Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084901 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2460 on: September 07, 2012, 11:49:30 pm »

Speaking of infinite wars, the spawn tube mechanic reminds me of a Doctor Who episode...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: September 08, 2012, 12:55:55 am »

Sensei give me an invite to the outfit, character name is Adwarf

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: September 08, 2012, 01:23:47 am »

Invites have been sent. Again though, I'm not totally sure if they work when the invitee isn't online.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: September 08, 2012, 01:57:56 am »

I feel like bashing my head in which how terribly I am doing.

Five hours and I only got 1 level... while I am sure everyone here got like 5

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: September 08, 2012, 02:03:18 am »

Nope, I got none ... I spent twenty minutes trying to take down aircraft with the engineer's turret, I managed to ward off a NC Liberator but still only managed to get two assists in my hour or two of playing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: September 08, 2012, 02:10:04 am »

From what little I saw the Light Infantry seems totally useless before you unlock stuff for it... I never saw a point of using it over the heavy infantry.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: September 08, 2012, 02:13:07 am »

From what little I saw the Light Infantry seems totally useless before you unlock stuff for it... I never saw a point of using it over the heavy infantry.
They have a much higher maneuverability then the other classes with the jet pack things, so you could in theory just dance around a MAX and take one out by yourself with ease, of course it never turns out that way >.>

On another note how long till servers come back on? (Timezone shenanigans have screwed my view of time up :\)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: September 08, 2012, 02:33:39 am »

I didn't even notice they had jump jets... I noticed they had SOMETHING but the key that uses that stuff doesn't function.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: September 08, 2012, 05:24:20 am »

I spent twenty minutes trying to take down aircraft with the engineer's turret
Dude, you barely scratch the paint with that turret. go AA max or find a flak turret.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: September 08, 2012, 05:50:37 am »

OK, so last night was good fun.

The patch changed a lot. A couple of new bugs (the weirdness when you first spawn for one) and old ones getting worse (falling through the world a lot more). You can only have one brick of C4 deployed at any time, which is a shame. A fair few new certs that I'm not sure about yet (although I burned over a hundred points to test them). Will say more about them when I've played around more. I will say that at least the NC HA basic armour cert seems bugged. I was dying with a third or so of my life left from time to time.

Big change is AA has been buffed beyond belief. Assuming it isn't nerfed again instantly this pushes the AA MAX burster to a must-buy. In one life I got three liberator kills, one liberator critical assist, four scythe assists (one critical) and a galaxy assist. Got hit by a magrider. Respawned and took down two more libs and another scythe solo before running out of willing victims and blindly charging tank positions.

AA MAXes are also my new primary target because they are total area denial for air forces. Fortunately they are easy to deal with because they will be facing in one direction and looking up so long as there are planes in the sky. I caught two standing on a roof with an engineer supporting them. Only the engineer saw me, and that was moments before the first C4 brick blew up beneath his and the first MAX's feet. The second MAX didn't even turn around before his brick detonated. Then I caught a third just outside the same building with a close-range AV rocket followed by a couple SAW headshots. Instantly removed the enemy AA long enough for our air to devastate their other ground forces, and our side pushed and destroyed their spawn generator. Took and cleaned the base within a minute of that after a solid half hour of back-and-forth.

EU1 Vanu are on the move. They had a (slight) population advantage for a few hours and dominated the map. NC were frankly embarrassed by them. All the above action took place within three hexs of the NC warpgate, in a desperate counter attack against them.

And I'm afraid I will be staying on EU1 for a while at least. Right now I'm looking for the large scale combat. Maybe I need to try later at night, but East3 was incredibly quiet in comparison. My first action of the day on EU1 was a 50+ tank armoured column. Much accidental tank stacking and the entire formation almost drove straight off a cliff within the first two minutes. We drove across a quarter of the map, diverting around a valley, then ran directly into a fortified position and got blown all to hell. Then I did some solo and small squad play on East, met with  Siquo (I think?) for a few minutes, finally found a full squad plus galaxy and ran with them for a while, but rarely had a fight that involved more than twenty troops. Then I got disconnected.

Back on EU our outfit filled a four squad platoon. Loaded two full galaxies and provided a complete squadron of air support. We rolled over a half dozen small bases before meeting up with two other gals to hit a well defended tower, blowing up a parked Vanu galaxy on the way in. We had one of ours on each of the four pads of the tower at the start of the fight. Fifteen minutes later we were down to one of the unaffiliated ones and were holding off constant air and armour attacks while drop pods continued to rain in.

Then the server crashed and reset. But you can't have everything.

There was also one of the classic TR MAX crashes in West Highland Checkpoint which was utterly brutal. We held for about ten minutes, which is pathetic compared to some of the fights we've managed there in the past. Still, a fun and successful counter-attack down the cliffs that only ran out of steam when we reached the outposts of the nearby biolab. Got pinned down in the safe room on the other side of the teleporter from point B, farming kills from people foolish enough to walk in front of the barrier. One engineer even set up a turret directly in front of me and just stood and watched as I lined up the rocket. Then, when the base was lost and the barriers flipped to the other team, I planted C4 and took out the first few through the barriers.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: September 08, 2012, 07:40:19 am »

Actually, you don't scratch the paint of a lib or galaxy at all with anything less than the Basilisk.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2471 on: September 08, 2012, 07:47:46 am »

I didn't even notice they had jump jets... I noticed they had SOMETHING but the key that uses that stuff doesn't function.

The light assaults jump jets run off of your jump key, hold it down to keep them running. It's usually a good idea to keep a bar or so of charge before disengaging them and using it to stop your fall just before landing.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2472 on: September 08, 2012, 09:04:56 am »

It has taken me twenty hours to hit level 5. Levels don't matter in this game. Auraxium and cert points do.

Speaking of infinite wars, the spawn tube mechanic reminds me of a Doctor Who episode...

Jenny! :D
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: September 08, 2012, 10:12:57 am »

It has taken me twenty hours to hit level 5. Levels don't matter in this game. Auraxium and cert points do.

Jenny! :D

Ya, as far as I know, the only thing that levels do are open up the implant slots, which I don't really use anyway.

And, yay Jenny! My wife has some convoluted theories regarding her immenent return... though she may just be looney.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: September 08, 2012, 01:09:55 pm »

Y'know, I'm starting to like the liberator. I put the first cert into turning speed and I think I'm noticing the improvement.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 826