Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089261 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

I agree with Dariush, there seems to be too much disagreement at the moment. 

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:55:54 am by draco1234 »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Not that fair. It was pretty even last time I checked.
It was 15/15/21 TR/NC/VS when the poll switched topic. Vanu didn't quite have a majority (though only just, 21/51) and TR and NC were actually dead even :P

Absolute number advantage was pretty small, but VS had a bit more than a third more than either of the other two. I'm not saying it was purple, but... it was purple.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If that is the case, we could really do with finding out who is willing to go with any faction, and who will only go with a specific faction, as a compromise is going to be needed at this rate.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd much prefer NC personally, their aesthetics appeal to me the most, but if it comes down to it, I'll play where the majority of B12 plays, just to avoid playing alone.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

jsut been watching some vids, im a little disappointed with the tank combat and only needing one guy to run it.. what happened to driver, commander, secondary gunner slots. it seems a little more solo playing for tanking now instead of cooperating with 2 other guys to become a great tanker. 

Edit -

also for beta are we all grouping up into a unit ? and maybe we should have a pool for a faction again, to be honest i dont realyl care who i play as just so long as i can go stealthy and explody
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 06:36:38 am by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We may as well group up for the beta, would help get a feel for the teamwork aspect as well.

Also for the poll, I say we group it into two sections, like this:

1. Any faction, pref. TR
2. Any faction, pref. NC
3. Any faction, pref. VS

4. Only TR
5. Only NC
6. Only VS

It may be a bit more complicated than necessary, but if there ends up being a majority faction for the definate section, that one would probably be the one to go for... I dunno, I'm just throwing ideas around.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They just merged some roles. Lighting got 1 seat only, bigger tanks, like our steam rolling magrider, got +1 for secondary turret. Sunderer got driver (no gun) +2 gunners. Liberators got 3 seats, same as galaxy + cargo.

I tried grabbing some tweeter key yesterday, went prepared with bot written. But im in europe and due to how tweeter works it managed to try to redeem a code in average of 2.5 seconds (from posting to getting a confirmation on redeem site), with top of 0.93s - even that was not enough to get positive one. Did they really think they are tweeting these codes to people?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

thought lightning was always 1 seat?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Never mind.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

I tried grabbing some tweeter key yesterday, went prepared with bot written. But im in europe and due to how tweeter works it managed to try to redeem a code in average of 2.5 seconds (from posting to getting a confirmation on redeem site), with top of 0.93s - even that was not enough to get positive one. Did they really think they are tweeting these codes to people?
Completely offtopic, but still: What did you use to write the bot? I've always been interested which language is used for such things.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They just merged some roles. Lighting got 1 seat only, bigger tanks, like our steam rolling magrider, got +1 for secondary turret. Sunderer got driver (no gun) +2 gunners. Liberators got 3 seats, same as galaxy + cargo.

Wait, you could actually get bots to copy and activate the keys for you? So I was just wasting my time??? ARGH?!

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any chance you might share that bot with the rest of us?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably pointless now, they said they were going to be DMing people cd keys after E3, instead of the rat-race method.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Completely offtopic, but still: What did you use to write the bot? I've always been interested which language is used for such things.
Perl just because of easy http/s reading + form filling. You just read the page every x time looking for string that match key reg (xxxx-xxxx...) and fill the form on other page with it + remember to fill last key in after some time without new one just to keep session with ps2 redeem site. I don't know if twitter got api to get tweets (it surely do, but i was too lazy to look for it) and that would make it much easier for ppl that alredy know it.
You can basically use any language to do that, but to do fast&easy web parsing i always used perl (using lwp-simple and www-mechanise is insta-fast to write).

Wait, you could actually get bots to copy and activate the keys for you? So I was just wasting my time??? ARGH?!
My bot did NOT manage to get any of the codes in 1-5 secs from posting, so yes - manually copying and pasting was a waste of time.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:19:18 am by lastverb »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

really what the fuck ever happened to just buying the game ? instead of doing all this either free to play or subscription shit, why not Just make us buy the game once, you know how every other Fucking game does it ! why do MMO's have to go from one extreme to the other, i would be much happier paying £30 for planetside 2 to with no cash shop shit and then they bring out expansion which you would also pay to to help funding with the game ( like guild wars the only MMO to fucking get it right ( in my opinion ))
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 826