Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089285 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2550 on: September 09, 2012, 08:25:47 pm »

I've been getting terrible lag today on East 2 as well. Something is up with the server I suspect, I never had problems like this before.

I just spent about 5 minutes running around watching people warp all over but being unable to actually shoot anyone, watching tanks roll by and pegging them dead on visually with rockets but never having it show that I hit, even running up to tanks and them firing right at me and me not being hurt and firing back and them not being hurt (it showed them shoot, didnt hurt me). Then suddenly I died to a MAX that I never saw while my health and shield bars were still showing full.

After that I gave up playing for now.

Same happened to me except I assaulted the Crown solo, and ended up in a fight with ten of fifteen vanu, none of them could even damage me and we were just unloading into each other. I ended up standing still for fie minutes shooting into them hoping it'd go away before just quitting as well. :\ Lot of work before it runs smoothly but hopefully it gets there soon.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: September 09, 2012, 08:48:13 pm »

Is it just an East thing? I haven't been playing on west recently, but East was fine for me before. Hopefully this improves soon.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: September 09, 2012, 09:11:09 pm »

Is it just an East thing? I haven't been playing on west recently, but East was fine for me before. Hopefully this improves soon.

I just assumed it was because I'm West Coast but the US West 2(?) had perfect latency while East was unplayable with the amount of rubberbanding going on.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: September 09, 2012, 09:21:11 pm »

East was running pretty well until last patch, so i dont think its distance (plus Im in the east). I've noticed lots of people rubberbanding and laghopping ( I think I just made that one up) lately though. Makes them hard to hit...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: September 09, 2012, 09:23:04 pm »

I haven't experienced any of that on West 1 or 3, even when West 1 is at pop cap. Of course perhaps it has much better hardware or internet connection.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: September 09, 2012, 09:31:48 pm »

No offence to other parts of the world but part of me feels that the East servers might be suffering from non-US players joining and lagging everything up.

I fully realize a lot of areas have no better choice and some people even with better servers would choose a more central server to play with friends in different areas... I've got no problem with that, I just feel that might be an explanation.

Personally I'll stick to West 02 because my experience with East has tended to the poor connection quality side.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: September 09, 2012, 09:51:15 pm »

East 1 is screwed up with rubberbanding wich didnt suffer before latest patch. Not a problem about my computer or network wise as they didnt change since well... a good time now.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: September 09, 2012, 09:55:58 pm »

East 1 is screwed up with rubberbanding wich didnt suffer before latest patch.

But did a few weeks ago when a bunch of new people joined (myself included).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: September 09, 2012, 10:16:53 pm »

I originally tried to go east 3, but it was comically laggy (people jumping 10 yards at a time laggy).  I tried west 3 and that seemed much better, even though my latency should theoretically be worse.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: September 09, 2012, 11:01:17 pm »

Are they still giving out beta keys? If so, what's the average wait time? I'm dieing to play this game. And I'm one of those guys who like to give feedback :(

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: September 10, 2012, 03:06:56 am »

Does http://help.station.sony.com work for you guys? I have been trying to contact customer support but it says that access is denied .

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: September 10, 2012, 04:35:24 am »

Does http://help.station.sony.com work for you guys? I have been trying to contact customer support but it says that access is denied .
Access Denied
Reason: Client address is not authorized.

Does this even when I'm logged in (and I'm in the beta).

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: September 10, 2012, 05:28:52 am »

It seems their whole support service is down , could be they are getting hacked again? There is no official response from Sony .

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: September 10, 2012, 06:03:19 am »

Are they still giving out beta keys? If so, what's the average wait time? I'm dieing to play this game. And I'm one of those guys who like to give feedback :(

They are giving them away here and there, but you have to keep your ear to the ground. Right now it seems they're handing them out to websites to give away. IGN just did a giveaway I believe, not sure if there's one going on now though.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: September 10, 2012, 07:13:26 am »

O, so what does signing up for the beta do? News and updates?
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 826