Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089712 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Also the aiming was much better... good god how do you hit anything?

I suppose they have to make it challenging :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Also the aiming was much better... good god how do you hit anything?

I suppose they have to make it challenging :P
Challenge shouldn't come from a shitty control scheme, it should come from actual gameplay.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't tried the new flying controls yet, as I'm not in the game yet, but at some point, the more maneuverable your aircraft, the harder it will be to control it precisely. From what I've seen, they're all pretty darn maneuverable and I haven't even seen the vanu plane from the cockpit yet.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I haven't tried the new flying controls yet, as I'm not in the game yet, but at some point, the more maneuverable your aircraft, the harder it will be to control it precisely. From what I've seen, they're all pretty darn maneuverable and I haven't even seen the vanu plane from the cockpit yet.
Well, squirreliness from an aircraft with an extremely fast turn rate can easily be avoided by, say, using a joystick if that's an option.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, did they finally crack down on all you NDA breakers? Or just no news as far as Planetside 2 goes?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

So, did they finally crack down on all you NDA breakers? Or just no news as far as Planetside 2 goes?

I have not been playing it right now I currently find the beta boring and tedious with many crashes and just not balanced and no Certs and Certs seemed messed up.

I mean the infiltrator has a claymore type explosive but nothing to sabotage with no C4 or shit and the medic gets C4 I mean like that the fuck when does a medic need C4?!
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

the medic gets C4 I mean like that the fuck when does a medic need C4?!
It's for... special medicinal procedures. Yeah.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's for when you really need to heal that guy on the other side of a wall.

And I actually think its a great idea. Who else travels with a squad of infantry and carries less heavy weapons? The medic.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's for when you really need to heal that guy on the other side of a wall.

And I actually think its a great idea. Who else travels with a squad of infantry and carries less heavy weapons? The medic.

What about the hippocratic oath ?

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not that kind of medic, I think PS2 ones are the revolver-packing kind.

Anyway, C4 is for walls and doors. Maybe vehicles in a pinch. Nobody stands still long enough for you to stick a bomb to them safely, and plastic explosives usually produce very little shrapnel.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have not been playing it right now I currently find the beta boring and tedious with many crashes and --

I think they're primarily working on those right now.

Not that kind of medic, I think PS2 ones are the revolver-packing kind.

More like long-range rifle packing.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, yeah; "support soldier" rather than "dedicated doctor".
So the medic is the marksman (semi-sniper guy for an infantry squad) as well as carrying the explosives? Makes some sense, but is kinda putting a lot of eggs in one basket...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think a lot of guys can carry explosives right now. It'll probably change.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

I'm just pissed off because the infiltrator is shit at the moment can't even sabotage or anything :/ they should have C4 for doing their job
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What? I don't agree. Of course, I was using it as a sniper, certs will probably bring new cloak types, and I haven't tried the explosives.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 826