Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: [MODDING] REACTIONS QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 39610 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] REACTIONS QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2015, 10:24:50 am »

My search-fu has failed me, so I will ask the experts.  Is there any way to interact with small rock (ROCK:NONE) items in fortress mode?  There doesn't seem to be a way to harvest the things from surface boulders, but can they appear if a ROCK was designated as a reaction product, corpse item, extra butcher object, etc.?  Or is a custom TOY the only option between a ginormous boulder and a tiny cabochon?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is the same as ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2015, 01:21:00 pm »

does anybody know of a in reaction method(if not a dfhack script maybe) to fix glove_items made by custom reactions, so that they have a left and right "handedness" ? (not sure if thats a word, but you kow what i mean right...)   

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2015, 01:36:24 pm »

does anybody know of a in reaction method(if not a dfhack script maybe) to fix glove_items made by custom reactions, so that they have a left and right "handedness" ? (not sure if thats a word, but you kow what i mean right...)

There's a DFHack script - fix-handedness.rb, I believe it's called - but no way without DFHack.

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2015, 02:03:37 pm »

There's a DFHack script - fix-handedness.rb, I believe it's called - but no way without DFHack.

Thanks,  is there a link or location to get   fix-handedness.rb  ?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2015, 02:07:45 pm »

It's included in the package.

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2015, 02:48:03 pm »

It's included in the package.
thanks, but i'm not seeing it anywhere in DFHack 0.40.24-r3 for OSX

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2015, 02:56:13 pm »

it's just called fix-handedness in the listing

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2015, 02:59:09 pm »

thank you guys :)

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2015, 02:49:49 pm »

so i made some reactions that use bones as reagents, but every job i que  creates multiple products, until it uses up the whole stack. is there a way to stop that, and make them use just the number of bones called for in reaction, and leave the rest of the stack alone?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2015, 03:06:20 pm »

No.

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2015, 03:42:07 pm »

oh, thanks, maybe i'll make them bones into an intermediary object, like a bar or block, then require those as reagents for the reactions producing the items i want

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2015, 03:29:11 pm »

Is there any way to make other crafting reactions work like the forges?
For example I want barrels/wheelbarrows/bins/shields made out of willow and furniture out of heavy wood.
Useful stone stuff made from magma-safe stone, tradegoods made from crap.
Giant cave spider silk not being seperate from regular is another annoyance.

Right now I do all this with a lot of annoying micromanaging. It is not conducive to using the job-manager.

I imagine it is all hard-coded, since I can't find any of this anywhere. I would settle for being able to make some custom reactions for a few frequent used items if I have no other choice, but I figured I would ask here first.
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2015, 03:35:07 pm »

Does this help ?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2015, 03:54:53 pm »

I think they mean material selection.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2015, 04:49:28 pm »

Does this help ?

Yes and no. That assumes that one wants to make the same thing out of the same item every time. Also that one doesn't want a specific item, but just wants to make something out of whatever is available. The only thing useable from that is I know in a pinch I can make a few seperate specific reactions for stuff I do a lot.

Select specific material, then select item is what I'm looking for. So right now maybe I want to make some willow barrels, then I want to make some willow shields, then some oak beds (because I don't care about how much the beds weigh).

Vanilla
Option1: Make 2 seperate carpenters fed by 2 piles allowing the different woods. Cannot queue jobs with manager since it will allocate to both shops.
Option 2: Forbid all woods but willow, let the first 2 orders finish out. Then queue the last order and forbid all but oak.

Either option requires too much micromanagement. Granted the manager kinda sucks, especially anytime you have multiple shops capable of running multiple job types and you want them allocated to specific shops (especially craftshop).

EDIT
So in case anyone else had any ideas about this. It seems carpenter, mason and clothier shops are all hardcoded. Can't even make custom reactions for them.  So that wiki link is about as close as you can get. Make custom reactions and add them to craftswarf or some custom shop.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:13:16 am by ldog »
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13