Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089900 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3135 on: October 08, 2012, 03:33:23 am »

Do you guys have any tips on how to deal with curb-stomp battles? What little time I got to try the game out ended up with me getting on the wrong end of 3 Vanu tank platoons.
Yeah, leg it. Preferably on a quad bike. Some battles you just can't win and respawning over and over will do nothing other than increase your death count.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3136 on: October 08, 2012, 06:01:52 am »

Yes, particularly if it is a magrider swarm (since the update I've never seen them moving in less than packs of five).

There really needs to be an ability to target a group of tanks and send a voice message and a tracking marker point to nearby liberators to call in a bombing run.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: October 08, 2012, 06:13:09 am »

The zephyr isn't standard on libs now, so I don't know how much good that would do.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: October 08, 2012, 07:08:52 am »

Anyone on US server wanting to group up???
NVM, Servers still down...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: October 08, 2012, 07:52:06 am »

Anyone still need a key? I've got one to spare.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: October 08, 2012, 10:53:43 am »

I have one as well.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3141 on: October 08, 2012, 03:48:46 pm »

I can get into the US server. Playing as Anvilfolk.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: October 08, 2012, 05:58:44 pm »

Tonight, we took Esamir.

Ended up playing in EU server. 12 people in the squad, actually using voice comms and teamplaying. It was epic! A good commander, almost everybody as heavy assault, setting up ambushes and tearing all the enemy tanks to shreds. We even had a guy who was always magically appeared whenever needed with the Sunderer to take us to the next position.

Now if only I could get than 15fps...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: October 08, 2012, 07:47:00 pm »

In EU server right now...
Rashkonn...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:18 pm »

I was there towards the end of NC having Esamir; as someone noted it was like the battle for Hoth except the Rebels were winning. A TR would poke his head above the ridge and three snipers would hit him at once followed by a tank round around a half second too late.

Since on my first day the TR had the entire continent turned red I had to return the favor; though usually I'm a gentlemen even in FPS games as Community in online games is what you make it.

"/y Hey TR; looks like the war is over, huh?" Since they kept yelling 'war's over' my first day.

"/y <eats Auraxium> Mmm, yum yum. You TR sure you don't want any?" Since after all, we were getting our butts stomped on Indar because our priority was the frozen wasteland for obvious reasons.

About riding on tanks: yeah, that would be very cool. The Russian army is/was especially noteworthy for having infantry ride tanks towards battle for mobility purposes, then dismount once they were under fire/in position/ wanted to do infantry stuff. It would be cool if you could 'hook on' to a tank when you are on top of it; where it could be as simple as your character grabbing graspable part of the tank. Or maybe using the mysterious powers of magnets built into a part of their suit or the tank. That would be an interesting sidegrade for tanks now that I think about it. Infantry Transport Railing/magnetic 'velcro' in exchange for whatever ability the tank might have. If it's magnetic it would be possible to explain why you can't have both in the fluff since they'd both consume power. Your infantry would be vulnerable to fire so it wouldn't replace the armored personal carrier but you'd have the big tank gun. However all it might take to kill all the poor bastards hitching a ride is a high explosive round(s) applied directly to the tank's forehead. Which would be epic for the guy who applies directly to the forehead. Simply apply directly to the tank's forehead and all your infantry problems are no more!

EDIT: Also:

Also another recommendation for the devs: please for the love of goodness make entering a vehicle and changing your loadout (talking about a certain APC specifically here) different keys if at all possible. That way you can enter from the same side the loadout changer thingy is on. I've been run over by friendlies or exploded by hostiles I don't know how many times because the game thinks I want to change classes/loadouts when I'm trying to climb inside the vehicle. It even does it when you approach from something other than 90+ degrees far, far away from the loadout thingy. A simple change to fix it would be to change the 'change loadout' keypress when facing the loadout thingy to something other than the same key as 'climb into vehicle'. If that sounds vague it's for fear of NDA but I'm sure you can figure out what I mean.

EDIT: Now to see if there is room in that non-Euro server now that I've had fun making some art in the ol' GIMP.

EDIT2: It was the Sunderer of course, that has the loadout change thing. It's on the rear and trying to enter that vehicle anywhere from the rear hemisphere is extremely difficult with the loadout terminal attached. I'll see if the key can be remapped but it would be nice for newer players if it was different by default. Maybe x or c depending on whether they are used or not.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:10:14 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: October 08, 2012, 09:25:16 pm »

The NDA was lifted a while ago.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: October 08, 2012, 10:00:45 pm »

Oh, heh. Well that's good news. Now I can tell people precisely why I think certain things are great about this game. Thanks for the info Shadowlord, you the man/other gender(s).
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: October 09, 2012, 04:22:31 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm never joining a random squad ever again. I'll either be joining with people I've VOIPed with previously or creating a squad whose name is something like "VOIP only".

It's too bad that if one side starts winning, everybody else form the other sides leaves. I mean, it's nice winning and all, but it's sad to see 60% NC and 17-18% VS and TR. I get the feeling the other sides are maybe not as organised? I mean, two or three 12 people squads using VOIP properly are probably worth 100 random players.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: October 09, 2012, 04:48:12 am »

hmm this or Dust 514
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: October 09, 2012, 05:25:51 am »

Seems like ingame voice comm is a no go half the time for me. Sometimes its coming through clear while others its not even workimg half the time. Its just like TF2. What I wouldnt giv for a group that uses something like TS3 or Mumble or anything...
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 826