Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089213 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2265 on: September 04, 2012, 09:09:34 pm »

I also got some kill streaks by AA turret trolling. I can't scratch AA turrets in a character that can reach them, so I shoot them to make noise and jump in from of their view until they can't stand it and jump out. I've never been killed by someone who got out of the turret though; I always hit them before they can move their cursor over me I think. My advice is if you're in the turret, just stay in the turret. ;)

And I think it's easy to underestimate what a good LA can do to discombobulate people. Getting really close and jumping means you'll have an easier time tracking your opponent than they will you.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: September 04, 2012, 09:27:12 pm »

For a second I thought you meant using them ;)

Does it shed as much damage as having the HA suit and shield ability?  Don't really see the point of using them if they don't.  I don't think they even sprint faster than HA.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: September 04, 2012, 10:14:26 pm »

My god I want this game so badly. Also I have a question, how feasible/effective would be a mass MAX attack supported by veichles?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: September 04, 2012, 11:35:41 pm »

My god I want this game so badly. Also I have a question, how feasible/effective would be a mass MAX attack supported by veichles?
As long your empire dont trample's you with their vehicule you should be fine. In fact it could be a good tactic to storm a point and hold it for a while, giving the zerg a breather and the possibility to move the frontline closer to the capture point while the ennemy are busy trying to move you out.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: September 05, 2012, 12:03:23 am »

More viable is just engi-medic-max hotdrops onto outposts.  Quickly capped, then the maxes can switch to burstermax or HA w/ skep gun to deal with air and armor.

Glorious footzerg into dahaka by tr on east1 just now, apparently reaver cd's were active since we didn't have to deal with 20 or 30 of them in the air at once until after we took dahaka.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: September 05, 2012, 12:08:09 am »

I got a key! Going to be rolling US East 3, look for IncendiaryPig.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: September 05, 2012, 03:33:43 am »

More viable is just engi-medic-max hotdrops onto outposts.  Quickly capped, then the maxes can switch to burstermax or HA w/ skep gun to deal with air and armor.
Medic-Engi-Max is the best infantry combination right now. Light assault works great as solo or small harrassment, and I'm not sure why the infiltrator class still exists except for annoying the hell out of both ally and enemy. Heavy Assault... Well, it can blow stuff up. It's a MAX-light, I guess.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: September 05, 2012, 06:20:56 am »

So now we have someone on East1, East2, and East3. I'm thinkg I should move.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: September 05, 2012, 12:30:58 pm »

I'm also on west...

Anyhoo rumor has it there's a wipe in about a week. I think it would be awesome if we could pick ONE SERVER AND ONE BACKUP SERVER and form a BAY12 OUTFIT in ONE FACTION. I've done some squad play and I can only imagine how awesome it would be to be part of an organized outfit. Heck, I'd be interested in squad-leading.

I'm interested in playing just about any server and faction if we can make it happen.

Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2275 on: September 05, 2012, 12:45:50 pm »

yeah tbh I'm with Sensei, if we can settle on a single server and faction I dont care which one it is... I will play.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: September 05, 2012, 12:53:28 pm »

If the main outfit is on any of the US East servers I'd be happy to spend at least some time there. I already have a throwaway on East1 that hasn't really been played with yet. West coast tends to get towards the unplayable ping and a lot more disconnects in most games, although I haven't tested that much for PS2.

I'll probably keep an account on EU1 NC as well, although I've been having a hard time getting into any organised groups. Last one I rolled with was German and my Deutsch is horrible.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2277 on: September 05, 2012, 01:04:29 pm »

I'd be up for that.

I've been goofing around a bit on East 1 as NC, but I could go East or West no problem.

I have issues with the game, though. It will run perfectly smooth for a while, even with like 50 people all around me, then randomly freeze for 5-10 seconds (which often results in me standing there while someone shoots me to death, has happened several times that I sneak up on someone and as soon as I start firing it freezes and I'm dead before I can move). I can't figure out what triggers the freezes, since they seem to happen even when i'm off on my own with nobody near me. Then occasionally the screen will just go black and I have to restart it to see anything. And sometimes instead of just freezing for 5-10 seconds it freezes completely and I have to alt tab out and force it closed. Sometimes when I freeze while falling I just fall through the world and 'suicide' too, which is a bit odd.

Sometimes I can get in a few hours of smooth game-play though, and I enjoy the game when it works. Been playing light assault with C4, capturing points and sneaking up on people with the jump jets. I got with a group of 5 other guys at one point and we were moving around doing pretty good, two of em were playing medics, one engineer, one heavy assault, and one other light assault. Every time one of us died the medics brought us back. At one point I managed to blow up four TR with a well placed C4 charge when a bunch of TR guys rushed a point we were capturing (and the engineer in my squad mowed down their buddy with his turret, haha). I eventually crashed and didn't end up getting back with them, though.

Another time when I was solo I grenaded 2 TR engineers in their turrets guarding another point when I was able to sneak up behind them by flying over a building while a random NC max was keeping them occupied. The maneuverability of the light assault makes it fun.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:24:49 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: September 05, 2012, 01:21:26 pm »

Still collecting information about weapon attachments, found some Word Of God on the suppressor.
Quote from: joshua
The suppressor lowers muzzle velocity and the range at which damage degrades.

The benefits are you don't show on the mini-map, you have less muzzle flash, and lower audio.

I'm soon going to bump up the negatives slightly. Not too much, it's just that right now the benefits greatly outweigh the negatives and they need to be brought more in line.
I had been noting some damage falloff when providing long range cover with the suppressor, so this makes sense. A bit of a pain because it's when you are sniping from range you want the added stealth. I'd say it's worth it right now but might not be in the near future.

There is also a thread with images of all the scopes in this post. If you can't follow that link (need to be logged into the forums) then this image contains all the NC regular scopes and I can link any other factions or the sniper scopes (pretty boring) people are interested in.

In that image, 4X Scope 1 is the regular 4X zoom. 4X Scope 2 is the 4X laser sight. It's not entirely clear if the only difference is meant to be aesthetics or if there is meant to be some extra feature from the laser, and I don't know anyone who has tested. From those it looks like the regular 4X gives you better overall vision, despite being 5 cert points cheaper to buy. There may also be some differences between the carbine, SAW and AR scopes, but at least the 4X laser looks the same on both to me.

I have issues with the game, though. It will run perfectly smooth for a while, even with like 50 people all around me, then randomly freeze for 5-10 seconds (which often results in me standing there while someone shoots me to death, has happened several times that I sneak up on someone and as soon as I start firing it freezes and I'm dead before I can move). I can't figure out what triggers the freezes, since they seem to happen even when i'm off on my own with nobody near me. Then occasionally the screen will just go black and I have to restart it to see anything. And sometimes instead of just freezing for 5-10 seconds it freezes completely and I have to alt tab out and force it closed. Sometimes when I freeze while falling I just fall through the world and 'suicide' too, which is a bit odd.
These are all pretty standard bugs.

My favourite current bug is where someone will get stuck in a firing animation on my screen, so they run around appearing to constantly spray bullets that do no damage. No big deal, but then a liberator gets stuck constantly bombarding or something else that causing continuous large explosions on my screen while we simply move to the next target as a group.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: September 05, 2012, 01:28:20 pm »

I have issues with the game, though. It will run perfectly smooth for a while, even with like 50 people all around me, then randomly freeze for 5-10 seconds (which often results in me standing there while someone shoots me to death, has happened several times that I sneak up on someone and as soon as I start firing it freezes and I'm dead before I can move). I can't figure out what triggers the freezes, since they seem to happen even when i'm off on my own with nobody near me.

This happens to me when Windows 8 decides to change my desktop from one picture to another, smoothly blending between them, while PS2 is running. :V
I think I'll set Windows to only switch background picture daily, instead of every 30 minutes, which is what it has been doing.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 826