Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324222 times)

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.35 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1365 on: October 07, 2013, 02:59:05 am »

Having an issue with the mouse. In Vanilla and Masterwork the LMB will paint individual tiles when designating areas such as mining. The RMB will move the cursor. In Genesis the LMB is putting "Start of rectangle" instead of painting. Not sure where to look to fix this. ?

Check the new options on the menu. I think its something called box select, disable that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.35 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1366 on: October 14, 2013, 11:02:27 am »

Now my own question. I recently joined DF community and this mod in particular, so I don't have idea how Voidwalkers were done before the "rebirth" edition...

...Are they meant to be "game over" when encountered on Adventure mode?

I'm refering to the Black Lightning spam + Slow Field permaeffect that makes a simple regular trooper deadlier than most Dragons.

In particular there are 2 strange anomalies:

- They don't seem to have a problem spamming Black Lightning.

- When you manage to kill the Power spamming unit the speed of your character is permanently crippled, doesn't matter how long you wait, you never recover the speed you got before encountering it (They apply a plethora of syndromes... But I think "Slow time" is the culcript). This means that at some point the character will not  be able to fight any longer due to extreme slowness.

The second effect seems like a bug on syndromes IMO... Because if you manage to block LoS and leave the enemy alive you usually recover the full speed. I have gone as far as carefully check the status of the characters using DFHack gm-editor to be sure there are no active syndromes, and the speed of the character is permanently reduced (Maybe the bug is in another sense... Maybe the default speed is wrong and all this speed altering syndromes actually trigger the correct calculation).
All effects are temporary, at least they should be... Maybe they stack too much, I never had such problem. But yeah, voidwalkers were supposed to be attacked by you AND your army of people armed with void steel :). And yes, I was going to rework them to change them from slenderman-type into warhammer tyrannid-type enemies, so now since I showed up again I will look into it ASAP.

I'm playing adventure mode and the game crashes when I go near a tomb or the center (the tower) in a big city/castle

I tried different worlds and it happened every time
I never had a crash in the latest version, can you upload a save prior to crash?

Also while I was a bit busy with other things, I've managed to work on some random tiles.

If someone likes them I may make them into a full tileset, but I am not sure if they are readable enough:

Two humans (peasant/swordsman) and a plenthora of dwarves are present on this picture.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:26:14 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS R 5.36 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || AN UPDATE, finally.
« Reply #1367 on: October 15, 2013, 07:04:05 am »

Sorry guys, this should have been released a LONG time ago. I have no excuses.

- Calcinator, gem grinder and infirmary are back.
- Removed redundant geomancer's workshop.
- Fixed hotkeys for custom buildings.
- Blood fiends drop fire crystals again.
- Clockworks and Remade's prosthetic arms now are (again) made from frame and casing, preventing easy beak-offs.
- Clockworks have crystal eyes.
- Clockworks don't eat/sleep again (they still need alcohol for fuel).
- Air/fire/water/earth/aether crystals are back.
- Cement is back.
- Abyssal growth (grass) and pestilent trees are back for the Abyss (caverns lvl 3).
- Subterranean creatures are redistributed.
- Tower-caps -> tree roots (cavern 1).
- Cement making, flux from bones are added back to calcinator.
- Elexir brewing replaced old potions in alchemical still.
- New religious, calcinator, gem grinder and alchemy lab reactions are added back.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 07:05:48 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.36 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || AN UPDATE, finally.
« Reply #1368 on: October 15, 2013, 09:30:37 am »

I am currently experimenting with Rendermax plugin. If you did not know, it's a plugin which simulates lighting system (and provides no perfomance loss due to CPU calculations, which is the major issue with big forts; the only tiny perfomance loss can come from GPU drawing, and it's really low in comparison to the pathfinding/syndrome CPU FPS effect in vanilla).

The downside is that you cannot zoom in/out. However you should not really do it with graphical versions because tiles look weird :).
I am also fixing and making some Ironhand tiles to look better in my mod in the process.

If you guys really want it, I  can rush an update with it (and with new custom workshops to provide light).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1369 on: October 15, 2013, 09:39:14 am »

Dont forget, it also limits you to non-ttf print modes. Ttf is not possible with Rendermax.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 15, 2013, 11:15:17 am »

I kept all letters, so no TTF needed.

Also I LOVE Rendermax.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1371 on: October 15, 2013, 11:57:57 am »

Yeah, it looks really awesome. Maybe you'd like to have a look at my candelabra, brazier, fireplace, torchbearer an gem of light. I added these 5 workshops for light, and made a Chandlers Workshop that produces torches and candles for them. If you like anything you see, its up for the taking. ;)

Warmist is also working on a version with items, which would allow to spawn unstockpile-able rotting plants in the workshops. It would look like this ingame:
Build fireplace
Run reaction "Light a fire", using 1 log.
Product is 1 "fire", a rotting plant, which gives a lot of light.
2 ingame weeks later its a "withered fire"
3 ingame weeks later it is gone. The area is dark again.

:)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 15, 2013, 06:30:06 pm »

Deon, thank for update. I like this mod, because that grim atmosphere. Tristam music fits great :)

I found issue in GUI, cant change FPS.

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 16, 2013, 02:34:05 am »

About the not zooming in/out thing. I had problems with crashing my game with rendermax because I habitually play with my mouse scroll wheel when thinking. But I fixed this problem for myself by disabling the zoom keys. For anyone else wondering, to disable the zoom keybinds you need to change interface.txt in \Dwarf Fortress\data\init

Code: [Select]
[BIND:ZOOM_IN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[BUTTON:0:5]
[BIND:ZOOM_OUT:REPEAT_SLOW]
[BUTTON:0:4]
[BIND:ZOOM_TOGGLE:REPEAT_NOT]
[SYM:2:F10]
[BIND:ZOOM_RESET:REPEAT_NOT]
[SYM:0:F10]
to something like
Code: [Select]
[BIND:ZOOM_IN:REPEAT_SLOW]
//[BUTTON:0:5]
[BIND:ZOOM_OUT:REPEAT_SLOW]
//[BUTTON:0:4]
[BIND:ZOOM_TOGGLE:REPEAT_NOT]
//[SYM:2:F10]
[BIND:ZOOM_RESET:REPEAT_NOT]
//[SYM:0:F10]

So I was wondering, is it possible to add a button to the launcher that will make this change? Or am I the only one careless enough to need to disable the zoom keys when using rendermax.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: October 16, 2013, 02:56:06 am »

I will make sure there's no scroll with the lighting enabled.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: October 16, 2013, 04:15:08 am »

I will make sure there's no scroll with the lighting enabled.

Fantastic, can't wait! I've been having so much fun in adventure mode, converting night creature caves into tombs. It'll be nice to hopefully be able to light them up with rendermax. Or even have some kind of throwable flare or spell to light up places in adventure mode at some point...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 16, 2013, 04:16:39 am »

I also plan to look into Rumrusher's mount riding script. If it works, we will have magical mounts pretty soon. If I figure out how the spawn creature script works too, summoned mounts are going to be a thing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 16, 2013, 06:58:41 am »

Oh... I wonder if I'll also be able to use adv-bodyswap and turn my magical mount into a vampire. Then I'll craft my mount some armour in the adventurer's workshop. I'll have a magically summoned armoured vampire battle-mount of doom. Now you will know why you fear the night!

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 16, 2013, 07:22:23 am »

Oh, and while I'm spamming up the board. I think there's possibly a problem with the Storm and Pyromancy Towers, but I don't know enough about how they work to be sure and I've only got one world to base this off...

But basically I think the deal is you need a god with Fire or Lightning spheres to make a slab for these, right? What happened in my world, however, was storm and fire dragons ended up pretending to be all the storm and fire gods, so nobody ended up worshipping the actual gods and no slabs for fire/storm secrets were made. I'm going to go gen a few more worlds just to make sure that wasn't some kind of crazy coincidence though ;)

Yeah, looks like it might have just been a funny coincidence, first world I generated in 5.36 has a storm slab. Sure was funny to see dragons that didn't do much except write books about how awesome dragons are for 300 years though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:30:28 am by Nat »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 16, 2013, 08:46:21 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 08:50:32 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 108