Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089188 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2985 on: September 26, 2012, 01:14:43 pm »

Bah, I say we stay. So what if we're outnumbered? Is that not what it means to be a dwarf?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2986 on: September 26, 2012, 01:16:51 pm »

Out of all the forum reading I do in several places, I only hear about two of the nine servers. Just two. Metis, and Leda. Metis because so much cool stuff happens on it, and Leda, because it is the single worst balanced server ever.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2987 on: September 26, 2012, 01:20:38 pm »

I'm not moving, I'm happy where we are. Sure, we're outnumbered, but we still kick ass.

NC leaving for other servers because we're undermanned is part of the problem in the first place. How do you expect us to get the numbers to get even with the other factions if everyone goes "Oh noes, we're outnumbered, run away!"

Even on the days we have less than 20% of the population we usually still control a solid 1/4 to 1/3 of the map.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 01:22:09 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: September 26, 2012, 01:21:16 pm »

That's what you think. We've got an unstoppable armor column going right now. Too bad everything behind us is instantly recapped, but it's still good fun :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: September 26, 2012, 01:22:05 pm »

Ya, ran with a good column last night for a bit. Also, they're increasing the xp boost for being undermanned this patch I believe, so even more incentive to tough it out!

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2990 on: September 26, 2012, 01:24:44 pm »

Ya, ran with a good column last night for a bit. Also, they're increasing the xp boost for being undermanned this patch I believe, so even more incentive to tough it out!

Yeah, they are, so it probably won't be that bad after a few days.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: September 26, 2012, 03:06:44 pm »

Okay, so we got to zurvan too late and were kicked out by the TR. Then we regrouped, all got into liberators about 10 of em fully crewed, and right before we hit zurvan, and unleash uber epicness, my client crashes for the xth time. Well, fuck you, PS2, I'm done with you for a while.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: September 26, 2012, 03:34:39 pm »

Yay! I got a key! What faction is our outfit?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: September 26, 2012, 03:39:21 pm »

NC on Leda.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: September 26, 2012, 03:46:34 pm »

I'll join as soon as install finishes.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2995 on: September 26, 2012, 04:45:21 pm »

Oh man, that was hilarious.

I decided to goof around a bit at Zurvan, so I swapped to Infiltrator and snuck in their base. Took me three attempts, as the side I was sneaking in was a serious battleground. On the third attempt I got in, hacked a turret that was actively being used (kicking the guy in it out), got in the turret before him and another guy who finally spotted me could kill me, then proceeded to take out two prowlers, a lightning, 5 infantry guys, and the other turret in the same location (which also had a guy in it) before being taken out by rockets by the same guy I had booted out of the turret in the first place and another guy. It only lasted probably 60 seconds or so (the guy I booted out immediately ran back to a sunderer and went HA to start rocketing me, and another guy was pegging me before he even got back) but that short time in the turret let me do quite a bit of damage since it was directly behind the TR lines.

I must have walked past 10 guys just getting up to the turret, then stood there hacking it with two TR guys right by me that were focusing on NC outside the base. I was tempted to try and kill them from behind, but decided to go for the turret instead. Everyone was so distracted they didn't notice the infiltrator standing in plain sight (can't hack while stealthed) hacking their turret.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: September 26, 2012, 08:37:16 pm »

lets hope they put back in constant cert gain for tonights' update, because 240 certs for even the most simple suit upgrade or new purchaseable weapon to ungimp your character *cough* C4 *cough* is just plain fucking the shit right out of an eldergod's colon. what the hell were they thinking FOR A BETA TEST no one can give feedback on how useful these things are if they can't afford to buy them ::)

[edit - also, the lack of spawn protection measures only illustrates how incompetent the developers are, or at least how over-worked they are that they can't fucking think their shit through well enough to consider "Gee, i wonder if someone will camp the spawn tubes in preparation for the base flip" and then we're left to languish for 1-2 WEEKS while they add more broken features.]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:49:09 pm by Mechanoid »
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: September 26, 2012, 08:53:16 pm »

lets hope they put back in constant cert gain for tonights' update, because 240 certs for even the most simple suit upgrade or new purchaseable weapon to ungimp your character *cough* C4 *cough* is just plain fucking the shit right out of an eldergod's colon. what the hell were they thinking FOR A BETA TEST no one can give feedback on how useful these things are if they can't afford to buy them ::)

[edit - also, the lack of spawn protection measures only illustrates how incompetent the developers are, or at least how over-worked they are that they can't fucking think their shit through well enough to consider "Gee, i wonder if someone will camp the spawn tubes in preparation for the base flip" and then we're left to languish for 1-2 WEEKS while they add more broken features.]

Well, It took the community a good couple of months to think of it, so I don't think it's a stretch to think taht the devs just didn't think of it, or that people would Douche it up to that extreme. I saw someone defending it as a perfectly valid tactic on the official forums...

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: September 26, 2012, 08:57:00 pm »

Ok, fuck pilots. I just saw a guy take an empty galaxy, immediately fly off without anyone onboard, and kamikaze an empty tank.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2999 on: September 26, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »

Well, It took the community a good couple of months to think of it, so I don't think it's a stretch to think taht the devs just didn't think of it, or that people would Douche it up to that extreme. I saw someone defending it as a perfectly valid tactic on the official forums...

Even without the pain fields these camps are breakable easily.

Three times today my squad took a tower.

Three times, as we reached near the end of capping it, we observed the enemy setting up a spawn camp.

Three times, we capped the point, then all redeployed.

Three times our squad leader counted down, and we all spawned at the same moment, throwing grenades in every direction.

Three times we succesfully destroyed a spawn camp in mere seconds.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 826