Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089433 times)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2685 on: September 13, 2012, 06:17:19 am »

How often do the devs add people to the beta? I signed up for it a while ago and am curious about my chances.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: September 13, 2012, 06:41:09 am »

They hand out keys like candy on twitter, but I don't think they're letting the people who just used the site in until they need stress testing (ie, after they've finished basically everything and just need to make sure the servers can handle 2000 players in the sameish area).

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: September 13, 2012, 09:30:18 am »

How often do the devs add people to the beta? I signed up for it a while ago and am curious about my chances.
Right now it seems you gotta grab one when some site puts them out for grabs

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: September 13, 2012, 10:21:40 am »

Pretty big update!

General:

We continue to address crash bugs and stability tweaks to create a more stable gameplay experience.
        Commander Certifications are now available.
        Players may no longer spawn/respawn into a MAX units.
        Equipment Terminals will no longer heal players when used.
        Warpgate Locations have been moved.
        Resource Rewards have been slightly adjusted.
        A number of map enhancements have been made.

Known Issues:

Waypoints are currently being worked on to allow different types. Currently waypoints are not working correctly at this time but are being worked on.

Notable Bug Fixes:

Vehicles that are locked to Squad/Platoon only will now allow Platoon members to enter.

Classes:

The MAX will no longer be available for respawn. Players will now access an equipment terminal to use the MAX.

Vehicles:

The Magrider's tune speed and strafe has been adjusted.

Items:

Spawn Beacon cost has been adjusted to 100 Alloys.
        Med Kit cost has been adjusted to 150 Catalysts.
        Restoration Kit cost has been adjusted to 75 Catalysts.
        Claymore/Siphon Bomb/Bouncing Betty cost has been adjusted to 75 Polymers.
        C4 cost has been adjusted to 100 Catalysts.
        Sticky Grenade cost has been adjusted to 100 Alloys.
        Frag Grenade cost has been adjusted to 45 Alloys.
        Players can now deploy as many explosives as they can equip.

Certifications:

Infrared Night Vision Certifications are now available on vehicle weapons.
        Commander certifications allow the use Command channels.
        Certifications for the Heal and Repair tools have been added.

World:

The New Conglomerate Warpgate is now located in the eastern portion of the map.
        The Terran Republic Warpgate is now located in the northern portion of the map.
        The Vanu Sovereignty Warpgate is now located in the southern portion of the map.
        Peris capture mechanics have been updated.
        Players should now see enemy units more clearly on the mini-map.

Interface:

A toggle for the continent map is now available that will show a coordinate based grid which can be used to coordinate movement.
        A “center on me” toggle has been added to the upper left corner of the map. Arrows around this toggle will allow the map to pan.
        Facility names now appear on the continent map if the Facility toggle is on.
        The continent map will now save your position and zoom level when you close the interface.
        An activity indicator has been added to the region information panel. As you mouse over the regions with the Territory control toggle on you can see value listed for how busy that region is.
        Hotspot indicators should more accurately drop players in the location they are requesting.

Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: September 13, 2012, 10:32:35 am »

Sounds good. It's really nice to see that the player feedback is being used, and that they're really working on balance.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: September 13, 2012, 10:47:02 am »

There are stealth changes in there as well.  Apparently the Lib pilot turret no longer will follow free-look. The skyguard no longer bucks like a bronco.  Who knows what all they've declined to list in that release.

Servers are down, might be for quite some time.  They also failed to list the 'terrible stability' update they included.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: September 13, 2012, 10:56:07 am »

C4 cost has been adjusted to 100 Catalysts.
Players can now deploy as many explosives as they can equip.
I might actually run out of C4 at some point now.
Equipment Terminals will no longer heal players when used.
Making engineers and medics even more valuable in defences. Engineers especially with the MAX changes.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: September 13, 2012, 11:08:34 am »

There are stealth changes in there as well.  Apparently the Lib pilot turret no longer will follow free-look. The skyguard no longer bucks like a bronco.  Who knows what all they've declined to list in that release.

Servers are down, might be for quite some time.  They also failed to list the 'terrible stability' update they included.

Wait... you could control the front lib turret from the cockpit by using free look? I never knew this... would have changed my view on flying that thing so much...

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: September 13, 2012, 11:09:55 am »

IRNV vehicle certs?

Finally, I can see in the dark!

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: September 13, 2012, 11:16:45 am »

Wait... you could control the front lib turret from the cockpit by using free look? I never knew this... would have changed my view on flying that thing so much...

Yeah it really surprised scythe pilots who thought they can just hover off the side of a liberator. I'm sad it's gone. I wonder what the reasoning behind it was. It's not very unbalanced, you had to give up any sort of maneuvering in order to do it.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: September 13, 2012, 11:18:02 am »

I'm glad to see costs going up for all the infantry purchasbles (grenades etc.). Actually make resources mean something to a foot-slogger

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: September 13, 2012, 11:27:01 am »

I'm glad to see costs going up for all the infantry purchasbles (grenades etc.). Actually make resources mean something to a foot-slogger

It just needs to feel real now rather then a silly edge bonus... which is what it feels like right now.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2697 on: September 13, 2012, 11:29:51 am »

It figures that as soon as I get my new rig set up (last night) the planetside servers go down. Haven't had a chance to try out playing the game without freezing and stuttering. I might even be a competent pilot now. But nooo, the servers are down.

:P

Guess I'll go play SOTS2, been owning that game for months as part of a bundle without a system that could run DX10.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: September 13, 2012, 11:49:46 am »

Yeah it really surprised scythe pilots who thought they can just hover off the side of a liberator. I'm sad it's gone. I wonder what the reasoning behind it was. It's not very unbalanced, you had to give up any sort of maneuvering in order to do it.
Probably because it's meant to be a fixed gun, and it doesn't make sense for a fixed gun to be able to shoot sideways.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: September 13, 2012, 12:07:21 pm »

The mount is, well, turrety looking  And it makes even less sense for a bomber style gunship to have a fixed gun.  What exactly is a lib going to do with a fixed nose-cannon that it shouldn't have been doing with it's bomb launcher?

The pilot gun was bad, it didn't have a gun camera and it restricted your fire terribly, but it really has no purpose as a weapon now.

The more I think about the game, the more I get the impression that the devs are making design decisions at random.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 826