Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 323887 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ Genesis Reborn 5.41 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Summoned creatures!
« Reply #1470 on: November 08, 2013, 03:58:33 am »

The skull throne is indeed not a permitted building in entity_dwarf.txt. I think I wanted to remake it a bit and did not change anything too big, so it's working if you add [PERMITTED_BUILDING:SKULL_THRONE] to the entity_dwarf.txt.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ Genesis Reborn 5.42 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Build and summon
« Reply #1471 on: November 09, 2013, 07:10:21 am »

Genesis Reborn 5.42

- added butcher products - venom glands to 2nd and 3rd caverns' dwellers.
- renamed troglodytes to trogs.

- added iron centurion.
- renamed utility spider to clockwork spider.
- renamed jade cannon to clockwork turret.
- clockwork turret and spider are made out of copper.

- automaton making is changed
-- inactive automatons are removed.
-- build iron/bronze/copper frames in automaton manufactory.
-- build bronze/iron centurions from 3 bronze/iron frames and a soulgem.
-- build clockwork spiders from 1 copper frame and a soulgem.
-- build clockwork turret from 1 copper frame and a fire crystal.

- gargoyles are properly summoned from earth temple (not fire temple).
- you can summon clay golems in earth temple (they live for 1-2 years).

- suede is considered to be "leather" type (for stockpiling).

- skull throne is re-enabled.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 09, 2013, 11:50:38 am »

I have some notes on all the Genesis metals... I think most of this is from around 5.30 so there's a chance something's changed since I last read through the raws.

Copper, Iron, Steel and Adamantine are the same as in Vanilla, so I compare everything else to these metals.

Cobalt: About as good as copper for weapons and armor generally, meaning I never use it unless it's all I have. Can be very plentiful though, it's great for making BLUE furniture and bolts. Same weight as copper.

Titanite: If you have magma and find veins of the right rocks, titanite is incredibly good and easy to make. Equivalent to steel for armour, at half the weight. Twice as sharp as steel, or half as sharp as adamantine, however you want to look at it. Titanite ores: Anatase, Ilmenite, Meteorite, Rutile, Sphene

Bloodsteel: twice as sharp as steel (a bit sharper than titanite), same weight as steel, between steel and mithril on armour attributes. Is actually a boring grey colour, despite what the name may suggest.

Voidsteel: only slightly sharper than steel, otherwise the same as bloodsteel. I've been told it does extra damage to voidlings but haven't tested those guys in a while and they've been changed. Other notable difference is bloodsteel uses bauxite where voidsteel uses obsidian. This makes voidsteel much easier to make.

Mithril: It's like a poor man's adamantine. Same weight, half as sharp (equal to titanite) 2/5 as good as adamantine for armour (twice as good as steel). Can be made into clothes like adamantine. Rarity depends on how much silver and aluminium you have on your map, although you can import both of these if you need to.

Vulcanite: Similar stats to adamantine, although it's nearly as heavy as silver, and 30% sharper. And it's RED!

Dragonscale/Dragonbone: Dragonscale is for armour, dragonbone is for weapons.  Slightly heavier than adamantine and lighter than titanite. Armour stats slightly worse than bloodsteel vs blunt and equal to steel vs sharp. Dragonbone sharpness is between voidsteel and titanite. The only way I ever have any is from melting stuff traders bring me. Also, there is a leather called dragonscale... this one is a metal bar.

Moonsilver: A weird one. Supposedly the metal to use against werebeasts and the like. The numbers in the raws suggest that it would be either worse than copper or between copper and steel as armour, and it has no value for MAX_EDGE which is what I use to judge sharpness/axe quality. I've never really used moonsilver so don't know much about how well it actually works.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 09, 2013, 12:29:26 pm »

Thanks for the summary, it's quite useful and I will put it first on wiki before I add more info myself!

Moonsilver is 10 times better than anything vs fallen (undead civ) and 100 times vs voidwalkers, so it's a very specific weapon.
Making moonsilver bolts can really decimate those civilizations' raids.

Voidsteel isn't better vs any creatures, so yeah, its niche is to be an easier obtainable variant of super-steel since obsidian can be farmed easily.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:31:01 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: November 09, 2013, 01:39:56 pm »

Dammit Deon, every time I get settled into a fort, you update the mod in a way that makes it necessary to start a new fort :P

Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: November 09, 2013, 04:04:23 pm »

I just fix reported things quickly, is it bad? I can go slack for a week again :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 09, 2013, 05:31:16 pm »

Hehe it's awesome man, I love that you're continuing the make this mod even better
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 09, 2013, 05:41:40 pm »

Dude, you re-enabled the economy?
How?
Is it better now?

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 09, 2013, 05:58:00 pm »

I don't think economy is there, its just still an option in the launcher

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 10, 2013, 05:28:40 am »

You can re-enable the economy in the init files without the launcher, but it just doesn't work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 10, 2013, 05:30:12 am »

Yeah, the code is inaccessible in some-way-or-another (I forgot the exact reason, though I remember Quietust mentioning it when I got it wrong)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ Genesis Reborn 5.43 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Build and summon
« Reply #1481 on: November 10, 2013, 05:31:37 pm »

Genesis Reborn 5.43

- renamed lions to sabertooth cats. They can be found in temperate savanna now too.
- good areas are now more good/plantlife based.
- moved crawling stumps, living trees, saprolings, thallids and spore colonies to good regions.
- allowed shroomers (mushroom people) to appear in good wetlands.
- moved beholders from good areas to 3rd caverns.

- added foxes to temperate forests and taiga.
- griffons are properly summoned from air temple (not fire temple).

- added Berserker axe, made from battle axe, to fire temple. It grants no exertion, no fear and no pain while it's held.
- added Warlord banner (staff) to fire temple. The wielder can rally troops, granting them no fear and no exertion for a short period, and increasing their willpower.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 10, 2013, 06:03:23 pm »

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:47:38 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 10, 2013, 11:14:21 pm »

woot, been taking a break and replaying skyrim, decided to pop in and see these recent updates have added everything I wanted.  Can now create my own automoton armies :D, and the move for the beholders should probably fix the issue I was having.  Also reading through I'm wondering...I was using Ironhand as well when I was getting those problems with the beholder's, if that'd be an issue.

Anyways, thank you very much Deon.  You sir are a scholar and a gentleman!

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 10, 2013, 11:27:30 pm »

Oh man, I sent my militia out to fight a werebeast, they were all decimated due to lack of armor quality metals in this damn fort, except for one.  He was apparently also a werebeast, so he turned, then got the hostile werebeast in a headlock and choked him out.  That was kind of great
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 108