Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324258 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.36 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || AN UPDATE, finally.
« Reply #1380 on: October 16, 2013, 08:48:31 am »

- Added light rendering system (Rendermax by Warmist), Ctrl-L and Alt-L to turn it on/off.
- Updated manual with gem grinder/infirmary/alchemy/calcinator.
- Added new tabs to ModLoader with hotkeys and zoom toggling.
- Changed some ironhand tiles to make them look better (stone walls, one plant tile).
- Fixed a few small errors.

I've sneakily added the riding feature into the game, although it's a bit weird.
Currently you cannot ride anything unless you add MOUNTABLE creature class to it, then you should look at its stats (L->enter) and press Alt-M, after that you can order it around with Ctrl-M and unmount with Alt-M. So if you know how to edit raws a bit, you can make yourself a mount.

Oh, and while I'm spamming up the board. I think there's possibly a problem with the Storm and Pyromancy Towers, but I don't know enough about how they work to be sure and I've only got one world to base this off...

But basically I think the deal is you need a god with Fire or Lightning spheres to make a slab for these, right? What happened in my world, however, was storm and fire dragons ended up pretending to be all the storm and fire gods, so nobody ended up worshipping the actual gods and no slabs for fire/storm secrets were made. I'm going to go gen a few more worlds just to make sure that wasn't some kind of crazy coincidence though ;)

Yeah, looks like it might have just been a funny coincidence, first world I generated in 5.36 has a storm slab. Sure was funny to see dragons that didn't do much except write books about how awesome dragons are for 300 years though.
Dragons write books about secrets, so just find which one grants it, and voila.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:37:26 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.37 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Real-time lighting!
« Reply #1381 on: October 16, 2013, 07:35:17 pm »

Fantastic, I'm going to try scarabs as mounts, because necromages can summon those already. Just have to find some scarabs to make sure it works, everybody I've found so far seems to have mainly jade cannons and batwings...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.38 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Real-time lighting!
« Reply #1382 on: October 16, 2013, 11:26:21 pm »

- Added Ctrl-H to view all current active DFHack hotkeys.
- Updated manual with new hotkeys.
- Updated manual section about religious reactions.
- Updated all falconne's plugins to the most recent versions.
- Added autochop plugin (Ctrl-C), allows to keep required (mix/max) amount of logs and auto designates trees for cutting in burrows.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 18, 2013, 12:40:49 am »

Okay, since we figured out the problems with Putnam's itemsyndrome through Steam chat, I am adding it in.

I will start with basic stuff:

Warding helmet/armor/greaves.
Warding helmet - no stun, no dizziness; warding armor - 1/3 damage received; warding greaves - no nausea, paralyze immunity.

Shadow veil
Grants ability to hide in plain sight.

Hermes cap
Increases speed by 50%.

Nightwatch scarf
Gives extravision.

Belt of strength
Increases strength by 50%, no exert.

Ribbon of health
Increases recuperation by 50%, no fevers.

Wand of flames
Gives ability to cast 5 fireballs at once.

Before I release the new version, I accept your suggestions for magical items/weapons/armor you want to see.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:43:34 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 18, 2013, 06:54:38 pm »

something that shoots weba staff or ring maybe.
maybe a paralyzing Aegis style shield.
some saught of Necromancers/lich crown that turns who ever wheres it undead and gives them lich powers 

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 18, 2013, 07:02:49 pm »

I'd really like some way to detect ambushes without chaining scarabs around the place. Is it possible to make something that gives a huge boost to observer? Would that even do anything? Or is that what the nightwatch scarf does.

Also I think something for pain would be nice, it seems to be a common spell my dwarfs have to deal with.

The other idea I have is something that will remove infections, if that's possible. I usually try to clockwork/remade infected dwarfs, but it might be nice to have other options.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 18, 2013, 11:26:07 pm »

I'd really like some way to detect ambushes without chaining scarabs around the place. Is it possible to make something that gives a huge boost to observer? Would that even do anything? Or is that what the nightwatch scarf does.

Also I think something for pain would be nice, it seems to be a common spell my dwarfs have to deal with.

The other idea I have is something that will remove infections, if that's possible. I usually try to clockwork/remade infected dwarfs, but it might be nice to have other options.

Doesn't a simple guildhouse transformation heal them just as well?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

T-Rex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 19, 2013, 11:59:54 am »

So I'm very much loving Genesis Reborn, kudos. Also thanks to Revocane's videos on youtube for getting me itching to get back into the game again. I do have one big question though in regards to centurions and utility spiders.

I embarked with two utility spiders and traded for a Centurion at a later time. All are, of course, inactive and I finally got my industry up to making some soul gems. I build the automoton factory and tried to use the command to active the centurion. I watched a dwarf take a soul gem to the building, initiate the job to activate it...there appeared to be a small explosion of some sort and then...nothing. The soul gem was used up and the centurion remained inactive. I tried the same with the utility spiders and got the same result. Is something broken or is there some step I'm missing? :(

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 19, 2013, 12:49:26 pm »

So I'm very much loving Genesis Reborn, kudos. Also thanks to Revocane's videos on youtube for getting me itching to get back into the game again. I do have one big question though in regards to centurions and utility spiders.

I embarked with two utility spiders and traded for a Centurion at a later time. All are, of course, inactive and I finally got my industry up to making some soul gems. I build the automoton factory and tried to use the command to active the centurion. I watched a dwarf take a soul gem to the building, initiate the job to activate it...there appeared to be a small explosion of some sort and then...nothing. The soul gem was used up and the centurion remained inactive. I tried the same with the utility spiders and got the same result. Is something broken or is there some step I'm missing? :(

Were the inactives pastured on the building?

The explosion was a gas that is supposed to activate them upon contact.

T-Rex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 19, 2013, 01:02:38 pm »

They were pastured -next- to the building, but not actually on it. Do they have to be? If so that would probably be it. Didn't see that anywhere in the manual. :(

Were the inactives pastured on the building?

The explosion was a gas that is supposed to activate them upon contact.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 19, 2013, 01:35:55 pm »

They should be inside of the building, and only one at a time.
P.S. Next version of manual will state it, thanks for the heasd up.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 01:38:26 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

T-Rex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 19, 2013, 04:19:18 pm »

They should be inside of the building, and only one at a time.
P.S. Next version of manual will state it, thanks for the heasd up.

Still not working, unfortunately. I made a pen/pasture right on the automoton manufactury, put the bronze centurion in it so it was inside the building. Then gave the job order to activate it. Same deal. The dwarf grabs the soul gem, does the job, there's the poof/explosion and...nothing. The centurion is still inactive (and it uses up the soul gem too).

**Aaand JUST as I wrote this it actually worked on the second try. Odd, very odd.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 19, 2013, 07:16:41 pm »

Yep, it's not 100%. The script works this way, and it's fine by me (you rarely need more than 3 soulgems to activate a powerful killing machine).

I'm glad you solved it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 20, 2013, 02:46:18 am »

Before I release the new version, I accept your suggestions for magical items/weapons/armor you want to see.

Is this thing still open?

If so, then:

Wand of Paranoia
Grants an interaction that allows one person to turn someone insane. Will cause loyalty cascades.

Sphere of Geomancy
Allows one to turn corpses into utility spiders or other constructs (turrets?). Long cooldown.

Rally Equipment
Allows one to buff his comrades with various status effects. Stronger equipment grant more effects with longer effect durations.

Amulet of Flesh-Made-Whole
Transforms the user into a fleshy cocoon, which restores their missing limbs.
*I am not sure whether you have another way of restoring health in this mod; haven't played for the longest time.

Gorgon Eye
Petrifies a target. (paralysis or via transformation into an immobile stone statue that yields a statue when killed. DF statues are usually animal statues despite the statues themselves being humanoid >.>)

Celestial Equipment
Grants special interactions, in which only the undead or creatures marked [EVIL] are affected. Evil creatures are also weak to this material.

And that is all that I can think of right now. I think I'mma get back to trying this mod out again.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 20, 2013, 03:47:14 am »

Superman cloak- [FLIER]
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 108