Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084967 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2715 on: September 13, 2012, 11:07:47 pm »

Don't complain about things that happen because a game is in beta. Not cool.

Also, still waiting for an invite. Username in-game is Micro102NC

Odd, I just tried to invite you and it said character not found. Don't know if that's because you're offline, or there's a typo in the name? You're on East 2?

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: September 13, 2012, 11:48:09 pm »

Remeber it's a beta! No right to complain!
Don't care if it is or isn't. Something's wrong? I can and will damnwell point it out. Also PS2 is despite the lable not a beta, it's an alpha version and is as incomplete and lacking for basic gameplay features as Dwarf Fortress is. If it was a genuine beta there would be no locked-up certs and you could buy any weapon, etc. The certs are locked because i doubt they're even coded in at the moment, just like the weapons are locked because they arn't modeled.

You know how annoying the command channel would be if it only cost 40 certs to use it?
If they were smart they'd let the player determine for themselves what command channels they could listen to. (i doubt they're that smart; they're aiming for CoDs and BFs "console gamerz" audience) If some tardo is spamming server-wide slurs everyone could just disable command channel chat coming from that commander. The certs that offer genuine fight altering ability like an orbital strike should definitely cost 500 though.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: September 13, 2012, 11:50:16 pm »

Remeber it's a beta! No right to complain!

I remember a long time ago I was playing Final Fantasy Online (the second one) and I defended the game on the basis that it was a Beta. (it was fixed WAAAAAY later... by practically making it an entirely different game... soo uhh mixed message)

I learned my lesson. Yes you can complain about elements in the Beta and about the Beta itself... but you cannot do so on the basis that it is a beta or anything that is like that because it is a beta.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: September 14, 2012, 12:02:07 am »

We do have a right, a responsibility even, to complain BECAUSE it is a beta(or alpha, or whatever you want to call it.) There are problems with the game, and as they add more stuff, there will be even more problems. The only way for them to find out what those are is to test it out and report back your data including both factual information and your own opinion.

When you do complain though, do it in a constructive manner. Be polite, be clear, and most of all, do it where the developers can actually hear you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: September 14, 2012, 12:02:53 am »

By all means bug reporting is complaining.

As well yes... many of the gameplay elements they are trying to get right in the Beta they are trying to get right in the beta so Sluissa is right that now is the best and most worthwhile time to complain... before the game is more set in stone.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: September 14, 2012, 12:34:51 am »

There's a big difference between "500 certs seems a bit high for command channel access" and swearing and ranting about it and how it and the squad/platoon system doesn't give you free stuff.

Also, I don't think it's high, I think it might be low, because I was around when people were spamming music and annoying voice chat on the empire-wide voice chat (and I disabled it in my config file before they removed it - at least I heard they removed it), and 500 certs is only a couple weeks of playing a different character.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: September 14, 2012, 01:14:11 am »

There's a big difference between "500 certs seems a bit high for command channel access" and swearing and ranting about it and how it and the squad/platoon system doesn't give you free stuff.

According to what I know about speaking to others... The second part, which you put as the weaker arguement, is in fact that stronger arguement.

"seems a bit high"? What are you trying to say?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: September 14, 2012, 01:49:35 am »

Sorry I bugged out on your guys, but I just kept crashing :(

Did manage to take out a magrider with my Flash, though (from behind, he never knew what hit him). The fury is a bt useless against infantry, though, and flash vs tanks its usually the tank that wins, so I might buyt the AI weapon for it instead.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: September 14, 2012, 03:15:27 am »

According to what I know about speaking to others... The second part, which you put as the weaker arguement, is in fact that stronger arguement.

You didn't read the rest of my post, did you?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: September 14, 2012, 10:21:38 am »

So they've further incentivized idling?  Makes sense.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: September 14, 2012, 10:27:17 am »

So they've further incentivized idling?  Makes sense.
Because more idlers == more players online. Right? "our servers can handle up to 6000 players per continent!!! (but only if 5900 of em are idling)"

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: September 14, 2012, 11:00:52 am »

Idlers = people not spending money

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: September 14, 2012, 11:35:58 am »

You didn't read the rest of my post, did you?

None of the other part of what you said was important to what I was trying to say.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: September 14, 2012, 11:43:04 am »

None of the other part of what you said was important to what I was trying to say.
I think you need to read the last page and Mechanoids comments to which Shadowlord was relpying (albeit without quote) to get the context.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: September 14, 2012, 12:35:30 pm »

EDIT: Nevermind :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:27:49 pm by Tylui »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 826