can be.

My .02

Dude, it's exactly the same thing, Masterwork even took a lot of the old Genesis structure. Why do you think it's good there and bad here? :D It's just a start, more options will show up.

P.S. There's JUST 4 folders. There will be a dozen like in Masterwork once I start working on other playable races.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not saying it's bad, just that it massively discourages any additional modding done to it by myself, forcing me to wait for bugfixes for things like the automaton transformation issue instead of trying to make it work.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Well, deal with it! Just mod the existing /dwarf fortress/ directory for yourself if you don't plan to switch tilesets, it's that easy :D.

I plan to rework a lot.

1) Separate the mod into components. For example, "steamworks" (guns, explosive blocks, steam engine, clockworks, automatons etc), "thaumaturgy" (spellstaves, magical bolts, alchemy, mages/liches), "industry" (cement factory (coming soon), timberyard, clayworks etc) et cetera.

2) Change "void dwellers". Turn them into illithids (old genesis-style, with voidsteel equipment and good armor), slender horrors (armorless/weaponless but vanishing and casting magic) and abominations (organic transforming monsters), and make every of them optional.

3) Further specialize cavern layers: caverns, crystal caves, abyss. 1st caves will be like current 1 and 2; 2nd caves will grow crystal trees (new industry) and host crystalline dragons, gem elementals and such; 3rd caves will be Dark Souls-style Abyss, with abysswalkers, demonic hounds etc.

I should find some time this week and push this out of me :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did anyone ever try the magic blocks? This may sound stupid, but as far as I know catapults only fire boulders, not blocks... has it been changed?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

3rd caves will be Dark Souls-style Abyss, with abysswalkers, demonic hounds etc.

<3 I love how you are adding more dark soul stuff
I need to get back into df again been playing too much dota lately.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Did anyone ever try the magic blocks? This may sound stupid, but as far as I know catapults only fire boulders, not blocks... has it been changed?
Dude, check the manual under DFHack stuff. Catapults can fire targeting specific rectangles over Z levels and they can fire anything.

P.S. It's Alt-A while Q-ing over a catapult.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Deon, it is good to see you back and so active :)

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. You know how I do the change in the init, I dont replace the init, but have it linked to the tileset, then replace the tileset without changing names. This way you keep the init settings when you update tilesets.

I am curious to see how you will do savegame-updates with different tilesets once you have optional settings. I never could get it right, because the set of raws you copy over must have the same reactions, inorganics and so forth then the old set with the other tile numbers. I couldnt figure out how to automate that, and people can break so much with this, I decided to leave it out entirely.

I wondered about the blocks/boulders as well. The dfhack plugin is great, but I think most people would just stockpile-feed the catapult, its a lot easier when you have several of them.

Nice trick with the dragon deities. :) Mind if I borrow this to give each race a distinctive megabeast that might rule them/is worshipped? Could you please tell me if this is correct:
It must be a megabeast/semimegabeast.
It must have CAN_SPEAK.
It must have a symbol/sphere shared with an entity.
And something about secrets/slabs, but you might have to give me a nudge in the right direction.

caverns, crystal caves, abyss
Sounds familiar. :) The caverns themselves wont mix much in color, because the ground is already covered, but your soil-levels will look really odd, if the colors dont match well. I have dark green, bright blue and grey/dark blue, and the bright blue already looks odd when mixed with the dark green. Previously I had moving red "magma maggots" as 3rd cavern floor, it looked awesome, at least till they started to grow  guess what I am trying to say is: Try to keep it neutral.

Do you have any problems with your rare powerful castes, the clockworks, arriving as migrants?

If you have any powerful construct pets that you have that arrive with migrants as pets, I did find a solution for that: IMMOBILE stops that. You can then buy immobile creature variants from the caravans, and transform them in a workshop. Thats how I fixed my golems. Migrants no longer bring them, and the caravans bring "inactive golems" which cant move, but still fight. The workshop then "activates" the golem to the former creature I used. Maybe this helps. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question: how does the caste transfer transformation affect skills? If I have a steel dwarf with 10000 xp in Hammerdwarf, will it still be 10000 xp in Hammerdwarf when I make him into a clockwork? And how are attributes affected?

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All skills should carry over. A Dwarf Hammerlord will simply be a Clockwork Hammerlord... as far as attributes that's an interesting question. Transforming from on creature to another should reset the physical appearance (a side effect of this is regenerating all lost limbs and injuries) but some stats naturally build attributes. These should be carried over so a corpulent dwarf may become a corpulent clockwork hanging with rings of what every fat clockworks are made of.

Unless its a completely different body-template and such from a normal dwarf the Clockwork transformations should function just like vanilla Vampires/Were-creatures though where most of the creatures attributes are sustained and reflective in the new creature.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Clockworks don't have body size alteration attributes, so no "fat bronze" here.

Deon, it is good to see you back and so active :)

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. You know how I do the change in the init, I dont replace the init, but have it linked to the tileset, then replace the tileset without changing names. This way you keep the init settings when you update tilesets.

I am curious to see how you will do savegame-updates with different tilesets once you have optional settings. I never could get it right, because the set of raws you copy over must have the same reactions, inorganics and so forth then the old set with the other tile numbers. I couldnt figure out how to automate that, and people can break so much with this, I decided to leave it out entirely.

I wondered about the blocks/boulders as well. The dfhack plugin is great, but I think most people would just stockpile-feed the catapult, its a lot easier when you have several of them.

Nice trick with the dragon deities. :) Mind if I borrow this to give each race a distinctive megabeast that might rule them/is worshipped? Could you please tell me if this is correct:
It must be a megabeast/semimegabeast.
It must have CAN_SPEAK.
It must have a symbol/sphere shared with an entity.
And something about secrets/slabs, but you might have to give me a nudge in the right direction.

caverns, crystal caves, abyss
Sounds familiar. :) The caverns themselves wont mix much in color, because the ground is already covered, but your soil-levels will look really odd, if the colors dont match well. I have dark green, bright blue and grey/dark blue, and the bright blue already looks odd when mixed with the dark green. Previously I had moving red "magma maggots" as 3rd cavern floor, it looked awesome, at least till they started to grow  guess what I am trying to say is: Try to keep it neutral.

Do you have any problems with your rare powerful castes, the clockworks, arriving as migrants?

If you have any powerful construct pets that you have that arrive with migrants as pets, I did find a solution for that: IMMOBILE stops that. You can then buy immobile creature variants from the caravans, and transform them in a workshop. Thats how I fixed my golems. Migrants no longer bring them, and the caravans bring "inactive golems" which cant move, but still fight. The workshop then "activates" the golem to the former creature I used. Maybe this helps. :)
1) About dragons, it's INTELLIGENT, POWER and spheres.

2) I was thinking about crystal caves from Dark Souls, do you have crystal caves too? I haven't checked Masterwork in a while, I definitely should.

3) Amazing idea about immobile pets! And yes, clockworks arrive as immigrans but they are very rare, and it's actually supposed to happen.

Do you know if civilizations still put immobile pets in their farmland? Seeing fields with roaming centurions for dherim is weird (because they have ANY_PET_RACE).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Do you know if civilizations still put immobile pets in their farmland? Seeing fields with roaming centurions for dherim is weird (because they have ANY_PET_RACE).

I dont think so. With farmland you do mean advmode I guess... I never played it, but I think people would have mentioned farms full of golems, landmines and turrets... ;) So yeah, I am quite sure that immobile creatures dont show up there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I get rid of polymorth self?
Im stuck as a wolf
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 108