Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089220 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Yes, but you hilariously left the a off of around, so your reason for being away was that your girlfriend is 'round'. :D

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn it, us Brits and out of context quotes! :D

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

If you were British you would not have found it funny :P untill you said I did not put on the a I was wondering what was funny :P round is slang in British for being in a place I made sure in a dictonary :P
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

If you were British you would not have found it funny :P untill you said I did not put on the a I was wondering what was funny :P round is slang in British for being in a place I made sure in a dictonary :P
Oh I know. To be 'correct' we would have written it 'round to indicate the missing but understood letter a. Still, its funny out of context.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, misunderstood slang, you are surely one of the pleasures of language.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My two favourite aspects of the English language, missunderstood slang and comical grammar errors.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone found this on youtube.  It seems to do a better job of showing off the game than any of the official videos we've seen.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone found this on youtube.  It seems to do a better job of showing off the game than any of the official videos we've seen.
Game looks nice so far. Better than Battlefield 3 already. The video will probably be taken down soon, but I'm glad I got to see it, if not only to get me even more excited for the game's release.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Game looks nice so far. Better than Battlefield 3 already. The video will probably be taken down soon, but I'm glad I got to see it, if not only to get me even more excited for the game's release.
I wouldnt be surprised if it stays, the more hype the merrier maybe? who knows.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

Man, that video sounds surprisingly cool....

Don't quite like the arcadyness from the flight model. I mean, if it simply becomes a turnfight, whichever ship turns the faster wins. Doesn't look like there's anything resembling a realistic stall, or speed loss for yanking on the stick.

But we will see :)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

I don't think that making it a turnfight would be fair, considering how the Vanu scythe can turn on a penny, fly backwards and shoot down the pursuer at the same time.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

If that's how it works, then they must have some downsides to it... like it losing speed the more you turn, and then stalling. How did it work in the original?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

If that's how it works, then they must have some downsides to it... like it losing speed the more you turn, and then stalling. How did it work in the original?
Are you asking how the scythe worked in the original? There wasn't one.

If you're asking how aircraft worked, it was more or less the same.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the original, aircraft had a fairly slow turn rate. You also could not control the roll or pitch above or below a certain amount. Also, there were no unique aircraft. Everyone had the same aircraft to fly and fight each other with.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Also the aiming was much better... good god how do you hit anything?
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 826