Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089450 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2325 on: September 05, 2012, 10:52:26 pm »

for connectivity, I haven't been shut out of east1 at all yet.  As for population, the vanu always need more manpower.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: September 05, 2012, 11:15:49 pm »

Also, if anyone is looking to the official forums for updates... apparently the devs just aren't doing crap with them anymore, choosing reddit and other unofficial sources over the official forums... I admit they are a mess to have to deal with, but would it really be all that hard to drop a change log in the announcement forum for each patch? That's all I really was hoping for from them and apparently I won't even get that... now I have to deal with checking reddit.

Really? They've been posting updates since the 31st, just not on the beta forums? Arrgh.
(I don't reddit at all, and I quit reading PSU after I joined the beta, as PSU was just a horrible trolltastic speculatory mess)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2327 on: September 06, 2012, 12:15:52 am »

Thanks to the awesome Rez, I am now able to join in on the fun. I cannot wait until I can get online tomorrow.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: September 06, 2012, 12:18:45 am »

Thanks to the awesome Rez, I am now able to join in on the fun. I cannot wait until I can get online tomorrow.
Remember... just submitting the key doesn't get you in. It actually gets you on a waitlist to get in (probably soon though if the rumors about a character wipe are true).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2329 on: September 06, 2012, 07:33:24 am »

Remember... just submitting the key doesn't get you in. It actually gets you on a waitlist to get in (probably soon though if the rumors about a character wipe are true).

Took a matter of minutes to get the email.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: September 06, 2012, 08:10:41 am »

So, any nominees for Esteemed Leader of the Members of the Bay12 Forums Who Play Planetside? (MBFWPP)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: September 06, 2012, 09:16:15 am »

IIRC, the beta announcement forums do have update logs. I'm not sure why the public ones don't if they're posting this stuff to reddit but, eh.

They've stopped updating them... and even the last update is simply. "Hey, we're restarting the servers for an update." Without any explanation to what the update consists of.  They even stopped posting server availability on the forums and last night, just glancing at reddit, I noticed they said they were extending the normal hours by 2 (for overseas people). Apparently there are one or two specific devs still looking at the forums, but they're only focused on specific parts of the game. RadarX, the person who's been in charge of "community relations" and posted most of the announcement updates so far hasn't said a single thing in regards to the game since the 1st. Everything since then has just been him locking threads.

The rest of the forum is a mess, and there might have been most posts buried in there somewhere, but the announcement forum has just been neglected completely in favor of reddit, twitter, PSU and who knows what else.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: September 06, 2012, 09:21:54 am »

On the bright side, Smedley said (on twitter, I know, I know) that they're pushing to get more devs on the forums. Plus, it's new forum software, so even the forum is currently in a beta state. Also, also, last annoucement post in the forums was saturday, all of 5 days ago? I think you need to go a bit longer before crying neglect, particularly since it was a long weekend.

Edit: oh, ya, the tweet "but we will always make sure to have people in our own forums. Soon that will increase greatly. "
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:23:45 am by timferius »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: September 06, 2012, 09:28:05 am »

My only problem is they've had two or three significant updates since the last time they told us what was being updated. Reddit and PSU got info though.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: September 06, 2012, 10:51:39 am »

Come to think of it, I've just recently heard that B button does secondary fire modes for most weapons and the Galaxy/Prowler, AND that the Flash machinegun cert is now available. All through players mentioning it on the forums.

WARBARGLARGH
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: September 06, 2012, 11:09:24 am »

I'm in the beta! I've installed the game and made sure everything is working, but I won't get to seriously play until tonight.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: September 06, 2012, 12:23:22 pm »

So, is anyone else interested in Outfit Leader position? There will be room for secondary leaders of course, especially when rank permissions become a thing. I think I may, tentatively, declare myself Glorious Leader tonight. If you guys want we could maybe start doing some informal outfit stuff before the wipe just to test the waters.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: September 06, 2012, 12:26:37 pm »

If you're up to it. It'll mostly mean doing the administration and invites, and I'm not online enough for that responsibility...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: September 06, 2012, 12:41:16 pm »

That's my main problem too. With a full time job and kids, I don't have a ton of game time each night.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: September 06, 2012, 01:23:54 pm »

I think I can be on often enough to invite people and set MOTD and such.

So assuming Y'all are willing to follow me, I'd say make US EAST 2 and 3 our primary/secondary servers respectively.

All that is left is to pick a faction! I'm personally leaning TR but I kinda like all of them. So I say, let's have a contest!

Write a short story about why your chosen faction is the best! (Or why the other two are godawful). Whichever faction gets the best story wins, we'll play as that. If you like maybe we can be one faction on the main server and another on the secondary. I reckon we can decide on Monday, so you have the weekend if you want. Of course if nobody bothers at all we'll just go TR I think. :P
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 826