Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324210 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

go to sleep
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

go to sleep

Or wait. Or just run aroun, it will wear off in IIRC 1200 ticks.

Suggestion for balance: removing close range fire attacks like the DRAGONFIRE and FIREJET interaction from [INTERACTION:SECRET_PYROMANCY], and giving them a transformation like the Druid's direwolf polymorph, where they temporarily become a (dragon-or demon themed) creature that's [FIREIMMUNE][FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] and has all the flame attacks they currently have, without their tendency to one-shot themselves with casting dragonfire at a wolf and dieing in the flames themselves. Maybe give them some natural armor, like harder skin than human. This way they not only won't kill themselves and our adventurers/dwarves in one shot, they will become more dangerous if wounded, just like werebeasts (same trigger for transformation as those have).
Bonus point if the creature is [FLIER] and has a grip, [EQUIPS] etc, like a winged humanoid.
Extra bonus points if the creature is the same size as a dwarf/human, so an adventurer can use his equipment in this form (will it remain equipped?).

Suggestion 2.0: Plague zombie minions for blight prophets, maybe? Adding syndrome interactions like you added that firejet interaction to pyre zombies. Syndrome vapor(s) or secretions or spittle, serious but treatable and resistable if possible? Maybe optional, multiple types with fitting names - miasma zombie rotting infected (vapor), pus zombie oozing infected (noxious secretions), vomiting infected (spittle)... It'd be nice to have them build towers and field minions that are challenging.

Maybe you could add some kind of minions for wizards and stormbringers too, I wonder if worldgen counts them as minions if they aren't corpses, but like necromancer's scarabs, corpses transformed into something else entirely. If yes, maybe they could have wisps or imps or familiars or the like (If you want them to be really hardcore, golems, like flesh golems, metal or rock would be overkill...dunno about clay), with the [NOT_LIVING][OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] tokens used in plant minions- Druid towers work just fine for some reason, even if druids aren't even [NOT_LIVING]...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:27:04 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've mostly been avoiding the dfhack utilities included with this mod, but today I decided to try out advfort and I've run into a problem.

I started by trying to collapse a human castle keep by removing the walls. It was working out fine for a while until, while trying to remove a wall, the work counter got stuck at -1. After that I couldn't do any jobs. Whenever I tried to get him to do something my adventurer would move to an adjacent space without doing anything and the job display would show "[selected job] working(-1)"

Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Eat/drink. He tries to do some activity a dwarf would normally do, like to go eating, drinking or sleeping.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had thought that might be the case, but he wasn't displaying any needs notifications. Then again, dwarves in fortress mode do go after food and drink before they actually get "hungry" or "thirsty" status.

Thanks
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got a 5.27 Dalesman I'm playing as right now, and I'm hoping this one lives long enough for the story I'm writing of him to be entertaining. If his third target doesn't stab him in all the places and he continues to be awesome I may even post this one.

Thank you Deon for adding oh so much to an already beautiful thing. I write for most of my (usually short-lived) adventurers, and all the fluffy lore really adds to what I can write in, including that badass history. Oh, and I don't recall offhand, but am I correct in assuming the Worldbreak happened at Year 0?

Finally, this was a few pages back, but I've had the best luck for flavorful worlds generating them at between 200 and 250 years, though I tend to worldgen at the lower end of that spread.

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got a suggestion. Is there any way that we can get alert messages to show up whenever the adventurer is too hungry/thirsty/tired to work? Like, a second line under the current advfort action in the top left of the screen. That way we won't have to guess which need it is.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Not Deonms jurisdiction.

Rainbows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: The Manual
The mod has custom night creatures, vampires, werebeasts, necromancers, curses etc., to see them you should use the “Design new world with advanced parameters” option because world generation settings there has been tweaked to allow custom curses and things like those. If you generate through the “Play Now!” option you will most likely lose all this new content.

What exactly has to be changed in Advanced Parameters to let all the curses,etc happen?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: The Manual
The mod has custom night creatures, vampires, werebeasts, necromancers, curses etc., to see them you should use the “Design new world with advanced parameters” option because world generation settings there has been tweaked to allow custom curses and things like those. If you generate through the “Play Now!” option you will most likely lose all this new content.

What exactly has to be changed in Advanced Parameters to let all the curses,etc happen?

0 for secrets, vampire curses, werebeast curses, etc, everything. This will cause the world to have no randomly generated secrets, vampires, etc, so all that appear will be the custom ones defined in the raws. Otherwise their numbers would be diluted by boring vanilla vampires and necromancers, who despite being procedurally generated, are all the same. Werebeasts are less diverse in Genesis but much more challenging than what vanilla games offer.
AFAIK there are no bogeyman and night troll types defined in the current version of Genesis so you don't miss any content if you leave those at some non-zero value.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Bogeymen are set to 0 for a reason. 1) I was not very fond of them and 2) it helps to build adventure mode fort without companions as an outsider in deep wilderness. Of course you can always wall yourself in for a night with a pickaxe, but it's a nuisance.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rainbows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a point to having clockworks or remade other than to cure vampires? Do they have various no pain, no stun abilities?
And if they are wounded can they be healed by doctors in the usual way?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Remade are mostly for vampires, demoniacs and other bad blood. They also possess a good natural attack.

Clockworks are made from metal. So there's a point.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a point to having clockworks or remade other than to cure vampires? Do they have various no pain, no stun abilities?
And if they are wounded can they be healed by doctors in the usual way?

Remades just have a metal hand and a metal leg. Clockworks are brutally efficient slaughter-machines of doom with
[NO_GENDER][CANNOT_UNDEAD]
      [NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOBREATHE][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION]
      [NOEXERT]
      [NO_DIZZINESS]
      [NO_FEVERS].
So clockworks can't be reanimated, don't have babies, and are immune to most causes of death and resistant to others. Not sure what [NOEMOTION] does.

Good questions about wounding. Their metallic tissues have a healing rate, and as other dwarven castes they don't have NO_SLEEP and NOSTUN... Except when made from vampires, Deon,    [CE_REMOVE_TAG:BLOODSUCKER:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST] should also contain NOSTUN, otherwise "cured" vampires will go sleep and never wake up.
Also, I don't know if normal chapterhouse caste transfers will re-set attributes and heal bodies, or not.

EDIT: speaking of which, Deon, does the most recent downloadable version have clockwork transformation fixed, or it'll have to wait for a new release?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:24:11 am by Tirion »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile

NOEMOTION removes the ability to have both good and bad thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 108