Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089399 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Weird thing is, there's two sony station account screens (one black, one white). I only noticed the free time on the white one, it's not visible on the black one.

If that makes sense at all.

See you guys in PS1 this weekend.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

See you guys in PS1 this weekend.
We gonna organize a PS1 party?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are everyone's names in PS1? I'm.. Rakonas. On TR side. The only person whose name I recognized was Nilocy.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GameSpy just released an article on PS2.  However, I'll just skip to the important part.

Quote from: Mike Sharkey
Spy Guy says: Is there such a thing as a game with too many players? I mean, as long as the map is big enough to fit them all comfortably -- I wouldn't want to cram 2,000 players onto de_dust. PS: PlanetSide 2 beta should be starting up sometime in the next couple of months, so keep an eye out!
PS: PlanetSide 2 beta should be starting up sometime in the next couple of months
couple of months
And that's before we take idiomatic word usage into account!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or PS2 Manager realised that they were no where close enough to be ready for closed beta o.O i dont know, but damn, thats a nerd-boner-killer news...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or PS2 Manager realised that they were no where close enough to be ready for closed beta o.O i dont know, but damn, thats a nerd-boner-killer news...
Keep in mind that this is GameSpy, who tend to be liberal in mixing speculation with cite-able fact.  Game articles without any new information tend to be published days to weeks after the interview takes place to avoid having a glut of articles in different publications which all state the same thing.  This article was published only three days after the big beta summary where SOE announced that they were already in internal closed beta and outlined the next few stages of testing and began gathering system specs.  I'd think that SOE would have made a much more conservative announcement if it seemed that there was an order of magnitude in the uncertainty.

Why would this be announced in the postscript of an article from GameSpy?  They haven't been given exclusive access to PS2 before and the article contains no other exclusive information.  I'd also expect that if they got a direct quote of "a couple months" they'd have plastered it all over the article.

I'm sure a counter-argument could be made that it's an elaborate ploy by SOE to fly this under the radar, but I can't see them gaining much benefit from doing that.  I'd say it's much more likely that GameSpy pulled an estimate out of their ass than SOE did a 180 in the past three days.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh sorry i tought it was a new interview, not a repost of an old one, if thats not that well im utterly confused and going back to sleep XD
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

So we are still waiting for a vague estimation? Why can't the devs even give us a tentative date? :(
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

because they'll get yelled at if they miss it. Just be patient.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get in here, freeplayers!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

It is only free to previous subscribers of the game. So no matter how much I want to get in, I can't. :(
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I'll be kicking TR ass tonight (which is in about 4 hours form now).

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

If you're playing PS tonight, on TR, and you see me globaling or w/e, ./t me and I'll give shoutouts to the b12 community : D

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is only free to previous subscribers of the game. So no matter how much I want to get in, I can't. :(

Same. (Planetside 1 doesn't even show up in my list of possible subscriptions for SoE, although perhaps they have multiple lists since I seem to recall seeing it somewhere else? There's no way I'd subscribe to a game that's about to be obsoleted by a f2p game, however. Or, well, subscribe to a game ever, because I just don't do that.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:54:29 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 826