Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089918 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

petition to change the twelfth bay to the 12th bay. twelfth looks silly.
Why should we consider the opinion of someone who doesn't bother to capitalize the first letters of his sentences?
I happen to agree with him that "The Twelfth Bay" looks silly. I'd far prefer B12 or Bay12
Why should we consider the opinion of someone who doesn't bother to put full stops at the end of his sentences?
Why should we consider the opinion of someone who calls a period a full stop?
Because not everybody had a misfortune to be born in USA.
Shouldn't that be "The (mis)fortune to be born..."?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

You messed up your quotes, i didnt say that, microline did.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Why should we consider the opinion of someone who doesn't bother to capitalize the first letters of his sentences?
I happen to agree with him that "The Twelfth Bay" looks silly. I'd far prefer B12 or Bay12
Why should we consider the opinion of someone who doesn't bother to put full stops at the end of his sentences?
Why are you feeding the quote pyramid without actually contributing anything useful to the thread?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Why are you feeding the quote pyramid without actually contributing anything useful to the thread?
I could ask you the same question.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then come on and ask it, so I can repeat the same accusation.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then come on and ask it, so I can repeat the same accusation.
All the cool kids are doing it, apparently.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Sorry, I forgot I shouldn't perpetuate arguments with the immature.

I'll stop now.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Admit it, you just ran out of arguments.

Also, before calling someone immature consider that your nickname lacks a capital letter and has numbers. Weakling.

Edit: On a more serious note, it appears that it is possible to join Steam groups without actually installing the godforsaken abhorrent monstrosity that is Steam. Well, maybe I'll be able to tolerate it for a while.

Edit 2: Oh hey, moving to a different page logged me out, together with a 'Access from a new computer' confirmation e-mail. And it is stuck on logging in with the new code. Looks like the 'while' lasted for a grand total of two minutes. Yay, I guess.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:56:18 pm by Dariush »

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good lord, you're like one of those old people who refuse to use cell phones. "Oh I don't need any of that newfangled stuff, the phone in my house was good enough for my father and it's good enough for me." :P

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I actually lost my cell and never replaced it. Does that make me old?

Anyhow, on the game: I'd like to give commanding a shot, but don't know if I'll be any good at it. If there's too many people who want to command, we'd best set up a roster on who gets to go when or something. That way we all have a shot at proving our excellence :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Just split it into squad leaders, instead of having one boss directing everything.  Then you solve the command debate, and don't cripple yourself when the boss isn't online :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:10:46 pm by draco1234 »

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Multiple commanders are the solution. Take the best strategists and the most famoust B12ers and give them a high status. People listen to what Girlinhat and Loud Whispers say, and most people would follow even a madman as long as he lead them to victory.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Admit it, you just ran out of arguments.

Also, before calling someone immature consider that your nickname lacks a capital letter and has numbers. Weakling.
I ran out of motivation for arguing with you. It wasn't even an argument really, you were just pointing out minor typos and declaring that they were grounds for deciding someone's opinion was invalid. I thought you were trying to be funny, so I replied in kind. Then I realized you were serious, and I decided not to continue because the whole thing was stupid.

You can continue feeling smugly superior though, I'm okay with that.

Multiple commanders are the solution. Take the best strategists and the most famoust B12ers and give them a high status. People listen to what Girlinhat and Loud Whispers say, and most people would follow even a madman as long as he lead them to victory.
How many people do we actually have here though? Do we have enough to fill multiple squads? Has anyone taken a comprehensive head count?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Well, probably a few good ones will emerge, but that might result in only those with "command ranks" actually getting command, where a new, good commander wouldn't get any airtime (This situation arose in one of my previous outfits). Having a command structure (someone commanding the commanders) is probably what they'll be going for, given the size of this thing, so that'd be even better. Being a good commander also means being able to follow orders :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remeber that the Unit is essentially a Clan. Whereas Squads/Platoons are the actually active grouping mechanizms. Squads are up to 10 players, and I'm assuming Platoons are a group of squads. So if we wanted to be super structured, we could make a chain of command Unit-wide, with the highest ranking members online at any time leading squads. Or, just whoever starts the squad leads it that day.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 826