Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089739 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2430 on: September 07, 2012, 01:50:24 pm »

You know what... I think I will be giving this game a shot.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: September 07, 2012, 01:54:13 pm »

Didn't receive anything.

Also, is it just me or is East2 dead? Seen fewer people total than we had in one EU1 tank column earlier.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: September 07, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »

I don't think I received the invite.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2433 on: September 07, 2012, 02:45:58 pm »

Something isn't quite right with this map...

Looks like that was taken just after the warpgates rotated a couple of weeks ago.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: September 07, 2012, 03:42:53 pm »

Yeah it won't me in either... what the hell? I guess this pretty much proves they're trying to keep the patch notes from us for some reason.

Edit: And there's a "redirect" marker alongside the usual pin/lock for announcements. So it's not a bug.

Doubledit: Became accessible again. Any changes?

The Beta servers have been updated with a number of changes to enhance gameplay. Players may not the following:

Known Issues:

There are a few issues with base shielding which may prevent them from coming up or down as expected. These issues will be resolved as soon as possible.

General:

A few crash bugs and stability tweaks have been made to provide a more stable gameplay environment.
    Iron Sights on all weapons have been tuned.
    Link Dead members will now pass squad leadership to the next available member.
    New certifications have been added for aircraft.
    Zurvan and Dahaka capture mechanics have been adjusted head to the World Design here to learn more.

Notable Bug Fixes:

Switching to a weapon with a scope while aimed down sights will no longer cause players to see their weapon through their weapon's scope.
    Proximity mines will now explode when an enemy is near or they are shot.
    Voice Chat HUD should now be correctly labeled for Squad, Platoon and Outfit.
    The gunner seat in a vehicle is no longer inverted when inverted flight controls are selected. “Invert Vertical Look” is now the authority for vehicle turret controls.

Vehicles:

The following Certifications have been added to the Galaxy, Liberator, Scythe, Mosquito, and Reaver:

Speed
    Turn Rate
    Vertical Thrust
    Braking Force

The Quad has been tweaked to provide better handling.
    The fire rate of the Scythe and Reaver has been adjusted to be closer to the Mosquito.
    The cone of fire on the Scythe, Reaver, and Mosquito has been increased.

Aircraft have had the following changes made:

Rocket Pods will now do reduced damage to infantry.
    Rocket Pods will now need to hit a tank directly to inflict damage.
    Direct hits on tanks will now inflict more damage.
    Scythe Rocket Pods now have an increased fire rate.
    Reaver rocket explosion radius has been reduced.

The following changes have been made to Air to Air Missles:

Damage has been reduced on all missles.
    AoE Damage has been reduced on all missles.
    Lock on range for missles has been reduced.
    The lock on timer has been increased by a half second.
    The lose lock on timer has been decreased by one second.
    The lock on angle has been decreased.

Interface:

Tank Mines, Spawn Beacons, C4, and mines can now be spotted and seen on the mini-map.
    Player whispers should now be functioning correctly.
    The Vehicle Managment Window now allows players to set vehicle permissions and remove people from their vehicle.

World:

Seabed Listening Post now has an additional spawn room and terminals.
    Indar Communications Array now has an additional spawn room and terminals.
    Ti Alloys now has a Spawn Control Unit, turrets, and an additional spawn room.
    The Palisade now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
    The Blackshard Iridum Mine now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
    Lost end Outlook now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
    NS Research Labs now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
    Snake Ravine Look out now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and Spawn Control Unit.
    Phalanx turret flak damage has been increased.
    Skyguard turret flak damage has been increasd.
    Burster MAX damage has been increased.

Infantry:

The Nanoweave Armor, Advanced Shield Capacitro and Flak Armor certifications are now available.

Weapons:

Rocket Launcher speed and acceleration has been increased.
    Heavy Assault Anti-air rocket lock on has been increased by a half second.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:49:49 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: September 07, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »

That AA  missile is another great example of the stupid wild nerfbat swing, sure it was OP but they could have just increase lock on and decrease the lock-on angle so you have to be straight on. That would be great but now EVERYTHING about the AA missile got hit by that nerfbat.... Same for the Air to Ground rockets... Really? Even PS1 reaver rocket wasnt THAT nerfed...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:58:49 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: September 07, 2012, 05:31:10 pm »

The IGN thing is all out of beta keys...FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: September 07, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »

ahh nevermind I had to preorder to get into beta.

Can't afford squat right now. I can BARELY afford to get a soda at school.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2440 on: September 07, 2012, 06:10:28 pm »

Been having it quite a bit better on East 2, less soldiers and less freezing. I still get random crashes though. And the game always crashes at the worst times. Just now at Dahaka I moved in, shot an infantry, blew up a prowler with 3 rockets (it was already damaged), then ran in where they were at the spawn and caught a squad of folks off guard since they were being rushed simultaneously from the other side. I mowed down a clump of 4 of them from behind, chucked a grenade that caught another 2 of them around a corner, and was about to get at least one or two more as I ran in (was 4 of them all facing away from me exchanging fire with a pair of NC guys) and BAM - game crashes. Moments like that are exceedingly rare, yet it seems like every time I get in position like that the game decides its time to crash.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: September 07, 2012, 06:14:09 pm »

That AA  missile is another great example of the stupid wild nerfbat swing, sure it was OP but they could have just increase lock on and decrease the lock-on angle so you have to be straight on. That would be great but now EVERYTHING about the AA missile got hit by that nerfbat.... Same for the Air to Ground rockets... Really? Even PS1 reaver rocket wasnt THAT nerfed...
I'm not a fighter pilot but the few times i've tried and gotten locked on, never managed to dodge it and it was always a one hit kill so it kinda discouraged me from trying again(I went skyguard instead)
A2G? Sounds like good changes, shooting tanks sounds like more skill and less spray and as long as there isn't any flak around you can take your time lining up your shots.
Today was the first day that i saw heavy use of tanks.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: September 07, 2012, 06:21:19 pm »

This is just what happens when you actually take feedback from a game's community and do what they say. A2A is OP! Nerf it! Reavers are OP! AA is useless! Etc. A2A had magical tracking powers, but was utterly useless on galaxies and IMHO the problem was more that there was no* way to avoid them through aerial maneuvers (which a player with skill but no certs could do, assuming planes came with radar, and it makes no sense that they don't), and that there wasn't anything resembling an even playing field between players who had it and players who didn't.

* Someone was able to avoid them by flying almost directly at them at full speed, but angling the fighter slightly below them. This required knowing where they were coming from, and it might have only worked in one fighter. I'm not sure.

They apparently just added certs to boost infantry shields, shield regen, armor, etc, which means newbies and anyone switching server are going to be at a disadvantage against anyone who has bought them. (I maxed them out on a Vanu HA on West 1 which I had ~450 cert points on, and then cut through 10 or so NC in close quarters like a lightsaber through butter, before someone finally managed to kill me. I wasn't bothering to get healed either.)

Of course if you just don't play a character for a couple weeks, you too will have ~450 cert points.

What gets me is that these militaries are issuing their stock fighters without any kind of radar, missiles, ECM, or stealth, and that if any of these planes - Reaver, Scythe, Mosquito, Liberator, or Galaxy - came up against a modern fighter, the fighter would shoot it down with missiles long before the other plane could see the fighter. Even if it was a Reaver with A2A missiles. The engagement range is just too low and the flares too useless to be of any use against a real fighter, I expect.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:31:49 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2443 on: September 07, 2012, 06:46:34 pm »

There seems to have been some optimisation this patch as I'm no longer getting drops down to 1-2 fps in large fights, although I've suffered 3 random CTD's instead over a 4 hour period.

I've been running the new improved armour on a light assault and it does seem to make a fairly big difference in surviving during close quarter fights. I'll have to wait until I get some more certs to try out the improved shield regen and see if that is better for skirmishing where you should only be taking occasional hits.

Anyone tried out the flack armour yet?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: September 07, 2012, 06:51:13 pm »

Live stream right now: http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2

Also, some guy said "hey radarx (he's a SOE guy) i want to do a key giveaway on youtube, can I get 5 keys for that?" and he was answered with "send me a PM on the forums". If you have a website of any kind that looks at least believable, it should be possible to do your own promotional giveaway (free press promotion for them, free keys for you and your friends the winners).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 826