Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089810 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2235 on: September 03, 2012, 01:08:53 pm »

The laser doesn't appear to be visible on anything other than the pistol to me.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: September 03, 2012, 01:11:55 pm »

Ah... ok. That makes it more interesting.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: September 03, 2012, 01:22:03 pm »

There's an odd glitch with the laser dot at the moment. It actually shows up as a faint black line if you notice in the character screen. I was having the same problem with my reflex sight as well untill last patch.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: September 03, 2012, 01:25:28 pm »

I wish the weapon testing would start already.
Except for performance optimization(which is in dire need for a lot of people) the game seems quite stable.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: September 03, 2012, 01:30:10 pm »

The reason, especially in a game like PS2, is that reflections and whatnot take processing power and memory and lots of it.  As do dynamic shadows.  I'm quite impressed with how well dynamic shadows (they're all dynamic as far as I can tell) look in game.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: September 03, 2012, 01:56:34 pm »

Also I doubt the suppressor has any disadvantages. After all, it locks out the option to use the red dot and foregrip, both of which have no apparent disadvantages on their own.
No, it doesn't. I mentioned this in my last post, but you can have both the suppressor and a rail attachment equipped in the same selection slot. I run around with a suppressor, laser dot and 4x laser sight on my SAW.

And regarding optimization, I lost a lot of performance in the latest patch. I'm hoping it was just temporary.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2242 on: September 03, 2012, 03:08:37 pm »

So, I pretty much just found out about this game. I am blown away with how darn cool it looks. It sound like a wet dream of mine really.

They need to send out more beta keys. :)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: September 03, 2012, 03:35:11 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBJ9hTjMVps
BWahahahahaaa Oh I so know what he feels. I'm done playing for tonight. Too many opponents who know what they're doing. I need to get this mike working.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: September 03, 2012, 03:50:04 pm »

I think I've decided I"m okay as long as I"m not actually fighting in a base and there are less than 40 people around... if it meets either of those requirements, then my FPS drops too low for me to be effective in a fight. (I can still usually drive a galaxy though.) Inside a base my FPS drops like a rock... playing as a HA, I had maybe 10 frames from seeing a LA right in front of me, to having him jetting over my head and shooting me in the back. I tried, but it wasn't enough to aim properly and I died. I've never been great at FPSes, but I just can't compete at all in these conditions.

Open terrain, with only a dozen or so people around, I'm great... but combat rarely takes place there unless it's A2A or A2G. Still, fighting across a valley near the North/south dividing line between two smaller outposts has been one of the more fun battles I"ve been in. It was night time, I had a IRNV scope on my carbine, found some rocks to hide behind and flipped to single shot and just took shots at targets that were too stupid to take cover. The TR carbine is surprisingly accurate on single shot mode. It's no sniper rifle, but can still do a decent job.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: September 03, 2012, 04:11:34 pm »

Have you tried playing the TR infil?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: September 03, 2012, 04:39:53 pm »

Fighting across a valley near the North/south dividing line between two smaller outposts has been one of the more fun battles I"ve been in.

Oh I know what you mean! It's Seabed Listening Post and West Highlands Checkpoint, innit? I love that place. Especially because the NC like to put a whole bunch of snipers and engie turrets up on the ridge on their side of the valley. So I just jet up there, make my way along the ridge, and murder them to death one by one. The rest of the TR like to hide in the rocks around Checkpoint, so the idea of a lone LA doing that is so inconceivable to the NC that I can usually take out five or more before they realize what's going on.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: September 03, 2012, 04:50:58 pm »

Have you tried playing the TR infil?

I have, and I actually had some success sneaking around inside a base and taking out generators. Wasn't able to do much against people though. I'm apparently a terrible sniper. I probably should give it a try more often because I can usually at least survive as an Inf, even if I can't actually do much damage. (Last time, I emptied most of my rifle ammo shooting at people spawning on a galaxy... no direct kills, but a couple of assists. Once I was down to five shots, I snuck inside, took out a generator by emptying my entire pistol plus one rifle round into it. After that, I hid near the generator, waited till an engineer came up to repair the gen, tried to throw a grenade at him, missed, and ended up getting filled full of bullets for it.

The inf really does need C4 though... there were so many situations I could have used it to effect during that run.

Fighting across a valley near the North/south dividing line between two smaller outposts has been one of the more fun battles I"ve been in.

Oh I know what you mean! It's Seabed Listening Post and West Highlands Checkpoint, innit? I love that place. Especially because the NC like to put a whole bunch of snipers and engie turrets up on the ridge on their side of the valley. So I just jet up there, make my way along the ridge, and murder them to death one by one. The rest of the TR like to hide in the rocks around Checkpoint, so the idea of a lone LA doing that is so inconceivable to the NC that I can usually take out five or more before they realize what's going on.

I know West Highlands is one of them... I can't remember if Seabed is the other, but I know it's in that general area. Yeah, TR does like to camp a bit and NC was a bit more proactive about flanking us, and of course the Reavers just loved strafing us with rockets. I believe it ended badly for us, but still was fun.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 03, 2012, 06:21:43 pm »

Oh I know what you mean! It's Seabed Listening Post and West Highlands Checkpoint, innit?
That canyon base demands high causalities to take. Snipers paradise and all the tanks gets funneled into a small area easily bombed.
Anyone unlocked the skyguard or the prowler AA(walker?) and care to share their thoughts? Currently considering which one to get.
I'm ivefan on EU1 playing TR.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: September 03, 2012, 08:12:06 pm »

If you're talking about the canyon leading down from the Biolab toward the Quartz what have you, it's an incredible place to fight as TR.  Only place we can entice the NC on USE1 to engage us with substantial ground forces.

I'm pretty sure the walker is a commanders turret, ie replaces 20mm gun.  and you really wouldn't want to replace your main gun in that fight, since constant shelling using the prowler deploy mode works wonders.  It generally seems that the skyguard is the goto solution, with the double burster max being an equal only in numbers.  Sometime reavers will  stop having unlimited afterburner and more armor than anyone else. Sometime...

Another weapon I've recently discovered is the SKEP launcher.  Basically just the standard HA rocket launcher, but with a lock-on mode, which basically means that the HA is actually useful.

Did they widen the spread on the CARV?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 826